PDA

View Full Version : Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Schu3d
08-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Thought I'd start a new thread on the install of the new cobra pipes. I just picked them up today from my local dealer. Been waiting on them for quite some time now. The are by far the most expensive set of slip-ons that I have ever bought. But so far I am happy with the purchase.

F6B-RICH
08-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Ok cool.We now need pics of them on your bike.

Schu3d
08-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Previously, I had just drilled the stock exhaust and modified the tip

Schu3d
08-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Removal of the old exhaust is very simple. One bolt and one clamp, then slide it off.

The service manager suggested disconnecting the battery for 30 min., to basically reset the system. He said it will "re-learn" the new exhaust and the extra flow. So I figured it wouldn't hurt. Hell, maybe he is right.

Texas TC
08-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Now, don't forget to put those stock F6B exhaust tips up for sale over on the GL1800 forum. You will certainly be able to offset some of the cost of the new Cobras. Going rate is $200-$250 per pair depending on the buyer! Those '12-'13 Wing owners really want our discarded tips.

Cool Hand Luke
08-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks for doing this, very interested. I have them n the order too. I hope that the quality of chrome is excellent, too. Also, let us know about the sound. Thanks again!

Scotrod
08-28-2013, 08:27 PM
NICE!!!!!

Sound clips with and without baffles would be nice,,,, :icon_twisted:

F6B-RICH
08-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Previously, I had just drilled the stock exhaust and modified the tip

The problem with doing that mod to the tip is now they are s--t you can not sell them.

Limbuck
08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Good post. Interested and watching.... Old question- Cobra gonna do black powercoat? I've seen the ceramic black from the other folks but I want flat black so I can join them anti-chrome folks.

bobbyf6b
08-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Good post. Interested and watching.... Old question- Cobra gonna do black powercoat? I've seen the ceramic black from the other folks but I want flat black so I can join them anti-chrome folks.

Ditto!!! I'm SO jealous!

:congrats:

bobbyf6b
08-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Can you re-use the exhaust gaskets? I was so mad when I bought pipes for my Intruder and wasn't told I needed new gaskets. Major buzzkill.

Schu3d
08-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Yes, as long as your gaskets look good then you can reuse them. Trying to get sound video uploaded now.

Yes, the Black pipes are coming. I was told mid October. I couldn't wait any longer....

Schu3d
08-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Almost forgot the finished pics.

bobbyf6b
08-28-2013, 09:53 PM

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own::bowdown:

Schu3d
08-28-2013, 10:30 PM
http://youtu.be/LDv8jwc_yTU

The video does not do it justice. The sound is so much more crisp and deep with the Cobra pipes. The Drone at hwy speed is 10 times less now vs the drilled exhaust. I am a very happy camper. Both Cobra and the Dealer recommend leaving the baffles in, so that is what I will do. It is plenty loud for me and the sound is fantastic.

bobbyf6b
08-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the man! :icon_mrgreen:

They sound absolutely perfect!!! Can't wait for the black ones. Hopefully I'll be able to match the front shield thing. Or just remove it I guess.

Schu3d
08-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Tried to get some sounds for ya guys on a holeshot. approx. 10mph to about 100mph when I let out. You get the idea.

http://youtu.be/oK-qpNFC9ss

Cool Hand Luke
08-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Awesome job! Thanks for posting! I too like the chrome pipes, my bike is blacked out and I think chrome pipes give it a nice contrast. I hope to get them on by Daytona Biketoberfest. Everywhere I go people go out of their way to comment on the bike, I can only imagine the comments after I put the these pipes on. Sound clips came out good enough, I know it's very hard to record the exact sound, definitely a nice improvement over the stock.

dgman2
08-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Thank you very much for your posts, pics, and video; Very nice job. The pipes sound very nice. They are a great improvement over stock for sure. I can't wait to hear them in person with and without baffles installed. Sounds like they might be every bit as badass as the valkyrie with the 6 into 6 pipes without baffles. It seems like this might be a somewhat deeper sound. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the black ones :icon_frown:

gamersince1976
08-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Yes, thank you very much! :yes:

erazor55
08-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Great post, awesome look and sound! Thank you.

bobbyf6b
08-30-2013, 10:41 AM
I keep listening over and over. They sound so good. I hate to say it but the chrome is growing on me. :shock:

Scotrod
08-30-2013, 03:21 PM
I hate to say it but the chrome is growing on me. :shock:

WHAT!?!?!? You are ACP member #0001!!!!! Must,,,, resist,,,,temptation!!! :icon_twisted:

LOL!!! They do look good! Sound good too! :yes:

small change
08-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Thought I'd start a new thread on the install of the new cobra pipes. I just picked them up today from my local dealer. Been waiting on them for quite some time now. The are by far the most expensive set of slip-ons that I have ever bought. But so far I am happy with the purchase.

I have been waiting on mine also,but now the way they sound on my f6b was time will spent

thunder217
09-03-2013, 12:46 PM
They sound good, thanks for the demo. I have been in contact with a few of the distributors and the black ones will not be available until sometime in October. They are taking orders now as usual. But the one thing that still baffales me is the cost. Cobra sells to distributors for $570 and all of the rest is mark up. I just can not seeeeeeeee the price yet. Still comeing to grips with that. LOL :banghead::rant:

dgman2
09-04-2013, 07:35 PM
I keep listening over and over. They sound so good. I hate to say it but the chrome is growing on me. :shock:

Same here. Tired of waiting for black and just reordered the chromes; I'm pissed off all over again, because now I'm being told that I won't have the chrome ones till mid October.

bobbyf6b
09-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Same here. Tired of waiting for black and just reordered the chromes; I'm pissed off all over again, because now I'm being told that I won't have the chrome ones till mid October.

Damn, what's the deal? I'm not ready to get mine yet but hopefully when I am they will be available.

jakec
09-05-2013, 11:42 AM
I ordered the chrome ones from Wing Stuff on Monday and I'm getting them today.:clap2:
Jakec

dgman2
09-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I ordered the chrome ones from Wing Stuff on Monday and I'm getting them today.:clap2:
Jakec

If you change your mind about putting them obnoxiously loud, ugly pipes on your bike, call me and I'll take them off your hands, LOL.
I've called several places trying to find a pair and get the same story everywhere... October.
Looks like I'll be going to Biketoberfest with my F6B sewing machine. I HATE the stock sound (or lack thereof) with a passion!
Hope you enjoy yours :-)

BLACKBETTY12
09-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Schroeders Honda in Hendersonville, NC has these in stock. I stopped by on my way home from the rally. Have no idea what they're asking.

jakec
09-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Well I installed them this afternoon, pretty straightforward, took about hour and a half. Stock weigh 21 pounds and the Cobras weigh 30 pounds. Nice sound, will have to ride awhile to be sure about the drone. Excellent engineering and configuration. They look really sharp from the back. Chroming could have been a little better, I have one pipe that has some distortion in the chrome when seen from certain angles. Not worth the postage to send back. The fit into the heat shield was excellent. Make sure you don't lose the rubber gromets off your old muffler you will need these for the Cobras. Wing Stuff was great to do buisness with and now it's time to pickout a seat.[Hurry up Ultimate that Corbin is really tempting me]
Jakec

dgman2
09-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Schroeders Honda in Hendersonville, NC has these in stock. I stopped by on my way home from the rally. Have no idea what they're asking.

They have 1 pair in stock....just checked... And they want $899.00 for them... That's the so called suggested retail price... I have them on order for $659.56 with free shipping. I think that an extra $240.00 is a bit much just to have them a month earlier.

Bruce B
09-06-2013, 10:36 AM
They have 1 pair in stock....just checked... And they want $899.00 for them... That's the so called suggested retail price... I have them on order for $659.56 with free shipping. I think that an extra $240.00 is a bit much just to have them a month earlier.

Where did you order from?

Scotrod
09-06-2013, 12:14 PM
My guess would be Phat Performance,,,, :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
09-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Try the Honda dealer on E-bay thats selling them $899 or best offer.They have a phone # maybe they have them in stock.

dgman2
09-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Where did you order from?

Phat performance and Wingstuff..... my goal is to get buy whomever is first and cancel the other. I'm tired of waiting and dread the idea of going to Biketoberfest without the pipes.

