PDA

View Full Version : FASTER?

Westernbiker
08-28-2013, 09:52 AM
This is for all who had a bike before the F6B. Do you find yourself riding this bike a bit faster than your last bike? Especially on the freeway, I find myself at 80MPH most of the time, traffic permitting. Yes! I do seem to ride the F6B faster than my last bike, which I still have, which is no slouch, a '97' Valkyrie and she runs pretty good. I don't know if it's the smoothness of the bike to where you just don't realize your going that fast. My Valkyrie is pretty smooth but I think it's the lack of effort the bike has to make to be able to just 'GIT UP AND GO!' You just don't realize after you twist the throttle how fast she responds, for a big bike I mean. :icon_biggrin:

Darkknight
08-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes I drive this bike faster than the last bike. And just a note... The passenger when she's holding on to me can see the speedometer very clearly. She doesn't mind 90+ but I can't B.S. her on how fast we are going.:nono: Generally I travel 10-15 over posted with her on the back.
I've had more 100+ mph blasts on this bike in the last 4 months that the last bike in 15 years. Smooth, Stable and gets there in a hurry. :clap2:

bobbyf6b
08-28-2013, 10:42 AM
I voted About the Same because I've always ridden fast but the difference for me is I zip through traffic much faster now because the F6B accelerates effortlessly and actually goes where I want it, when I want it. Now! :biggthumpup:

kjelders
08-28-2013, 11:16 AM
The F6B just begs to go faster. I'm taking the corners anywhere from 5 to 15mph faster on the same roads I've ridden on for the last 5 years.

MongoF6B
08-28-2013, 05:25 PM
I've always rode fast, the F6b just does it better.

gray rider
08-28-2013, 07:24 PM
I enjoy my F6B for what it does well but it isn't fast. I have other bikes with 60-70% more horsepower and at least one of them, Gen 2 Vmax, has more torque. These bikes also weigh less. So the F6B is ridden slower because it is slower. But try riding these fast bikes any distance and their miserable gas mileage, four gallon tanks and killer ergonomics will convince a person that the F6B is a better choice 90% of the time.

Memphian
08-28-2013, 07:48 PM
I normally don't break the speed limit but I can def tell the F6B is faster than my previous bike with out a doubt.

Steve 0080
08-28-2013, 07:59 PM
the only law I violate is speeding...and if I was sitting on the side of the road having a cold drink and a Police Officer stopped and wrote me a ticket for speeding...I would take it and smile...because of all the times I got away with it !!!

rsj64
08-29-2013, 03:33 PM
It's funny that this question has been posted because shortly after breaking in my F6B it was obvious that I do indeed ride it MUCH faster than my other bikes. I have always ridden my other Hondas like they were stolen but this thing just makes it sooo... irresistible. By the way I already have a plan for when I do get pulled over and this is it... I will hand the key and helmet to the Officer and tell HIM to ride it and if he can keep it under the speed limit then by all means come back and write me a speeding ticket!

Westernbiker
08-29-2013, 03:44 PM
It's funny that this question has been posted because shortly after breaking in my F6B in was obvious that I do indeed ride it MUCH faster than my other bikes. I have always ridden my other Hondas like they were stolen but this thing just makes it sooo... irresistible. By the way I already have a plan for when I do get pulled over and this is it... I will hand the key and helmet to the Officer and tell HIM to ride it and if he can keep it under the speed limit then by all means come back and write me a speeding ticket!

I like it! Don't know if it will get you out of a ticket though..........but I LIKE IT! :biggthumpup:

bobbyf6b
08-29-2013, 04:10 PM
It's funny that this question has been posted because shortly after breaking in my F6B in was obvious that I do indeed ride it MUCH faster than my other bikes. I have always ridden my other Hondas like they were stolen but this thing just makes it sooo... irresistible. By the way I already have a plan for when I do get pulled over and this is it... I will hand the key and helmet to the Officer and tell HIM to ride it and if he can keep it under the speed limit then by all means come back and write me a speeding ticket!

Great idea. I wanna see video. :biggthumpup:

kjelders
09-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Yep, it begs to go fast. I go my first ticket in 30 years yesterday. Dang. :banghead:

killjoy_1
10-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Love my F6B and how it handles at speed, but its no match for my 2007 ZX-14. I guess that is at least one reason why I keep the Kawa around....lol!

