PDA

View Full Version : Got a few miles in over the weekend.

Jimmytee
04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Saturday morning, got up and on the bike. Rode and got some breakfast. My usual riding buddies were all busy so I just took off and started riding, with no particular place in mind. Meandering through curvy back roads. At some point I figured I was close enough and rode down to Robbinsville,NC , Deals Gap, Dragon etc... Called the wife, she wanted me to get a room, but I had some riding to do on Sunday with a group, and didn't really want to check into a hotel . So I rode home and topped off my day with 682 miles at 11:32 p.m.

Got up the next day at 0700 , met up with some friends and put another 315 miles in. Good weekend.:icon_cool:

pilotguy299
04-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Nice!

53driver
04-25-2016, 05:40 PM
What a great weekend itinerary!
Nothing planned, nowhere to go and all day to get there.

Jimmytee
04-25-2016, 06:55 PM

That was my thought.:icon_biggrin:

shooter
04-25-2016, 07:14 PM
That was a good day Jimmy. I managed 280 miles with my better half on back. All secondary roads with hundreds of curves. That's good for her. Best I've managed is 320 with her on back. The ride Saturday took about 8 hours with 3 stops , one for lunch. Weather was perfect and we had a great time.

wjduke
04-25-2016, 07:27 PM
One thing about having this bike....guys ride their butts off. I have to beg my 109 friends to get their bike dirty and ride. Only one guy I can count on. I wish I was closer to some 6's here. Looking forward to this weekend like a kid in a candy store. I still have the need to know I can do two 600 mile days in a row in September, and the OP here gives me more mental juice that I can.

Spiff215
04-25-2016, 07:39 PM
That's awesome..notworthy.

shooter
04-25-2016, 07:42 PM
One thing about having this bike....guys ride their butts off. I have to beg my 109 friends to get their bike dirty and ride. Only one guy I can count on. I wish I was closer to some 6's here. Looking forward to this weekend like a kid in a candy store. I still have the need to know I can do two 600 mile days in a row in September, and the OP here gives me more mental juice that I can.

I don't think you can do it. Too old.:joke:

shooter
04-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Jimmy , sorry for the slight threadjack. That was truly an awesome day in the saddle.

Jimmytee
04-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Jimmy , sorry for the slight threadjack. That was truly an awesome day in the saddle.

No worries :icon_wink:

GaTeach
04-25-2016, 08:25 PM
No worries :icon_wink:

Loved your fb pix. Thanks for sharing your meanderings.

And hey, Paul Revere, you'll have no problems on a 600 mile day. This bike makes it a piece of cake.

53driver
04-25-2016, 08:28 PM

I did 1100 miles in one day within 3 months of getting this bike.
I was actually looking to ride more the next day!

Jimmytee
04-25-2016, 08:29 PM

And hey, Paul Revere, you'll have no problems on a 600 mile day. This bike makes it a piece of cake.

On Saturday , well Sunday too, few of those miles were Interstate. So I spent a lot of time in the saddle. Had I been doing superslab, I would have had many more miles for sure. So all that to say, it is definitely doable . That is a couple 600 mile days.:icon_wink:

shooter
04-25-2016, 09:21 PM

Paul Revere..........LMAO. Where's Duke??

imported_NMRed
04-25-2016, 09:39 PM
WJ Duke, just ride it. I just did 3654 miles in four days for the moonshine lunch run. One of the days was only about 80 miles. days one and four were over 1k each. Eating miles on a 6 is a piece of cake.

Good ridin,
NMRed'gw-smiley'

3Chief
04-25-2016, 11:35 PM
Looking forward to running the North Cascade loop on the B in two weeks... We'll see how the GF likes it then :icon_wink:

wjduke
04-26-2016, 04:25 AM
Paul Revere goes to bed at 9 pm, so I missed that. Good one teach. I'm in no way worried about the bike. I love the way this baby hums down the road. Don't worry, I'm doing this trip. Threads like this give the confidence I need. What I need to do is stop listening to Harley riders when I tell them about it. They shake their head and say, " I don't know man, that's a lot."

Jimmytee
04-26-2016, 04:48 AM
Yep, no problem soaking up miles on the F6B, once you've got her set up for you.:icon_wink:

I ,as a general rule, AVOID interstates for my preferred twisty back roads. Provided I have the luxury of time on my side. :icon_rolleyes:

So Saturday's 682 miles included lots of time riding through posted 10 and 15 mph curves and small towns. and Sunday's was the same.

114th COBRA
04-26-2016, 05:16 AM

+ 1:039:

lgjhn
04-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Yep, no problem soaking up miles on the F6B, once you've got her set up for you.:icon_wink:

I ,as a general rule, AVOID interstates for my preferred twisty back roads. Provided I have the luxury of time on my side. :icon_rolleyes:

So Saturday's 682 miles included lots of time riding through posted 10 and 15 mph curves and small towns. and Sunday's was the same.