Scotrod
09-12-2013, 03:23 PM
With my luck, I'd have 2 sets of pipes show up the same day! :icon_frown:

dgman2
09-12-2013, 07:30 PM
With my luck, I'd have 2 sets of pipes show up the same day! :icon_frown:

im worried about that also, but I'll figure out how to handle that as the time approaches. At this point they're talking about the first week of October shipping. That is perfect timing to be to late for me, since i want them on the bike before I go to Biketoberfest. maybe they will come in sooner...

Schu3d
09-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Big St. Charles Motorsports in St. Louis area has a set in stock.

(636) 946-6487.

dgman2
09-12-2013, 11:48 PM

(636) 946-6487.

Thanks for the tip. I"ll call in the am. Maybe they will give me a decent price. Don't want to pay $899.00.:icon_biggrin:

dgman2
09-13-2013, 10:27 AM

(636) 946-6487.

Thanks a bunch for the tip :bowdown:. I called just a little while ago and have a set on the way. Not at the Phatperformance price, but still a great deal for a few bucks less than Wingstuff. So, I should have them on well before Biketoberfest along with my Speedohealer, :icon_lol:

dgman2
09-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Hello again,... any of you guys going to Biketoberfest? We could have a F6B Cobra orchestra in Daytona :icon_lol:

Steve 0080
09-13-2013, 05:21 PM
I'll be at the Cracker Barrel at the track at 9am on Fri !!!!!

dgman2
09-13-2013, 11:02 PM
I'll be at the Cracker Barrel at the track at 9am on Fri !!!!!

Okay. I'll be looking for you. Black deluxe, right? Same as mine.

Mustangjake
09-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Awesome ! looks way better than the drilled pipes.
PS: Mine are drilled + cut like yours

Steve 0080
09-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Yes, DGMAN2....I will probably have my trailer attached as well...

dgman2
09-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Just tracked my incoming pipes. I'm supposed to get them Tuesday afternoon...
That means ill have a different bike on Wednesday and ill be going to bike night on Thursday :icon_lol:

thunder217
09-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Has anyone seen the Black F6B with the Black Cobra Pipes installed and once the black pipe is installed I would suppose you still have the upper chrome sleeve to deal with being chrome. Does anyone know how this is going to look. I like the black but if we still will need to have the upper portion of the pipe to make black is it worth the black pipes. What are your thoughts. Any pictures out there. Ready to buy one of them. :icon_doh:

dgman2
09-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Has anyone seen the Black F6B with the Black Cobra Pipes installed and once the black pipe is installed I would suppose you still have the upper chrome sleeve to deal with being chrome. Does anyone know how this is going to look. I like the black but if we still will need to have the upper portion of the pipe to make black is it worth the black pipes. What are your thoughts. Any pictures out there. Ready to buy one of them. :icon_doh:

I was waiting for the black pipes and they're not available yet. Last I was told is maybe mid September. I called Cobra and asked about that heat shield you are referring to and did not get a definitive answer as to wether or not they would supply that. The person I talked to said that he would bring it up in their next meeting. Being tired of waiting, I just ordered the Chrome and hope I won't regret it later.

Steve 0080
09-16-2013, 05:27 PM
If and when they come out in Black...someone will buy the chrome ones off you...Polish before install and break them in for someone!!!!

thunder217
09-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the information. I just want to see what they look like. The Chrome ones do look good. I think I will pull the trigger on Tuesday and Call Cobra at the same time to ask about the front part of the pipe and if they will supply free (ha ha) or at an additional cost. Thanks again for the info. As we move closer to 3 and 3. :spank:

dgman2
09-18-2013, 12:20 AM
If and when they come out in Black...someone will buy the chrome ones off you...Polish before install and break them in for someone!!!!

Got them this pm before going to work. I'll have them and the speedohealer installed after work in the am. Can't wait to see and hear them and hope my speedohealer works as intended. I will take good care if them and keep the box in case I have to swap them for black later.

Steve 0080
09-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Chrome pipes came in today.... removed the Oringial Cobra's and installed the 6's... I down loaded a decibel meter and measured the original Cobra’s at 102 decibels….. I then installed the 6’s… same 102 decibels…with one difference….. the 6’s are reminiscent of the guttural sounds of the Devil from the Pit of Hell … U Tube video to follow……. I want to put some miles on them first…I will go out for a 100 mile ride tomorrow and then do a video !!!

dgman2
09-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Okay,... installations are done. Got the 6 2 6 pipes on and got speedohealer and gear indicator installed. Still need to calibrate the speedohealer values, but I'll do that once I have my Iphone holder installed so I can use the GPS function as an accurate reference.

I took it for a ride with the baffles in and it was much improved over stock and sounded very nice; I think that most people who like a little more growl would love it. The look and fit is not done justice by pics. I was worried, from seeing pics, that the chrome would look bombastic on the bike. That impression, I think, was because of the angle from which the pics I saw were taken. In reality, the setup looks lean because when you're standing up looking at the bike you don't see 3 pipes stacked. As was pointed out before, it looks really badass from the rear; this also is different than I've seen on pics. Simply put, the setup looks much better than you see on pics.

So, as I said, I took a test ride... I was not really exited about the results. The sound didn't give me the thrill that I remember getting from a valk with the triple Cobras years ago. So, out went the baffles and all hell broke loose when I cranked it :icon_biggrin: The sound is hard to describe, but it sure justified me spending the money; it is a very deeeep sinister idle that wakes up into a roaring sabertooth tiger when you twist the throttle. Actually, it would probably scare away a sabertooth tiger. Needless to say... I love it!! I'm sure most of my fellow wingers will not, but some of you probably would. As the cobra guy put it in their demo clip,... "these pipes are BADASS"

Mustangjake
09-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Make us a sound clip without the baffles! Please

Cool Hand Luke
09-18-2013, 08:24 PM

I second that! Soon, please!

dgman2
09-18-2013, 09:55 PM

Just got home from a night ride. The sound is not an issue for me around town or on the interstate. just sweet!
I'll try to post a clip tomorrow since I'm not sure how to do that of the top of my head, but I'll figure it out in the am.

bobbyf6b
09-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Great write up dgman2. I can't wait to hear that growl.

Steve, I can't wait to hear your comments too. I'm so jealous!

MichaelG
09-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Chrome pipes came in today.... removed the Oringial Cobra's and installed the 6's... I down loaded a decibel meter and measured the original Cobra’s at 102 decibels….. I then installed the 6’s… same 102 decibels…with one difference….. the 6’s are reminiscent of the guttural sounds of the Devil from the Pit of Hell … U Tube video to follow……. I want to puts some miles on them first…I will go out for a 100 mile ride tomorrow and then do a video !!!

Steve, what are you going to do with that first set of Cobra pipes ??????:icon_mrgreen:

I too am interested in the 6-2-6 pipes from Cobra, and very much appreciate those of you that are sending us the info firsthand. Thank you.

jakec
09-19-2013, 10:35 AM
I put the 626 pipes on my bike and actually the drone between 60 and 80 was to much for me. So I pulled the baffles and wrapped them in 1/2 in. muffler fiberglass and reinstalled. Much better for me.
Jakec

Steve 0080
09-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Went for a ride today..... Miles not sure, really like the new 6's so they may be for sale, ::: I did not experience any drone today and I rode about 125 miles, 40 in a down pour, 75 miles @ 75-80 mph, on the highway, the rest in town around Daytona...no issues with the pipes!!! Had two people yell " nice bike " . Getting ready to wash the road grime off now !!!

Sat for about an hour at Corbin, pricing the new smuggler and waiting for the rain to slack up...man the B.S. about why the seats are so hard !!!! LMAO !!! stopped by Ultimate....seat is about a month out.......

If I had to come up with a negative about the pipes I guess it would be, why did they not weld all three pipes on the collector....one is welded and the other two are on with clamps??? I assume for chroming.? I say they are worth it, depends on disposal income it they are worth it to you.....

F6B-RICH
09-19-2013, 03:25 PM
They look good Steve. I think they would look better if they stuck out the back more like your other pipes did.

Scotrod
09-19-2013, 08:23 PM
If I had to come up with a negative about the pipes I guess it would be, why did they not weld all three pipes on the collector....one is welded and the other two are on with clamps???

