PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and a few questions

cogitare
04-25-2016, 05:02 AM
Greetings to all F6B owners.

Unfortunately my all black 2014 was rear ended 3 weeks ago and will be off the road for 2-3m, sigh. I can understand it, after all its such a small unimposing machine. It had to undergo the rear brake recall, and a ignition issue that required it be picked up. It appears they twisted the forks somehow as my Helibars cross beam is no longer horizontal. I opted for the passenger back rest, centre stand, installed Helibars and chrome bar weights but o/w stock.

I am now thinking I'll replace it with a new 2016 model and then sell it when its repaired.

Questions
1. Are the new 2016 models troubled by the soft paint issue?
2. Is cleaning the matt silver an issue, I have yet to see one. Honda Australia doesn't even seem to acknowledge the black and white, still showing the 2015 line-up on their web page.
3. If I want to remove the Helibars to fit to my new bike, are there any tricks bleeding the front brakes once I remove the helibar extensions?

Comment
This my fourth wing I have to say this model has the worst of any gear change Ive encountered, especially moving from 1st to 2nd, picking up neutral a lot. This improved with an oil change but it still happens especially if you accelerate hard, which I like to do. I would appreciate any comments re the 2016 model.

Thanks Silvio

Maddoggie501
04-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Greetings to all F6B owners.

Unfortunately my all black 2014 was rear ended 3 weeks ago and will be off the road for 2-3m, sigh. I can understand it, after all its such a small unimposing machine. It had to undergo the rear brake recall, and a ignition issue that required it be picked up. It appears they twisted the forks somehow as my Helibars cross beam is no longer horizontal. I opted for the passenger back rest, centre stand, installed Helibars and chrome bar weights but o/w stock.

I am now thinking I'll replace it with a new 2016 model and then sell it when its repaired.

Questions
1. Are the new 2016 models troubled by the soft paint issue?
2. Is cleaning the matt silver an issue, I have yet to see one. Honda Australia doesn't even seem to acknowledge the black and white, still showing the 2015 line-up on their web page.
3. If I want to remove the Helibars to fit to my new bike, are there any tricks bleeding the front brakes once I remove the helibar extensions?

Comment
This my fourth wing I have to say this model has the worst of any gear change Ive encountered, especially moving from 1st to 2nd, picking up neutral a lot. This improved with an oil change but it still happens especially if you accelerate hard, which I like to do. I would appreciate any comments re the 2016 model.

Thanks Silvio

I have recently purchased a 2016 Matte finish Black and White. As with all Matte finishes, special care is required. Do research on Mequiar's Paint Care web site. I use Mequiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer for everyday maintaining. I use a Mequiar's recommended wash when it gets really dirty. Use Micro Fiber clothes and be careful. No products containing wax or it will shine. Remember, with any Matte finishes, there is no repairing scratches or paint damage.
I do occassionally get that false neutral you mentioned from 1st to 2nd. Otherwise, I absolutely love the bike. This is the second bike I've owned with a Matte finish. Everyone who sees it, loves the finish.

jm21ddd15
04-26-2016, 07:53 AM
The Mat paint is no more difficult than any other color. I have never used anything but warm water with just a small, small, amount of mild dish soap, and use the micro fiber cloths. I would not recommend using any type of pressure washer on the 6. Water can get into places you don't want it to, when under pressure. Bike looks great. Early models have issues with soft paint, I don't know if the mat paint is considered soft, because I don't use any type of polish/cleaner, which has been reported by many, to leave their polishing cloths changing to the color of their bike, either red or black. It has been said on this forum, the Harley-D, make a good product for mat finish bikes. I have not checked this out, but have no reason to doubt some ones opinion.

wjduke
04-26-2016, 08:17 AM
I love the fact that you(me) really don't have to clean the matte silver so much. I haven't touched the wheels yet and only have used windex to take some bugs off. I do a quick dust, clean the mirrors and go.

Maddoggie501
04-26-2016, 12:29 PM
I love the fact that you(me) really don't have to clean the matte silver so much. I haven't touched the wheels yet and only have used windex to take some bugs off. I do a quick dust, clean the mirrors and go.

Basically, it doesn't require any extra cleaning. I have not even touched the wheels yet and I only use the Quik Detailer to remove bugs from the Bug Magnet fairing. Otherwise, I agree, clean the mirrors and ride.

Brewdog
04-26-2016, 06:15 PM
I also have the matte finish 2015 and it's easy to care for. Soft wet cloth is all it takes. Always looks great. I get many compliments on the matte gray and blacked out look. I've always had shiny bikes, so this one is FAR easier to care for. The bugs on the windshield are the most fun to clean, for the obvious reasons of course! :icon_biggrin:

n 20480