PDA

View Full Version : Sold my VTX today.

Audiochris90
04-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Well my bike drove away just now. Put in for a day off to go to Russelville to get a mat silver deluxe. Those guys are out of 2015 silvers so they offered me the same deal on a 2016! Cant wait. You guys are great looking forward to meeting all of you. This forum is great! Pics comming next week from Russelville 20486

3Chief
04-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Welcome, congrats and condolences...Can't part with my VTX, she'll be in semi retirement for years to come

Audiochris90
04-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Welcome, congrats and condolences...Can't part with my VTX, she'll be in semi retirement for years to come

Yea I really didnt want to let her go, i showed the buyer every little scratch on her , but with only 5,500 miles it was a deal for him. But now comes my new dream bike and quite possibly the best road bike available today, the F6B. If you guys could have any bike, just one, would you change? The BMWs are ugly imo, the harleys are beautiful show bikes and kinda cool but very expensive for what you get but for on the road performance, comfort ect the F6B is it for me. But please tell me what elese you would consider?

okf6b
04-27-2016, 09:53 PM
Congratulations! I know that was a long wait for you.

Audiochris90
04-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Congratulations! I know that was a long wait for you.

Yea finally got it done. Tried Shawnee honda like you said but i can save 3500 going to Russelville, besides they are forum sponsors. And the ride home will be cool if it doesn't rain on me. Looking forward to meeting up w/ you. You going to the rally in sept? Want to team up for the trip?

Brasco
04-27-2016, 10:26 PM
I feel your pain, audiochris. Sold me '05 VTX 1300R a couple weeks ago. It went to a new home in two days. No regrets . . . just great memories of some fantastic trips and lots of anticipation for many more with the B.

3Chief
04-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Yea I really didnt want to let her go, i showed the buyer every little scratch on her , but with only 5,500 miles it was a deal for him. But now comes my new dream bike and quite possibly the best road bike available today, the F6B. If you guys could have any bike, just one, would you change? The BMWs are ugly imo, the harleys are beautiful show bikes and kinda cool but very expensive for what you get but for on the road performance, comfort ect the F6B is it for me. But please tell me what elese you would consider?

I honestly wasn't looking at the B, I wanted to switch up to a sport tour...Tried the Concours, wonderful bike just couldn't get comfortable like I was on my VTX. Had I seen them before I bought the B the Triumph Trophy looks promising. However I have no regrets with my B, we got comfortable with each other really quick. No issues in the 5 months we've been paired up.

I test road a BMW GTL1600, I believe that's what it was, wonderful machine, however to many multifunction wisbangs for me. The Triumph Rocket 3 was high on my list, it lost to a Honda again...When I purchased my VTX it was between the VTX and the Rocket, VTX fit like a glove. I'm not ready for a road couch like the full wings yet, maybe next time. Although who knows what will new and exciting things will be on the market in 5 or 10 years...:icon_wink:

53driver
04-27-2016, 10:49 PM
But please tell me what else you would consider?

Having rode the "6"? Nothing.........
Kept my '95 Heritage for sentimental reasons. She's loud and a bitch, but I still love her.
Isleen however? She's my mistress.......

gmorstad
04-27-2016, 10:49 PM

NOTHING and I did try many others. As you said, probably the best road bike available!

Ixol Phaane
04-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Well my bike drove away just now. Put in for a day off to go to Russelville to get a mat silver deluxe. Those guys are out of 2015 silvers so they offered me the same deal on a 2016! Cant wait. You guys are great looking forward to meeting all of you. This forum is great! Pics comming next week from Russelville 20486

I really liked my '03 VTX 1300R... until I rode it again after two weeks on my new B. It kinda felt like a little wind-up toy!
She's got herself a new guy.

pilotguy299
04-28-2016, 06:04 AM
I traded in my 08 VTX1300R when I got the F6B. I really liked how the VTX looked, and it rode great up to about 65mph. Anything faster or with long sweeping curves, it would start to wobble a bit. Even with the bearings replaced, etc. And it wasn't the best when the temps were lower. Didn't get too much for it on the trade, but it was better than having another bike sitting around unused.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/t31.0-8/12792146_158427204545720_8917631351921724201_o.jpg

The F6B just doesn't have any issues. At least none that I've found so far.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/13040987_231478593907247_7150232168172472541_o.jpg

Spiff215
04-28-2016, 06:34 AM

Congratulations! Having only owned Yamaha's, I first researched the FJR. The looks, equipment & performance of the F6B, quickly won me over.

seadog
04-28-2016, 09:59 AM

Thought maybe I was making a mistake selling my very well cared for Suzuki M109R Boulevard but what was troubling me was the bike wore me out after a days ride and I was looking to take longer trips. There couldn't be a nicer bike out there but of course I was wrong, the F6B does everything 10 times better than the Boulevard. I usually only put 4000 miles a year on my Suzuki, and it wasn't because I didn't have the time. 200 mile rides wore this old guy out. The first season with the F6B was 7000 miles and I would come home feeling like maybe I could take a detour before I got home and put a few more hours on it. A world of difference between two bikes. Both put a smile on my face but there was more time for smiling on the F6B.

RedWing
04-28-2016, 10:46 AM
It was hard to let go of my 2003 purple VTX1800C, but after the trading in and picking up the new 2013 red F6b. I have zero regards in doing so. The superior performance and handling for a bike of this size is simply amazing. I have worn the down outside edges of my boots riding the awesome roads in northern Georgia, where my wife and I bought a cabin last year!! Tried other bikes like the Rocket III touring, Kawasaki Concourse and Nomad, but this F6B seemed to bring it all together for what I was seeking in a new bagger.

Audiochris90
04-28-2016, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys , Im sold on the F6b. Its my last bike, just turned 50 yo on Sunday.

okf6b
04-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Yea finally got it done. Tried Shawnee honda like you said but i can save 3500 going to Russelville, besides they are forum sponsors. And the ride home will be cool if it doesn't rain on me. Looking forward to meeting up w/ you. You going to the rally in sept? Want to team up for the trip?

$3500 savings and supporting a sponsor....that's a no-brainer. Looking forward to it also. I'm still up in the air on the rally. My work schedule is pretty hectic this year so I can't really plan that far in advance.

opas ride
04-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys , Im sold on the F6b. Its my last bike, just turned 50 yo on Sunday.

That is what I said about my last bike at 58. Now at the "young age" of 76, I have had 6 different bikes since and currently ride an F6B, which may or may not be my last bike!!!...Ride safe.