Virtually no access to the area(s) that need welds. 1st pipe is EZ, 2nd a pain, 3rd impossible.

bobbyf6b
09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the update Steve. I didn't know Corbin had stores. I've never seen one.

Phantom
09-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the update Steve. I didn't know Corbin had stores. I've never seen one.

Bobby, Corbin has the West Coast store and what you are seeing behind Steve's F6B is the 2nd Store in Daytona Beach Florida (East Coast Store)

Steve 0080
09-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the info....never thought of the welding part ......

The smuggler seat is a nice touch... Salesman at Corbin suggested the " asphalt " for the sides and a " Bomber jacket" black for the tops...it is a distressed leather and is very soft....

The smugglers of the past marred the paint to the point that once the seat was used on the bike it pretty much had to stay on to hide the marks.... just a thought...

The smuggler is a two or three piece unit not counting backrests..... you need the smuggler unit and a seat for the driver, and if you remove the smuggler unit you will need another seat for a passenger, or just go back to stock when two up.... Around $1400 will get you riding...

Has anyone purchased a smuggler unit to do a review??? The salesperson at Corbin stated, " we can't keep them on the shelf"...... and he did not have one in the store and said the are built to order...about 6 weeks delay...

I might do the smuggler for the " Look " but over all I am very happy with my Stock seat after a little modification...

Steve 0080
09-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Rich...I agree... but most don't like it as much as we do !!!

Bobby..... Yep two stores...and Ultimate has their seats made in Canada and shipped to Daytona and on-ward.... In Daytona they, Corbin has a call center type environment and when someone comes in that they have a seat for or one in stock for sale they also install and mail your seat home for you.... During Daytona Bikefest they will have a butt load of seats and 10% off sale as well.....

dgman2
09-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Went for a ride today..... Miles not sure, really like the new 6's so they may be for sale, ::: I did not experience any drone today and I rode about 125 miles, 40 in a down pour, 75 miles @ 75-80 mph, on the highway, the rest in town around Daytona...no issues with the pipes!!! Had two people yell " nice bike " . Getting ready to wash the road grime off now !!!

Sat for about an hour at Corbin, pricing the new smuggler and waiting for the rain to slack up...man the B.S. about why the seats are so hard !!!! LMAO !!! stopped by Ultimate....seat is about a month out.......

If I had to come up with a negative about the pipes I guess it would be, why did they not weld all three pipes on the collector....one is welded and the other two are on with clamps??? I assume for chroming.? I say they are worth it, depends on disposal income it they are worth it to you.....

Nice pics Steve. I also love your description of the idle... you nailed that one... it is that much better with the baffles out. I apologize for not having a clip posted yet, but I'll try again tomorrow. I had a very busy day today and do need to figure out how to do this. I know it is simple, but I just haven't done it before so it will take me a tad longer than necessary.

I dont know if this would make any sense, but for the short time I rode the bike with baffles in, it almost seems like drone might be worse with the baffles than without. Not that either is an issue IMO, but for those with more sensitive ears it might be. Even though there is more ambient noise behind you with baffles out, it seems like with the baffles in there is more vibration of the chocked up pipes, causing more/different vibration of the metal, sending sound waves up to your ears as opposed to out the back. I realize that this is a very primitive/none scientific way of describing it, but maybe it makes sense to some of you.

With my previous (2005) Goldwing, I had a Cobra system also. I removed those baffles and rode it to work and back only once (25 miles one way). I had to put them back in because they had my ears ringing; it was as if the sound found its way up the bottom of my bags and was sucked in between the trunk and the windshield straight into my helmet. With the baffles in, there was a drone that was just about tolerable for me, but possibly would not be for many others.

On the F6B none of this applies. These 6 2 6 pipes stick out a bit beyond the bags, expelling the sound out behind the bike. There is no wind turbulence from a back trunk to suck the noise back to the rider or channel it forward in any way. This again is my none technical way of explaining why I think there is no problem for the rider on this bike. At highway speeds there is really no issue as the sound is really blown back and away from you more forcefully. In town you can make it loud or actually relatively quiet by modulating your throttle.

Hope this helps those who are trying to decide.

Steve 0080
09-19-2013, 11:33 PM
dgman2...in order to put a sound clip on this board you will need to upload your video to U-Tube and then copy and past the URL on the board... pretty easy...if you have a smart phone and do the Vid on that phone there should be an apt to up load directly to U-Tube

Thanks,,,,,, I will wait and hear yours before pulling the baffles on mine...just to save me from reinventing the wheel.....

dgman2
09-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the tips Steve.

Below, is the link to a quick sample video I made this evening. I will post a better video later when I have another pair of hands.

http://youtu.be/CwEjHKBlgv0

bobbyf6b
09-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the tips Steve.

Below, is the link to a quick sample video I made this evening. I will post a better video later when I have another pair of hands.

Wow, sounds GREAT! Is that with the baffles removed?

Scotrod
09-21-2013, 08:25 PM
OLE CHIT! That DOES sound rather rambunctious!!! :icon_biggrin:
Sounds way better than I thought it would!!!:yes:

dgman2
09-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Wow, sounds GREAT! Is that with the baffles removed?

Yes, that is with baffles removed. I apologize for not getting this posted earlier and for not posting a more comprehensive clip, but I got in a bind for time and needed some help to do a take off and drive by. To make matters worse, its been raining tigers and bears here. The video clip does give you an idea of the sound, but it actually sounds much better in person.

Richie
09-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Are the baffles easy to remove and replace? It would be great if they could just be changed back at will.

Richie

dgman2
09-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Are the baffles easy to remove and replace? It would be great if they could just be changed back at will.

Richie

Yes, Just one screw each. They can be replaced and removed again anytime.

Steve 0080
09-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Interesting...... sounds like mine with the baffles in.....I will try to post a video Sun..... baffels in.....

dgman2
09-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Interesting...... sounds like mine with thInteresting......I will try to post a video Sun..... baffels in.....

And that is true. It sounds very much the same as it does with the baffles in, except for the fact that it is much louder. The deep sound are also deeper and more potent sounding at idle. Also, keep in mind that, as I said before, the sound you're hearing on the clip is not exactly what you will hear in person.

Steve 0080
09-22-2013, 03:32 PM
As I said I would I did make a Video today .... I had my wife follow me in the car and had my son lean out the window to capture the sound of the 6's .... picture came out great but could not hear the pipes over the wind noise.... I am now sitting hear thinking of removing the baffles to hear what that sounds like.....

bobbyf6b
09-22-2013, 04:53 PM
As I said I would I did make a Video today .... I had my wife follow me in the car and had my son lean out the window to capture the sound of the 6's .... picture came out great but could not hear the pipes over the wind noise.... I am now sitting hear thinking of removing the baffles to hear what that sounds like.....

What if your wife or son held the camera while riding on the back with you? Maybe hold the camera behind them, or strap the camera to the rack or seat post.

dgman2
09-22-2013, 09:03 PM

Rode my bike to work tonight, since the rain stopped today. The sound is not an issue for me, but I can see a possibility of hearing a drone with a taller shield. I still have my stock shield.

It might be simpler for you to just pull the baffles; it's only 1 screw per baffle. Make sure your pipes are cold. They don't come out easily if they are hot or warm. I labeled mine so they will go back where they came from if I choose to put them back in, even though they are all the same.

By the way, the speedo healer does its job well! Yeeehaw to that!!

BillyDaFinn
09-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Has anyone purchased a smuggler unit to do a review??? The salesperson at Corbin stated, " we can't keep them on the shelf"...... and he did not have one in the store and said the are built to order...about 6 weeks delay...

I might do the smuggler for the " Look " but over all I am very happy with my Stock seat after a little modification...

I ordered the smuggler seat/trunk about 4 weeks ago, so I'm about 2 weeks out. Once I get it and get a few miles in the saddle I'll post a review. I'm having them reshape the front of the saddle so I can can both feet flat footed on the ground......darned 28" in-seam.

Steve 0080
09-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks Billy!!! It is a nice looking combo!!!

Steve 0080
09-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Bobby... I will pull the baffles and tie the phone to the bike and go for a ride.... maybe wed!!!