JesseS
10-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Faster by all means as my last bike was a VTX, and this thing corners so much better there is no comparison. Got pulled over by a Motor for doing 20 over, so we shot the breeze about bikes for about 15 minutes and he let me go. Seems he was the Son of an Officer I used to work with:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen: Always helps to be a retired LEO:icon_biggrin:

Scotrod
10-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes. Mainly b/c its easy for my speed to 'creep up' without noticeable changes in the environment around me. (Vibrations, wind noise, etc)

Engine is smoother at 70 than at 50, and 50 is 'smooth like buttah', so rural 2 lane roads are a challenge to keep the speed down. (Easier on super-slab, but still need to keep an eye on it)

Bike is easy to ride fast also, at least compared to my last couple rides,,

I'm no speed-racer, but in curves, to me, the 6 doesn't dive, doesn't stand, you just 'look' and shoot. :yes:

dickiedeals
10-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Not really. My Harley was souped up and produced about the same output as my stock f6b. I might get up to sped a bit quicker. lol

bobbyf6b
10-06-2013, 09:13 AM
I need to change my vote to YES. The more comfortable I get with the bike, the more I look down at the speedo and have to back off the throttle. 80-90 seems to be the new cruising speed. :shhh:

Au Wing
06-22-2015, 12:34 AM
I haven't had a speeding ticket in 40 years, then I got a new F6B. mmm 3 tickets in 1 month. I wonder if the judge will believe this. 53% of us speed on our favorite toy.

Oh well, I do love it!

Au (Gold) Wing

Bryster
06-22-2015, 05:33 AM
It's funny that this question has been posted because shortly after breaking in my F6B it was obvious that I do indeed ride it MUCH faster than my other bikes. I have always ridden my other Hondas like they were stolen but this thing just makes it sooo... irresistible. By the way I already have a plan for when I do get pulled over and this is it... I will hand the key and helmet to the Officer and tell HIM to ride it and if he can keep it under the speed limit then by all means come back and write me a speeding ticket!

Lol...

And when I answer. "I've got one as well!".... hmmmm..... :shhh:

dickiedeals
06-22-2015, 12:43 PM
About the same.........Just fast enough to edge out the Harley's but not so fast as to Humiliate them. After all they still are my riding buddies and Brothers..........Dickie

dickiedeals
06-22-2015, 12:48 PM
About the same.........Just fast enough to edge out the Harley's but not so fast as to Humiliate them. After all they still are my riding buddies and Brothers..........Dickie

Got my first speeding ticket in my life on the way home from the 2014 Franklin NC. Rally in North Ga on my 2013 Fast Black F6B Deluxe.......Dickie:shhh:

shooter
06-22-2015, 05:12 PM
I actually ride my 109 harder. Its louder and faster. Gets me revved up.

BIGLRY
06-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Naw, my turbo X is much faster:wheelchair wheelie:

Retired Army
06-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Hard to hold 6 lungs back when the predecessor only had 2 lungs and was black. :crackup:

shooter
06-22-2015, 07:11 PM
That's good army.:clap2:

BIGLRY
06-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Hard to hold 6 lungs back when the predecessor only had 2 lungs and was black. :crackup::yes: 40 year old, air cooled tractor engineering design does leave a lot to be desired...:old:

As to the color...that is yet to be determined since at night you can't see my flat six, black steel steed as it slides rapidly... oh so silently from behind only letting you get a quick look of its fast dimming tail light quickly moving into the far distance ahead. Is the black faster you wonder as it vanishes from view?:icon_mrgreen:

Now you know why the world's fastest air-breathing aircraft - the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird is black like my F6B.:poke::icon_lol:
http://www.migflug.com/jetflights/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/lockheed_sr_71_blackbird-1920x1200.jpg

seadog
06-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Did you ever go for a ride and not be paying much attention to the speedometer and all of a sudden you look and the land is going by you at a very high rate. Where are you at,:crackup::crackup: 95 mph on your F6B of course.

BIGLRY
06-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Did you ever go for a ride and not be paying much attention to the speedometer and all of a sudden you look and the land is going by you at a very high rate. Where are you at,:crackup::crackup: 95 mph on your F6B of course.Yea, every time I notice the telephone poles start looking like a picket fence and the only clear thing is a small circle in front of me I know it is time to slow down.:yikes:
http://www.improvides.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/fast.jpg

53driver
06-22-2015, 09:19 PM
First ride. From the dealership. After teaching the MSF classroom. 8:30 PM, Aug 21, getting dark/dusky.
Suspension was set on "max-comfy-sofa."
I get on the 95 North heading home. I've got 20 miles to the exit.
I clear out of traffic, get into the #1 lane and get my groove on - not the fastest vehicle I can see, but #2, or 3.
It's now dark, no one is around me, no highway lighting, high beams are on.
I glance down at the dash, wondering how to dim it, when I see the speedo....not exactly "MSF Safety Guy of the Month" material.
It was past 100.
I throttled down, forcing myself to do 65. It seemed like I was doing 25.
Amazing machine.
Alien technology.

