PDA

View Full Version : Socal LED

Mufassa001
04-17-2016, 08:43 PM
COMING SOON! [NEW] GL1800/F6B LED HEADLIGHT KIT - HIGH BEAM - PLUG N PLAY
http://www.socalmotogear.com/HONDA-GOLD-WING-GL1800-F6B-LED-HEADLIGHT-SYSTEM-p/g18ledh.htm
Any feedback on this item?

53driver
04-17-2016, 10:06 PM
COMING SOON! [NEW] GL1800/F6B LED HEADLIGHT KIT - HIGH BEAM - PLUG N PLAY
http://www.socalmotogear.com/HONDA-GOLD-WING-GL1800-F6B-LED-HEADLIGHT-SYSTEM-p/g18ledh.htm
Any feedback on this item?

I've got the high and low beams.
Awesome.

Mufassa001
04-18-2016, 04:52 AM
I've got the high and low beams.
Awesome.
How did you get it 53driver, says not available until mid April on the website.

stevenolts
04-18-2016, 05:09 AM
How do you ride with the high beams on? On my HD Fatboy I never rode without the high beams at night. On the F6B I tried it the first time I rode at night and got flashed continuously with the high beams on. I tried it this morning again riding in at 3:00am to work. I was so tired I just geared up with my sunglasses on without thinking. I put on the high beams until I could pull over and put my clear glasses on. It was like riding with clear lenses (just joking). Are the low beam LED's more tolerable to other drivers but still provide better lighting for me?
Steve

53driver
04-18-2016, 08:51 AM
How did you get it 53driver, says not available until mid April on the website.

They had a few sets at Bike Week.
These were taken in the Destination Daytona parking lot at high noon.

High & Low; Low only

53driver
04-18-2016, 08:54 AM
How do you ride with the high beams on? On my HD Fatboy I never rode without the high beams at night. On the F6B I tried it the first time I rode at night and got flashed continuously with the high beams on. I tried it this morning again riding in at 3:00am to work. I was so tired I just geared up with my sunglasses on without thinking. I put on the high beams until I could pull over and put my clear glasses on. It was like riding with clear lenses (just joking). Are the low beam LED's more tolerable to other drivers but still provide better lighting for me?
Steve

I always dim my Highs for oncoming traffic - day or night.
The Lows throw very far and sometimes I do get flashed, but I have made some adjustments and 99.9996% of the drivers seem to be fine with it.

When we get together at PCB, you can see them.

Mufassa001
04-18-2016, 03:52 PM
They had a few sets at Bike Week.
These were taken in the Destination Daytona parking lot at high noon.

High & Low; Low only
They look great53driver, I did the flashbacks as well, plenty of visibility. What I was reading was to only do one or the other, but they look great! Thanks!