Coyote1998
09-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Have any of you guys removed the cats?

bobbyf6b
09-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Bobby... I will pull the baffles and tie the phone to the bike and go for a ride.... maybe wed!!!

Cool Steve. I hope you're not just doing it for us though. :icon_cool:

dgman2
09-22-2013, 11:04 PM

Steve, did you miss my response to your post?

Steve 0080
09-22-2013, 11:33 PM
No I read it...made me want to remove the baffles..... I was just trying to get a clear sound of the pipes for those on the fence...

No Cats are still on...

dgman2
09-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Have any of you guys removed the cats?

I dd not remove cats and would not do that... As much as I like loud, for me it's loud enough with the baffles pulled. In addition, pulling the cats will probably mess with your gas mileage and will emit stinky exhaust gasses. The quality of your sound might be effected also and may be raspy... Don't know for sure, but I think you would not easily find someone wanting more once they hear the cobras without baffles.

dgman2
09-23-2013, 09:27 AM
No I read it...made me want to remove the baffles..... I was just trying to get a clear sound of the pipes for those on the fence...

No Cats are still on...

Just a quick note before I go to sleep. On my way to work, I was mostly preoccupied with testing my speedo healer and missed something I need to share. On the way home I paid closer attention to the sound of the pipes and there is a drone at lower speeds. At 70mph and lower, when maintaining a set speed and when accelerating in 5th from those speeds it's there. As you go faster it goes away. At 80 it's gone and it stays gone from there on.

This might be an issue for some of you and you might be happier with the baffles in. I guess it is one of those things you will have to judge individually.

bobbyf6b
09-25-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm trying to imagine this "drone" thing. Is it noise while wearing a helmet or does that matter? I guess it's like some vibrating humming sound or something? I guess I've never had it before.

dgman2
09-25-2013, 02:26 AM
I'm trying to imagine this "drone" thing. Is it noise while wearing a helmet or does that matter? I guess it's like some vibrating humming sound or something? I guess I've never had it before.

I don't know if it would be an issue without a helmet and a stock shield, but it might be with a tall shield. I guess a humming sound would be another way to describe what I refer to as a drone. It can also be heard when installing certain aftermarket exhausts in certain cars (headers and/or cat backs). It will be experienced differently by different people, so you really won't know if its an issue for you until you judge for yourself; in other words, it is very subjective.

jakec
09-25-2013, 09:29 AM
On my bike when it had the baffles in the drone was bad between 55 and 80. Having a helmet on made it worse since the wind noise is quieter. On acceleration or deceleration there isn't any problem. At idle or riding around town the pipes sound great. It's just at a constant highway speed the sound is a steady drone that is uncomfortable to the ears. It,s not loud, just the tone. I tried without the baffles but I found this to be to loud to myself and to the people in the vicinity so I wrapped the baffles in fiberglass [glasspacks] and this seemed to help considerbly.I will try this for awhile and if I'm not happy then I will put the stockers back on and sell these
Jakec

bobbyf6b
09-25-2013, 11:33 AM
I happened to get behind a Valkyrie Interstate this morning on the freeway and he had 626 pipes on. I'm guessing Cobra's but not sure. It sounded really good. Kinda quiet just cruising but loud (not too loud) when he gassed on it. I can't wait to get some.

If anyone wants to sell theirs, please send me a PM!

chipmaker
09-25-2013, 12:30 PM
On my bike when it had the baffles in the drone was bad between 55 and 80. Having a helmet on made it worse since the wind noise is quieter. On acceleration or deceleration there isn't any problem. At idle or riding around town the pipes sound great. It's just at a constant highway speed the sound is a steady drone that is uncomfortable to the ears. It,s not loud, just the tone. I tried without the baffles but I found this to be to loud to myself and to the people in the vicinity so I wrapped the baffles in fiberglass [glasspacks] and this seemed to help considerbly.I will try this for awhile and if I'm not happy then I will put the stockers back on and sell these
Jakec
My camaro exhaust drones and it sucks!!! Guess I'll wait to hear these in person.

Scotrod
09-25-2013, 12:34 PM

Typically, you'll notice the exhaust sound is amplified beyond 'normal' at a certain rpm/engine load.

A definite 'loud spot' in the overall engine/exhaust system, but it's not there above or below a certain rpm/engine load.

If that spot is in your normal cruising zone it can be annoying as heck!

Try this for an example. While humming, put your hands flat over both ears, then remove. Notice the difference? Now pretend that humming is your exhaust. Drone is similar to when you have your hands over your ears, and 'the rest of the rpm range/engine load' is basically like not having your hands over your ears.

(Don't let your co-workers see you testing this out, they may start to wonder about ya! LOL!)

jakec
09-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Scotrod, that was a great explanation and Chipmaker you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Jakec

Steve 0080
09-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Bobby have you ever ridden behind someone and after a while start to get a headache or wonder why your head is throbbing??? That is " drone" for some reason mine don't have it?

Scotrod
09-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Scotrod, that was a great explanation and Chipmaker you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Jakec

Thnx!

It's not just a set of pipes that are 'loud' as much as it is a certain rpm/engine load sound through an exhaust that creates or fails to cancel a 'resonance' of sorts that's noticeable louder than the same engine load at a slightly higher or lower rpm.

Gradual acceleration sound level = "mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm,,,"

(Only try the humming/hands over ears trick when no ones looking! LOL!)

The MagnaFlow muff's the wife has on her '11 V-6 Mustang drone REAL bad when taking off 'normal/gently' from a stop,,, Make the dayum floorboards / console vibrate till she gets it above 2k+ rpm,, :no: Quiets down to 'normal' MagnaFlow levels after that:

"mMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,"

(She thinks the drone sounds like 'power', :icon_lol: )

As long as she's happy, and I don't have to drive it,,,, :yes:

bobbyf6b
09-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Bobby have you ever ridden behind someone and after a while start to get a headache or wonder why your head is throbbing??? That is " drone" for some reason mine don't have it?

Yes, on every HOG (Harley Owner's Group) ride! :icon_lol: I've been on and around many loud bikes but they never annoyed me like this drone thing. Sounds annoying.

CobraUSA
09-26-2013, 10:48 AM

It looks great! I'm glad to see you're happy with them, and apologize for the long wait. We had to reengineer how the exhaust went together, as well as get the baffles perfect. I personally tested 12 different sets of baffles so that we could get the sound nice and deep, but with minimal drone. For those of you who want it loud like the old Valk 6 shooter, just take the baffles out! As for black...Those are in production as we speak and expect a ship date of Mid October, possibly earlier. They will be Ceramic coated matte black, the same coating we use on all of our other black exhaust systems. There is a possibility that we will make an optional black front shield, but as of right now there is not one in production.

If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to PM me!

Thanks

CobraUSA
09-26-2013, 11:01 AM

You pretty much nailed it on that. We originally had all 3 welded together, but it was impossible to get in the crevice and polish the metal before plating. So it was either have one pipe install with a slip joint, or have some crappy looking plating on the inside.

CobraUSA
09-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Thnx!

It's not just a set of pipes that are 'loud' as much as it is a certain rpm/engine load sound through an exhaust that creates or fails to cancel a 'resonance' of sorts that's noticeable louder than the same engine load at a slightly higher or lower rpm.

Gradual acceleration sound level = "mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm,,,"

(Only try the humming/hands over ears trick when no ones looking! LOL!)

The MagnaFlow muff's the wife has on her '11 V-6 Mustang drone REAL bad when taking off 'normal/gently' from a stop,,, Make the dayum floorboards / console vibrate till she gets it above 2k+ rpm,, :no: Quiets down to 'normal' MagnaFlow levels after that:

"mMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,"

(She thinks the drone sounds like 'power', :icon_lol: )

As long as she's happy, and I don't have to drive it,,,, :yes:

Yep. And some people are more sensitive to drone than others. It also depends on how you ride your bike. Do you get on the gas hard and rev it, or do you do nice easy/slow shifts? People who do the slow revving tend to be bothered by drone more than those who rev the bike and shift at higher RPM's, because if there is a spot in the RPM range that just totally sucks, they are stuck in that area longer....and then you have a headache :icon_wink:

Richie
09-27-2013, 08:57 AM
I did want a set of 626 pipes but after all the talk of the drone, i'm a little worried. A lot of my riding is in the range of 60 mph. i do want a better sound but not at the expense of losing my better half as a rider. I'm on the edge.