xltsport
06-22-2015, 10:02 PM
My fj 1200 is much faster. My fj1100 was faster too. But........ My f6b is much easier to ride fast. So yes my "average "speed is faster. Especially when cruising on the freeway. 😯

Retired Army
06-23-2015, 08:23 AM
:yes: 40 year old, air cooled tractor engineering design does leave a lot to be desired...:old:

As to the color...that is yet to be determined since at night you can't see my flat six, black steel steed as it slides rapidly... oh so silently from behind only letting you get a quick look of its fast dimming tail light quickly moving into the far distance ahead. Is the black faster you wonder as it vanishes from view?:icon_mrgreen:

Now you know why the world's fastest air-breathing aircraft - the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird is black like my F6B.:poke::icon_lol:
http://www.migflug.com/jetflights/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/lockheed_sr_71_blackbird-1920x1200.jpg
I tried to have my F6B painted that color but my security clearance expired the day I retired.

BIGLRY
06-23-2015, 08:28 AM
I tried to have my F6B painted that color but my security clearance expired the day I retired.
:lolup::8::cheers:

racer
06-23-2015, 04:15 PM
No I don't ride any faster. My other bike is a VTX1800. The 6 is not faster top end wise but if you are talking about cornering... :yikes:

seadog
06-23-2015, 05:48 PM
No I don't ride any faster. My other bike is a VTX1800. The 6 is not faster top end wise but if you are talking about cornering... :yikes:

If I remember correctly the record holder for quickest time on the Dragons 318 curves and 11 miles is a Full grown Goldwing which did the 11 miles in 11 minutes and those curves on the Dragon are not friendly ones. one of the reasons our F6B's handle so well and we don't have the extra 90 pounds the full wing carries.

fl1madmax
06-23-2015, 08:35 PM
I have a Kaw ZX1000 with VH pipes, Bar Risers, its stupid, its my Let You Know your alive scooter, F6B is for me and Wife, with Ultimate seat we do 600 mile days ! my Harley Dyna Low Rider with 103 is only for Bar hoping.
fun, sounds good, but wouldn't take it any more that a 100 miles. Love my F6B and will not buy another till they add a 6th Gear, it so needs one, should cruise 70-80 at 2200-2500 rpm, the motor is there come on Honda, give me another GEAR !!!!!!!!! 50mpg easy !!!!!!

shooter
06-23-2015, 09:44 PM
If I remember correctly the record holder for quickest time on the Dragons 318 curves and 11 miles is a Full grown Goldwing which did the 11 miles in 11 minutes and those curves on the Dragon are not friendly ones. one of the reasons our F6B's handle so well and we don't have the extra 90 pounds the full wing carries.

Not calling you a liar Dog but a good rider on a 600 or 1000cc sport bike would clean that wings feathers. I know , the wing is no slouch , but a good rider on a Hayabusa or a GSXR or a CBR 1000R can run off and hide from any wing. I don't care if its Yellow Wolf or whoever. If you don't know that then you don't know bikes.

BIGLRY
06-24-2015, 12:04 AM
If I remember correctly the record holder for quickest time on the Dragons 318 curves and 11 miles is a Full grown Goldwing which did the 11 miles in 11 minutes and those curves on the Dragon are not friendly ones. one of the reasons our F6B's handle so well and we don't have the extra 90 pounds the full wing carries.Ya might want to check your memory there seadog.:icon_biggrin:
http://tailofthedragon.com/tail-of-the-dragon-info/legends/
as fast as the "Yellow Wolf" is purported to be and he is fast for a Goldwing a hot sport bike with an experienced rider could beat him.
"He once made 106 runs up Deal’s Gap in 24 hours, and his fastest time was 11 minutes. That’s hard for most people to do on a sport bike, much less a Goldwing." http://www.motomadness.buddybrick.com/deals-gap/the-legend-that-is-yellow-wolf/
I have heard tell it is a 600 cc bike that holds the unofficial record at the Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap NC.:shrug:

shooter
06-24-2015, 06:49 AM
I would have no problem with the 600cc thing Larry. In a road like the dragon , agility and nimbleness is the mist important thing. The power to weight ratio is hard to beat on a good 600cc class bike.