That's a good day of riding right there, Jimmy.
I find it amazing how this bike just eats up the miles so easily.
Stay safe.

GaTeach
04-26-2016, 08:10 AM
I did 1100 miles in one day within 3 months of getting this bike.
I was actually looking to ride more the next day!

Holy cow! Somebody has some stamina!!!!!

lgjhn
04-26-2016, 08:18 AM
Holy cow! Somebody has some stamina!!!!!
Yep. That run there would qualify for an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 if he had documented it per their requirements. The F6 is a great machine. Love it.

wjduke
04-26-2016, 08:24 AM

Unfortunately for me, the ride to the rally and back will be all interstate. Just don't have the time.

GaTeach
04-26-2016, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately for me, the ride to the rally and back will be all interstate. Just don't have the time.

Best bike ever on the big road. Best bike ever on the back road. Best bike ever period. Every time I hit the on ramp and start accelerating, I just start laughing. Beast.

lgjhn
04-26-2016, 08:48 AM
:lolup:
Best bike ever on the big road. Best bike ever on the back road. Best bike ever period. Every time I hit the on ramp and start accelerating, I just start laughing. Beast.
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:
F6B is the best kept secret in the whole Honda lineup and the "bagger" world in general.

shooter
04-26-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm not gonna disagree with her. Number 1 , she's right. Number 2 , she scares me a little.:icon_rolleyes:

53driver
04-26-2016, 10:11 AM
When Cycle Magazine compared the F6B to it's HD "equivalent" - a $34k CVO FLHTCNOIA UltraWideGlideClassicRoadCruiserKing, they actually started a new category for the F6B.

They decided she wasn't just a bagger, she is a "Heavy Cruiser."
And the only ding? She has side opening bags where the reviewers preferred the top opening bags of the HD.
It is to laugh - loudly.

blueverclear
04-26-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm not gonna disagree with her. Number 1 , she's right. Number 2 , she scares me a little.:icon_rolleyes:

Lmao she is trully amazing for sure! :icon_wink:

Great ride Jimmy and a great wife for letting you take off like that without a plan. Wish i was that close to the smoky mountains i would be up there (well down there for you) all the time. I can't wait till my trip in September!

Grant

GaTeach
04-26-2016, 10:16 AM
When Cycle Magazine compared the F6B to it's HD "equivalent" - a $34k CVO FLHTCNOIA UltraWideGlideClassicRoadCruiserKing, they actually started a new category for the F6B.

They decided she wasn't just a bagger, she is a "Heavy Cruiser."
And the only ding? She has side opening bags where the reviewers preferred the top opening bags of the HD.
It is to laugh - loudly.

When I took my BFF's street glide to Ky last summer, she was showing me how convenient her bags are to open. She told me she can open her bags and get something out while sitting at a stop light. She was thrilled.

I had not met Sweet Georgia yet but if she told me that now, I'd tell her that I can pull over at a gas station, get off my bike, get what I need out of the side opening bags, and still blow by her.

shooter
04-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Can't argue with that logic.

GaTeach
04-26-2016, 12:52 PM

Smart man.

Pap
04-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Best way to tell.......

Pap
04-26-2016, 01:41 PM

Just remember Shooter, we can probably run faster scared than she can mad! :yikes:

shooter
04-26-2016, 02:06 PM
You got that right Pap. Besides she has a slow red one.:stirthepot:

shooter
04-26-2016, 04:24 PM
:headbang: This is to you Jimmy. You da man. I'm gonna talk to Jimmy about doing my long distance riding for me.

Jimmytee
04-26-2016, 04:26 PM

You all and your "Black bikes matter" :icon_rolleyes:

Bring it, is all I got to say.:icon_biggrin:

53driver
04-26-2016, 06:24 PM

Smart man.

Just remember Shooter, we can probably run faster scared than she can mad! :yikes:

Uh yeah...from that pic I reckon she doesn't have to run....just cast a spell or something.
"Go ahead & run, you'll just die tired."

GaTeach
07-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Paul Revere goes to bed at 9 pm, so I missed that. Good one teach. I'm in no way worried about the bike. I love the way this baby hums down the road. Don't worry, I'm doing this trip. Threads like this give the confidence I need. What I need to do is stop listening to Harley riders when I tell them about it. They shake their head and say, " I don't know man, that's a lot."

Don't listen to HD riders, Yankee. Just point at their bike and say "Not in a million years would I ride that bike 600 miles in one day."

wjduke
07-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Don't listen to HD riders, Yankee. Just point at their bike and say "Not in a million years would I ride that bike 600 miles in one day."

Trust me teach....I pretty much do my own thing. Like my friend with the Indian, who said it's too hot to ride tonight. We wait all winter for this. I'm headed out anyway...after I do laundry :yes:.