Richie

jakec
09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Cobra USA, why don't you offer a quiet baffle like you do for some of your other pipes? By the way, they are the nicest looking pipes made.
Jakec

CruiserCustomizing
09-27-2013, 06:46 PM
The Cobra slip-ons are a great addition to the F6B. They look and sound awesome and will definitely bring out more of the bikes true potential. A K&N Air Filter and a set of Torq Loopz will bring it even closer to max muscle power. The Torq Loopz are not legal for road use, but are one of the easiest ways to improve power output.

Mustangjake
09-30-2013, 05:04 PM
I cut my tips drilled 5 1/2 holes I don't notice any drone .
My Cobra 6into 6 should be here tomorrow 10/01.

I couldn't find any Torq Loopz so may or may not get them 1day.

Mustangjake
10-02-2013, 09:00 PM
My Cobras are a no show now says 10/13 shipping date

thunder217
10-03-2013, 08:11 AM
My Cobras are in the mail the cost has finally hit my account. From Cali is should take about 7 days can't wait. My baby is waiting for her new items. :yes::clap2:

kjelders
10-03-2013, 09:12 AM
My baby is waiting for her new items. :yes::clap2:

So what did you get for your wife? :icon_mrgreen:

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-05-2013, 09:08 PM

has anyone removed the baffles on the Cobra 6-2-6 exhaust? I love the look and improved sound but I wonder if there is more to be had from these beauties. Btw, I think they are lighter than the OEM exhausts, but I haven't measured this.

Thanks,

D

jakec
10-06-2013, 09:17 AM
D, I felt the same way you did , I also thought the Cobras were lighter then I weighed them. Stock were 21 LBS Cobra were 30LBS. I was surprised. I also tested them with and without baffles and either way the bike would hit the speed limiter faster with the stock mufflers. But I don't really need to run 126 very often and I love the way the Cobras look from the rear, I get many compliments on them. As I posted before I ended wrapping the baffles with fiberglass and I really like the sound of them now without being to loud. Sound is very subjective, everyone is different.
Jakec

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-06-2013, 11:13 AM
I have a couple hundred miles on the Cobras and love the look. The sound is improved over stock too, but I am wondering what they sound like without baffles? Anyone popped them out yet? I am thinking to change the air cleaner too just incase the reduced back pressure now wants more volume coming in so if anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it.

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-06-2013, 11:19 AM
D, I felt the same way you did , I also thought the Cobras were lighter then I weighed them. Stock were 21 LBS Cobra were 30LBS. I was surprised. I also tested them with and without baffles and either way the bike would hit the speed limiter faster with the stock mufflers. But I don't really need to run 126 very often and I love the way the Cobras look from the rear, I get many compliments on them. As I posted before I ended wrapping the baffles with fiberglass and I really like the sound of them now without being to loud. Sound is very subjective, everyone is different.
Jakec

Thanks Jafec. Did you reset the computer by disconnecting the battery or just let it do it on its own? Air cleaner change too?

Thx.

jakec
10-06-2013, 11:58 AM
D, I just started it up cold and never touched the throttle until the fans kick in. That suppost to do a reset. I never changed the air filter because I don't believe you can gain much because you can't adjust the ECM. I heard Power Commander has came out with an ECM for the Goldwing, if this is true I'll wait and see how the results are.
Jakec

bobbyf6b
10-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I have a couple hundred miles on the Cobras and love the look. The sound is improved over stock too, but I am wondering what they sound like without baffles? Anyone popped them out yet? I am thinking to change the air cleaner too just incase the reduced back pressure now wants more volume coming in so if anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it.

Go back to message #70 in this thread. There's a video of the pipes without baffles.

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Yes, thank you very much! :yes:
Thanks to you all who had the guts to pull the baffles out of the Cobra 6-2-6 pipes, but you really need to tell people how awesome the sound is when you do it. I listened to the very nice video recordings available and read the descriptions but these don't prepare you for the real thing--which is what one poster said and I could not agree more. The sound is louder, deeper and much more aggressive. It makes the bike into a whole new animal even if it does not improve the performance in terms of acceleration. The sound and power that is hidden behind the baffles is liberated in a huge, thundering murmur at idle that just gets raw and mean when you rev it up. I don't miss my Harleys at all now that my bike sounds just as bad but runs smoother, faster and hopefully for a lot longer.

CobraUSA
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for the late response - I just got back in town.

Those of you asking about drone; It's something that I made sure was as minimal as possible, without negatively affecting the performance of the bike. I think the sound is just about perfect with baffles in...but it's all personal preference!

With baffles removed, the your bike will sound insane! To me it sounds like a Porsche race car with a catless exhaust, just awesome! But, I'm assuming most customers don't want to have an extremely loud F6B, so we decided to install removable baffles. This way (hopefully) everyone is happy! :icon_wink:

For those of you who have already received your systems, I really appreciate all of the positive input. This is a fantastic forum!

Thanks,
Dustin

Mustangjake
10-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Was told today that my Cobra pipes are on the way!
It's funny how A set of muffler's can make you happy!

CobraUSA
10-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Was told today that my Cobra pipes are on the way!
It's funny how A set of muffler's can make you happy!

:icon_mrgreen::icon_wink::clap2::cheers:

kjelders
10-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Wingstuff.com has the 6-2-6 on sale for $679. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger.

CobraUSA
10-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Wingstuff.com has the 6-2-6 on sale for $679. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger.

Do it! And please post pics! I need some good pictures to use on our Facebook page!

Thanks,
Dustin

kjelders
10-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Do it! And please post pics! I need some good pictures to use on our Facebook page!

Thanks,
Dustin

I got-r-done. Ordered just now.

Miles, you are next to order them!

Mustangjake
10-09-2013, 12:35 PM
I mite even wash my bike so u can use the pictures !
Mine should be here Friday

kjelders
10-09-2013, 12:46 PM
How many sold their stock exhaust tips and for how much did you sell them for?

thunder217
10-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Just received my pipes about 5 o'clock yesterday and had them both installed by 5:45 and was ona ride. I love the pipes, they do seem to make the bike perfome better in all of the gears. It may just be the additional noise but I doubt it. Sorry no sound clips, and non of the sound clips that I heard did these pipes justice. They are a great looker and sounder all in one. These put our bikes apart from others. Sound and Performance. :bowdown::icon_lol:

CobraUSA
10-09-2013, 02:35 PM
I mite even wash my bike so u can use the pictures !
Mine should be here Friday

haha please do!

CobraUSA
10-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Just received my pipes about 5 o'clock yesterday and had them both installed by 5:45 and was ona ride. I love the pipes, they do seem to make the bike perfome better in all of the gears. It may just be the additional noise but I doubt it. Sorry no sound clips, and non of the sound clips that I heard did these pipes justice. They are a great looker and sounder all in one. These put our bikes apart from others. Sound and Performance. :bowdown::icon_lol:

Glad you're enjoying it! Send me some pics :)

bobbyf6b
10-09-2013, 11:19 PM

That's good to hear Thunder, because I know you were wondering if they were worth the $$$. I guess it's my turn to order some. :biggthumpup:

F6B-RICH
10-09-2013, 11:27 PM

I got $225 on Ebay.If you type in F6B stock exhaust tips on Ebay and go into sold listings you will see mine I sold.Was $250 or BO

kjelders
10-10-2013, 08:46 AM
I got $225 on Ebay.If you type in F6B stock exhaust tips on Ebay and go into sold listings you will see mine I sold.Was $250 or BO

Thanks for the info. I will have mine for sale when I get the Cobra's exhaust. I received a notice from Wingstuff today of a 3-5 days delay on shipping the 6-2-6.

kjelders
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Are there any "tips", "tricks", or "watch out for" for installation, or is it straight forward?

Texas TC
10-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Going rate is $200-$250 a set. I posted mine on the Goldwing forum and the sale went quickly and without issue.

hiflyer
10-10-2013, 10:44 PM
This may sound strange to many, I actually like the looks and sound of the stock pipes. I've had all the "loud" I want. To each his own, not an attempt to be critical, just saying what works for me.

