PDA

View Full Version : Ear buds?

zeus661
04-27-2016, 09:12 AM
Is anyone using ear buds plugged in? I bought the cord and I wonder how it would work listening to the radio with ear buds. My concern is wind noise or wind blowing them out of my ears. Comments? Thoughts?

I currently use ear plugged and listen to radio. Works pretty good. I just can't ride without something to block the wind noise.

Thanks

stepbill
04-27-2016, 09:48 AM
I have a set of Shure 535's that I ride with and really like them. The wind does not affect them plus the helmet strap helps hold them down. I even use them with my half helmet. Just be careful because I believe that you can get pulled over for wearing them while riding/driving. Some folks will tell you that they are dangerous as you can't hear traffic or sirens but I have no issue with that, can hear the music and the outside world just fine.

Spiff215
04-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Is anyone using ear buds plugged in? I bought the cord and I wonder how it would work listening to the radio with ear buds. My concern is wind noise or wind blowing them out of my ears. Comments? Thoughts?

I currently use ear plugged and listen to radio. Works pretty good. I just can't ride without something to block the wind noise.

Thanks

Since you're in Ohio, I'll pass on the law regarding the use.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.84

pitcherd
04-27-2016, 10:49 AM
State of Florida says that you cannot wear two ear pieces in at the same time as well. I would imagine that all States have some sort of law forbidding you to wear ear buds. The only time that it would probably come in to play would be if you get into an accident or something a long those lines.
I have a friend that wears earpluggs that are electronic and help to enhance the sound from your stereo. I am not sure what they are called, but I think that they are under $100.

Darryl

JGF6B
04-27-2016, 11:10 AM
I can't offer any advice regarding the ear buds.
I can tell you that I had to wear earplugs due to wind noise until I changed the windshield. Madstad properly adjusted = no wind noise.
I think my neighbors are happy too; I used to have the volume at 25-30 with the ear plugs in, now my volume sits at 15-18.

Jimmytee
04-27-2016, 12:30 PM
I listen to my stereo through the all aftermarket system on my bike. I do ,however, have a Sena SM10 that sounds anemic for music. At least compared to my audio system.
I do have, on my modular helmet ,a clamp for the Sena that allows me to plug in ear buds Instead of the helmet speakers. This sounds pretty good. On long Interstate rides, actually a little preferred to my audio system. Only because with the stereo playing loud enough to hear on the Interstate for prolonged periods of time, it just sometimes becomes fatiguing on the ears. The ear buds help seal out the wind noise so allowing lower volumes assaulting the ears. It's just a good option.

Steve 0080
04-27-2016, 03:13 PM
I listen to my stereo through the all aftermarket system on my bike. I do ,however, have a Sena SM10 that sounds anemic for music. At least compared to my audio system.
I do have, on my modular helmet ,a clamp for the Sena that allows me to plug in ear buds Instead of the helmet speakers. This sounds pretty good. On long Interstate rides, actually a little preferred to my audio system. Only because with the stereo playing loud enough to hear on the Interstate for prolonged periods of time, it just sometimes becomes fatiguing on the ears. The ear buds help seal out the wind noise so allowing lower volumes assaulting the ears. It's just a good option.

Me too!!! I like the ear buds on long hwy rides... Bose makes nice ones !!!

3Chief
04-27-2016, 05:27 PM
I use a cheap set of KOSS noise canceling ones...not sure they make them anymore, but they we're $15 a pop. They work excellent.

Haruhunter
05-26-2016, 10:59 AM
I have a pair of Bose noise cancelling buds and they are fantastic. You can run them on "alert" which partially cancels outside noise but allows you to hear noises around you. When turned on noise cancelling you hear nothing except the music. I highly recommend them but they are not cheap

Vondawg
05-26-2016, 03:42 PM
About 10 years ago at a motorcycle show I got fit and bought IPlugz (e.a.r.) made for shooting as well . A silicone material that still looks new...molded to 'your' ear...the stereo headphones ran about $110 but over the time I've had them (10 yrs) not so bad and I've worn them for hours very comfortably.

Steve 0080
05-27-2016, 07:04 AM
About 10 years ago at a motorcycle show I got fit and bought IPlugz (e.a.r.) made for shooting as well . A silicone material that still looks new...molded to 'your' ear...the stereo headphones ran about $110 but over the time I've had them (10 yrs) not so bad and I've worn them for hours very comfortably.

I have these as well, but I was not smart enough to get the buds installed at the time....:icon_redface: