PDA

View Full Version : Corbin vs Mustang seats

DMAGOLDRDR
04-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Has anyone had both Corbin and Mustang seats that can give me an idea if the two are similar in seating position. I like my Mustang that sits me lower and a bit back but am unsure how the Corbin is.
I'm looking into a Corbin for the backrest addition.

Rob41
04-20-2016, 11:01 PM
Jeez, I hate to be the guy who can't give you a complete answer but....

I don't own a Mustang but I have a Corbin and have owned several of the Corbin Dual Tour saddles. The first thing I notice ever time with the dual tour is that it feels like the bike just got taller compared to the stock seat. I believe this is because the sides/edges of the seat where the back of your thighs contact the seat are taller than most stock seats. If you have any issues with your feet planting comfortably on the ground it may not be the best choice for you.

The other thing I find quite notable is firmness of the saddle. It's very firm to say the least. However after a couple/few thousand miles it forms to you rear. Once it is broken in to you I find them to be very comfortable with no butt burn even after hundreds of miles. That's why I continue to buy them and they are very well made as well.

The leather, stitching and foam are very high quality. Even after prolonged periods in the rain the seat foam never soaks up the water. I don't cover mine, I just use a hand lotion from time to time and the leather stays supple and new for decades.

DMAGOLDRDR
04-21-2016, 06:22 AM
Thanks for your thoughts on the Corbin. I have a Corbin on my 78 GL and it is hard as a brick and I like that it is a firm seat. I tried an Ultimate on my Valkyrie and my F6B and hated it, they are way too soft for me. The Mustang is a firm seat that I like but no backrest.
I have no problem with touching the ground, I just like the lower position.

cueman
04-21-2016, 11:13 AM
The Corbin that I had on my BMW R1150 GSA was a good seat for me but was very heavy in weight. I now have the Mustang on my F6B. I like the back support but IMO the quality could be better. YMMV cueman

Rob41
04-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on the Corbin. I have a Corbin on my 78 GL and it is hard as a brick and I like that it is a firm seat. I tried an Ultimate on my Valkyrie and my F6B and hated it, they are way too soft for me. The Mustang is a firm seat that I like but no backrest.
I have no problem with touching the ground, I just like the lower position.

I'm with you on that one. I'm 6'2" (36" inseem) so touching the ground isn't an issue for me either. I too like being closer to the ground. I love the Corbin's, but wish the sides where the legs transition, was more rounded over.

Brewdog
04-21-2016, 11:48 PM
I've had both over the years. My choice between those two is Corbin.