BillyDaFinn
10-10-2013, 11:13 PM
This may sound strange to many, I actually like the looks and sound of the stock pipes. I've had all the "loud" I want. To each his own, not an attempt to be critical, just saying what works for me.

Your not alone, I had loud pipes on my softail, won't name the brand. I'm sort of enjoying being stealth, I know my neighbors appreciate it. I wouldn't mind having black pipes tho......

gray rider
10-11-2013, 08:33 PM
About six weeks ago at 1:15 a.m. my doorbell was ringing. My animals went nuts so I went to the door and found my elderly neighbor (defined as older than me) red faced and angry waiting for me. He said he was fed up with me coming home at all hours of the night on my "devil machines" disturbing his wife who has a heart condition. First off, I had been asleep for at least two hours, second, I almost never ride at night (too many deer) and finally, all my bikes have quiet exhaust. I told him this and he insisted that it was me because I have bikes and live too close to him. I took him out to my shop and told him to point out what bike he thought I was riding in my sleep. He said, how the hell would I know that! Well, which one is hot! He examined each of my seven motorcycles, carefully touching each engine and exhaust, all of which were cold. No apology. He left in a huff. Thankfully, my bikes are quiet. The neighbor now, quite often, stands in his driveway and glowers at me as I ride in and out. My F6B makes less noise than his pickup truck, go figure--- I don't know what he and his wife are hearing at night I just know it's not me. So if he sics the local constabulary on me I'll start all seven bikes at once and see if that satisfies anyone. No Cobras for me!

Mustangjake
10-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Warning to lite sleepers !!!
My Cobras arrived today & they are on !!!
Pictures at 11 ? Or after I wash it !

Scotrod
10-11-2013, 09:50 PM
That sucks Gray! :banghead:
I am pretty happy with the OEM pipes. Might be a touch 'quiet' but not complaining by any measure.

YODA
10-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Beautiful! Awesome!

choptop
10-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Your not alone, I had loud pipes on my softail, won't name the brand. I'm sort of enjoying being stealth, I know my neighbors appreciate it. I wouldn't mind having black pipes tho......

I know what you guys mean, I have a Charger Hemi, I know everybody is putting on the loud exhaust, and I like the sound, but I can get on my car, which I like to do a lot, and it sounds good to me, inside the car, and nobody really notices other than seeing this low black car taking off fast. I will make the decision on the pipes when I get an F6b.

Steve 0080
10-13-2013, 10:54 AM
kjelders...no issues, just remove two bolts...transfer the little black cover or tips from the stock to the aftermarket...hold your mouth just right and they will slide right on... you can tweak the bits that slide into the cover if you can't get them in on the second or third try...

I have two sets of cobra pipes and they both put out only 102 decibels .... did not have tool to check stock....if anyone has a I Phone you can down load a app and check and report to the board ? They are not loud !!!

opas ride
10-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Had my bike 4 days now with the dealer installed Cobras...Love them except for a somewhat nauseas drone at 60-75mph...Anyone else experience this or is it normal??

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you very much for your posts, pics, and video; Very nice job. The pipes sound very nice. They are a great improvement over stock for sure. I can't wait to hear them in person with and without baffles installed. Sounds like they might be every bit as badass as the valkyrie with the 6 into 6 pipes without baffles. It seems like this might be a somewhat deeper sound. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the black ones :icon_frown:

The new Cobras do sound awesome w/o baffles and look great in chrome on an otherwise all black bike. I look forward to seeing the black version too but the chrome ones get a lot of attention and once you remove the baffles are probably lighter than stock...now what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
favorite new bike?

Scotrod
10-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Had my bike 4 days now with the dealer installed Cobras...Love them except for a somewhat nauseas drone at 60-75mph...Anyone else experience this or is it normal??

After reading some of the posts in this same thread, I'd say "yes' and 'somewhat normal for these pipes" (I'm running OEM)

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-13-2013, 11:55 AM

The Cobras are definitely louder at all speeds w/o the baffles so I just wear ear plugs, which is a good idea in general. I also swapped out my windscreen for the super small opaque one so there is more wind noise around the helmet which the ear plugs also cut significantly.

Scotrod
10-13-2013, 11:56 AM
what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
favorite new bike?

I'd save 'em for several reasons. Nothing in life is permanent, including what you think sounds good or how loud you feel something should be.

Some sell the OEM tips to Wing riders.

Actually read this just a few minutes ago on another forum: I have a 2012 Gold Wing. Would like to buy a set of tips from a F6. 256.820.3348

flyboy
10-13-2013, 07:36 PM
The Cobras are definitely louder at all speeds w/o the baffles so I just wear ear plugs, which is a good idea in general. I also swapped out my windscreen for the super small opaque one so there is more wind noise around the helmet which the ear plugs also cut significantly.

Try wearing a different helmet and see if noise changes...it doesn't make sense to me but mine is quieter with a cheap half helmet than a new Arai XC 3/4 helmet. Maybe has something to do with reduced wind noise with better helmet, so louder exhaust sound???

Mustangjake
10-13-2013, 07:49 PM
mine are on 238 miles today awesome!

opas ride
10-14-2013, 09:00 AM
I think the answer is partially due to the type of helmet for whatever reason as stated above...I have a 3/4 HJC with face shield and if I pull up the face shield the drone seems to be less noticeable..It may also have something to do with the Baggershield being taller than stock or ??..I love the pipes so hopefully I can find a workable solution....Thanks

kjelders
10-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Just checked on my order for the 6-to-6 with Wingstuff. They won't have anymore until sometime in November. Anyone know of another vendor who have them in stock and ready to ship?

Mustangjake
10-14-2013, 04:53 PM
I have a 1/2 helmet and a Goldwing plus 4 windshield I cut down to 18 inches, i have no problem at all !

dgman2
10-14-2013, 07:41 PM

There is a drone at those speeds and it gets MUCH better at 80mph. I rarely travel at a set speed for long and actually enjoy the music my pipes make (unbaffled). I had the same issue on my 2005 goldwing with Cobra pipes and had to keep the baffles in with that one. I don't know if it was a different pitch or if I'm harder of hearing now, but that one was to loud with the baffles out... this one is awesome with my new pipes.

dgman2
10-14-2013, 07:52 PM
The new Cobras do sound awesome w/o baffles and look great in chrome on an otherwise all black bike. I look forward to seeing the black version too but the chrome ones get a lot of attention and once you remove the baffles are probably lighter than stock...now what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
favorite new bike?

I think your are right about the chrome pipes. I got impatient waiting for the black ones and love the chrome now that I have them. If I see the black ones on a black bike and like them better, I can always change. I think the black bike will look leaner from the side with chrome pipes since they clearly draw a visual line at the bottom of the bags; the black pipes might not do that, causing the bike to look fat/bulky from the side. Of course this might not be the case at all. We won't know for sure until we see it on person.

kjelders
10-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I received my FedEx tracking email today. My Cobras will be here Sat. I guess Wingstuff was able to get some in. I don't have to wait until November.

CobraUSA
10-18-2013, 03:26 PM
I received my FedEx tracking email today. My Cobras will be here Sat. I guess Wingstuff was able to get some in. I don't have to wait until November.

Good! Can't wait to hear what you think of them.

kjelders
10-18-2013, 03:55 PM
My plan before and after install, is to video the sound of stock exhaust at idle as well as the approaching and fading sound of the exhaust in a.....yes.....a drive by.:068: :icon_lol: And then do the same again after I install the Cobra 6 into 6. I plan on installing the Cobra's without the baffles.

ranger
10-26-2013, 01:30 PM
http://youtu.be/LDv8jwc_yTU

The video does not do it justice. The sound is so much more crisp and deep with the Cobra pipes. The Drone at hwy speed is 10 times less now vs the drilled exhaust. I am a very happy camper. Both Cobra and the Dealer recommend leaving the baffles in, so that is what I will do. It is plenty loud for me and the sound is fantastic.
I first saw these in an ad that was emailed to me after browsing online for pipes for my new F6B. This video is excellent and seals the deal for me, I was sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not to buy these pipes, no more, getting them ASAP. Thanks for the video.

KenSk8Man
11-04-2013, 01:48 PM
I just bought an F6B on Saturday, and the dealer had installed a set of the 626's. I gotta tell you, they look and sound HOT...until you get in the Rider seat. I'm not sure if you call it Drone, Resonance, Buffeting, whatever, it seemed I couldn't find a comfortable RPM range to ride in. After 2 hrs of combined city/Hwy riding, my ears were hurting. I mean, it was painful to ride. I wear a half helmet, and I'm coming off a Harley, and I don't EVER remember not enjoying the ride. But one of the guys was equating it to riding directly behind a Harley, and I have to agree with that.

The Dealer also installed the wing windshield with the vent. I spoke to the folks at COBRA, I figured, since they make the baffles themselves, they might offer a replacement baffle with different characteristics (not a chance).

These pipes look pretty awesome, and I've only ridden it a few hours, but I'd hate to just go back to stock without exhausting all possibilities (pardon the pun).

I PM'd a few of you guys who indicate a similar opinion to get some advice on your potential fixes.

Barring any solutions, I suspect I will just install the stock pipes and play it out.

bobbyf6b
11-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I'll trade ya my stock ones! :icon_mrgreen:

I just bought an F6B on Saturday, and the dealer had installed a set of the 626's. I gotta tell you, they look and sound HOT...until you get in the Rider seat. I'm not sure if you call it Drone, Resonance, Buffeting, whatever, it seemed I couldn't find a comfortable RPM range to ride in. After 2 hrs of combined city/Hwy riding, my ears were hurting. I mean, it was painful to ride. I wear a half helmet, and I'm coming off a Harley, and I don't EVER remember not enjoying the ride. But one of the guys was equating it to riding directly behind a Harley, and I have to agree with that.

The Dealer also installed the wing windshield with the vent. I spoke to the folks at COBRA, I figured, since they make the baffles themselves, they might offer a replacement baffle with different characteristics (not a chance).

These pipes look pretty awesome, and I've only ridden it a few hours, but I'd hate to just go back to stock without exhausting all possibilities (pardon the pun).

I PM'd a few of you guys who indicate a similar opinion to get some advice on your potential fixes.

Barring any solutions, I suspect I will just install the stock pipes and play it out.

opas ride
11-04-2013, 05:13 PM
This is a response to kenSk8man regarding the Cobra 626 pipes...I did not remove the baffles from my pipes, sorry for any mis-information..I agree with your issues as mine are the same...The drone, pitch, or the nauseating sound that comes from these pipes is a problem for me and others as you know...I wear a 3/4 HJC helmet with face shield and with the shield down on the highway the drone can drive me nuts..If I flip up the face shield it helps somewhat to soften the sound...Some have told me it is the turbulence created by the Baggershield windshield, others said to buy a 1/2 helmet..I have issues with eye allergies and need the face protection to reduce the wind in my face and do not like goggles over my eyes...I contacted Cobra via-e-mail with my concerns and never got a reply....I have not a had a chance to ride much due to bad weather in Michigan, but if I cannot find a workable solution next spring, I will sell the pipes and go back to the stockers.....I had a Valkyrie with 6 into 6 pipes from Cobra, but these were different and sounded much better at all speeds. As you said they look great and sound great at low speeds, and in traffic when you change speeds, but on the highway between 60-75 mph they can drive one nuts!!!!!....Hope we can find an answer as I really like the pipes and hate to "ditch them"...but, my ears and my hearing is far more important at my age than pipes.....Regards, Opas ride

Mustangjake
11-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I have a half helmet. And 17 inch windshield and I have no issues with my cobra pipes.
I would probably take the baffles out if my wife wouldn't complain.

jakec
11-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Opas Ride, I agree with you 100%, I hope someone does a review on the Mustang seat, I'm tired of spending a lot of money and getting junk.
Jakec

Scotrod
11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Trouble is, one mans junk is another mans treasure! :icon_wink:

I'm looking at the V + H Monsters,,, just looking,,, They are chamber muff's instead of the old school 'tube with a baffle in it',,,

Pretty pricey,,, Believe I'll stay with OEM for now,,,

Mustangjake
11-04-2013, 09:21 PM
You can pull out the baffles and wrap them with muffler glass packing . Should quit it down .

jakec
11-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I have the baffles wrapped with fiberglass, it helped but not enough, I still have to wear ear plugs when running at 55to75. I am considering putting a baffle in each side before the six pipes otherwise is anybody looking to buy some cobra 626 pipes?
Jakec

MichaelG
11-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Jake, how much do you want for those Cobra 6-2-6 pipes ? You can send me a PM if you want. :shhh:

Mustangjake
11-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I am sorry u dont like them! i guess 45 years of Drag racing is still in my blood i think there are to quiet :icon_doh:

jakec
11-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Miles, I would take $550.00 Shipped. The baffles are wrapped with fiberglass so I don't know how hard it would be to remove the baffles. The pipes have about 400 mi. on them. There is a slight wavy imperfection in the left rear. They came from the factory like this but it is so slight it won't show up in a picture. No one other then me has noticed this. If you buy them and you don't like them send them back [you pay freight] and I'll give you your money back.
Jakec

MichaelG
11-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Jake, thank you for the info, and the price, but I think for that price I will either buy new ones...for $ 109.00 more (that includes shipping), or I will buy the Torqmaster Daytona pipes.

And Jake, since you are not 100% happy with them, and...as you say, they do have a slight wavy imperfection on them, go ahead and let your supplier know, and send them back for a full refund.

Thanks though,

Miles

KenSk8Man
11-07-2013, 06:06 PM
This weekend I'm going to pull one Baffle out of each side. It's quite possible this could generate some sound characteristics which could cancel or change resonance. Maybe left side lower, right side upper, left inner, right outer, etc. More likely than not, my scoot will be dressed in an OEM exhaust outfit by Monday. My next post could be in the Merchandise For Sale Forum :-}

MichaelG
11-07-2013, 06:33 PM
This past Monday I had the fortune and opportunity to ride kdelders bike (kevin), and he has a very good tone to his Cobra 6-2-6 pipes. He has baffles in 2 pipes on each side, and the one pipes that does NOT have the baffle in it...on each side...is the longest pipe. So, look at your pipes...find the one that is longest on each side, remove the baffle from that ONE...on each side, and the sound is pretty darn good.

opas ride
11-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Is this a good idea???Seems to me it would present uneven back pressure issues in the engine exhaust system and could lead to motor/valve issues down the road...I am no mechanic , but maybe someone should question this issue with Cobra exhaust people...I would love the nasty drone to go away with my 6-2-6 pipes and will probably go back to stock this next spring if no one can fine a solution..Running without baffles is way to loud for me...I will plan to call Cobra tomorrow and ask the question of one baffle out on each side and see what they say......

MichaelG
11-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Is this a good idea???Seems to me it would present uneven back pressure issues in the engine exhaust system and could lead to motor/valve issues down the road...I am no mechanic , but maybe someone should question this issue with Cobra exhaust people...I would love the nasty drone to go away with my 6-2-6 pipes and will probably go back to stock this next spring if no one can fine a solution..Running without baffles is way to loud for me...I will plan to call Cobra tomorrow and ask the question of one baffle out on each side and see what they say......

Please understand that it is with great respect...for a 74 year old rider...that I address this and say that there will be NO problem in removing one, two, or all three baffles, to get the coorect level of sound...lack of drone...for your bike. The baffles are located far down stream of the exhaust collecvtor, which in itself is down stream of the header-pipes, which have the O2 sensor in them. If we were talking about altering a header pipe, or dumping the exhaust by way of a header pipe, then that would relate to your concerns. But given how far down stream the baffles are, in relation to the engine and valves, there will be no problems here.

opas ride
11-07-2013, 11:10 PM
How does one remove these baffles??? As noted I have been riding for many years, some bikes with stock pipes, some without, but never had this nauseating drone sound before. Don't remember if my Valkyrie Cobra pipes had baffles or not, but they were straight 6 into 6, not like the current ones for the F6B. I really like the looks of these pipes and the sound is okay when the speeds are under 50 or so, but as said by some at freeway speeds, they can really get obnoxious. I might try the baffle thing if not a big deal, otherwise I will wait until spring and have the dealer do it, or return to the stockers unless I get used to the drone by next spring.....Thanks for the response

kjelders
11-08-2013, 10:04 AM
How does one remove these baffles??? As noted I have been riding for many years, some bikes with stock pipes, some without, but never had this nauseating drone sound before. Don't remember if my Valkyrie Cobra pipes had baffles or not, but they were straight 6 into 6, not like the current ones for the F6B. I really like the looks of these pipes and the sound is okay when the speeds are under 50 or so, but as said by some at freeway speeds, they can really get obnoxious. I might try the baffle thing if not a big deal, otherwise I will wait until spring and have the dealer do it, or return to the stockers unless I get used to the drone by next spring.....Thanks for the response

Removing the baffles is really easy. It's one screw, reach in the end of the pipe with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the baffle out.

opas ride
11-08-2013, 01:57 PM
I talked with Mike at Cobra this afternoon and he assured me they are going to look into the drone issue with the 6-2-6 pipes and see if they can duplicate the noise issue and try to find a possible solution...I will try removing one of the baffles after I talk with them again in a week to see if this makes any difference..I am going to hold up on the baffle until the guy at Cobra has a chance to discuss this with the engineers and then go from there....Hopefully they can find a solution as this drone noise at highway speeds is killing my ears......

KenSk8Man
11-09-2013, 05:41 PM
My Service guy was interested in test driving my scoot today. He heard the drone with a full-face helmet and it just confirmed I wasn't going crazy. I tried removing baffles one at a time. They came out easy enough, so I didn't mind spending some time trying different combinations. No help for me. I let my friend ride the bike today. He's 6'2, and said although he heard the drone clearly enough, and it was much louder than his, to him, it was not intolerable. He's got a 2003 with Cobra Tri-Oval's.

So I put the stock pipes back on. Took us all of 1/2 hour to remove the Cobra's and re-install the stock pipes. I guess it really sucks that you can't test ride a set of pipes before you buy, but for now I'll stick with stock. At least I can say I exhausted all possibilities :banghead:

The Cobra's are for sale.

opas ride
11-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I agree that this drone with the Cobra pipes "sucks"...I did test ride an F6B at the dealer and it had the Cobra's on it with the stock windshield..The wind noise was so bad for me that I heard the drone but not near as badly as when I picked up my own bike and rode it home. The drone at 55-75mph was very noticeable and somewhat irritating, but I lived with it until I got home...I thought maybe it was my helmet or the Baggershield windshield that caused it, but no....Later that week rode the same dealer test bike with my own helmet and the drone was just a bad even with the stock shield....I will keep my pipes for now as the riding season is pretty much over in Michigan, but if nothing is done on Cobra's end with some possible solutions, my pipes will also be for sale soon...Glad I kept the stockers....But hate to take a huge hit on my 6-2-6's as I paid the full MSRP to have them dealer installed...Won't do that again...(Live and learn as they say)...

Coyote1998
11-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Hi guys, I drilled out my stock pipes front and back (got a little carried away).
Anyway, I had the drone.
When I was on holidays, I stopped and saw Jimmy at Tourque Masters, I had him remove the CAT's, I know some here don't agree with this, but I did this to improve the flow of the exhaust as I am waiting for the black Cobras, one unseen benefit of removing the CAT's was the drone was noticeably reduced. It is not bothersome at all now.
There is no way to tell if adding the Cobra's will bring it back, but I am betting on No.....Good luck out there.
Black Dragon project continues into the snowy season....stay tuned for more.

CobraUSA
11-12-2013, 05:04 PM
I talked with Mike at Cobra this afternoon and he assured me they are going to look into the drone issue with the 6-2-6 pipes and see if they can duplicate the noise issue and try to find a possible solution...I will try removing one of the baffles after I talk with them again in a week to see if this makes any difference..I am going to hold up on the baffle until the guy at Cobra has a chance to discuss this with the engineers and then go from there....Hopefully they can find a solution as this drone noise at highway speeds is killing my ears......

Opas,

I'm sorry to hear that the exhaust is too loud for you. By any chance do you have an aftermarket windshield?

Just a heads up; We tested this exhaust with over 8 different sets of baffles until we got, what we thought was the correct tone for the bike. The baffles we ended up going with were the most quiet ones we could build without negatively affecting the performance of the bike. We will not be offering a quieter baffle for the Six-2-Six as of now, or any time in the near future. If you plan on removing one or more of the baffles, that will most likely only make it louder. We offered this exhaust with removable baffles since we knew some would prefer a louder bike, being that an F6B rider is different than a GoldWing rider. Also, it is difficult to create an aftermarket system for the GL1800 without creating some sort of drone. When comparing stock to aftermarket, there will always be more drone unfortunately.

I'm sorry that the drone is bothering you, but that is the most quiet we could get this particular system.

Have a great day.

CobraUSA
11-12-2013, 05:06 PM
This past Monday I had the fortune and opportunity to ride kdelders bike (kevin), and he has a very good tone to his Cobra 6-2-6 pipes. He has baffles in 2 pipes on each side, and the one pipes that does NOT have the baffle in it...on each side...is the longest pipe. So, look at your pipes...find the one that is longest on each side, remove the baffle from that ONE...on each side, and the sound is pretty darn good.

How did you like the sound?

MichaelG
11-12-2013, 05:23 PM
How did you like the sound?

Cobra, I liked the sound, and while I did NOT take the bike out onto the highway and run it at highway speeds for a long period of time, I think that Kevins' bike has little to no drone to it. On my own F6B, as a temporary solution...while I wait for this Winter to come...and by then most aftermarket manufacturers will have their final products for the F6B available with no wait-list...I went ahead and drilled my OEM exhaust, and after some fine tuning, I have little to no drone, and my pipes sound as good as any Cobra, Rush, or Torqmaster pipes I have heard.

But...before all the wise-crackers on here pipe up (pun intended), my hearing has been seriously affected by being hit with a lightning strike on the helmet, on 9-5-13. So with blown out ear drums, I don't hear as well as most people do. However, I can still hear THE drone...at highway speeds, for longer distances, if I intentionaly make my exhaust drone. I don't want to do that...intentionally...that is why I have it fine tuned (again, pun inteded)

To be honest with you, I know how to fix the drone problem on the new 6-2-6 pipes, but...I contacted Cobra in a PM, and the response was to blow me off, so I am keeping my secret fix close to the vest, and sharing it only with :cheers: :beer3: :alc: :biker: :motorcycle2:

And I don't even drink !

opas ride
11-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I did get a nice response from Cobra on the drone issue...I am pleased with the sound it is just the constant drone that is hard to bear..At my age of almost 74 I am not into noise so much, but do like a pleasant sound..I am curious as to whether or not this drone will, over time, effect my hearing? If so, off come the pipes and I will go back to stock...The question was asked about what type of windshield I have which leads me to believe the engineers at Cobra only tested the pipes/baffles on a bike with the stock shield...The wind protection is far more important to me than fancy pipes, so if nothing changes for the better for me by next year, I will go back to the stock pipes even though I really love the looks and low speed sound of the Cobras...I suppose I was expecting them to sound more like the old 6to6 pipes on my Valkyrie....I might remove the baffles and try that before I take them off...We'll see what the future brings...Also, I am hoping to get the chrome cover shield that is shown in the Cobra web-site on the F6B that covers the welds and clamps on the pipes..My source at Cobra indicated they would send them at no charge.....

Batwing
11-24-2013, 08:46 AM

So here are the elusive black pipes. Not exactly what i was hoping for especially with the silver clamps and having to reuse the chrome heat shield. Hopefully Cobra will QUICKLY create and sell a matching heat shield. On a positive note i like the sound and finish. :icon_wink:

Cool Hand Luke
11-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Chrome heat shield with black pipes is odd enough but chrome clamp is just wrong! Must powder coat fast. It seems like Cobra is selling these pipes in black unfinished and you are forced to spend more money and time to get them right. I feel Cobra has dropped the ball on these.

bobbyf6b
11-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Chrome heat shield with black pipes is odd enough but chrome clamp is just wrong! Must powder coat fast. It seems like Cobra is selling these pipes in black unfinished and you are forced to spend more money and time to get them right. I feel Cobra has dropped the ball on these.

I have to agree. The black part of the pipes look great but it looks unfinished. :icon_frown:

Batwing
11-24-2013, 12:11 PM

Yeah I feel like I made a really expensive mistake and they don't seem to be listening to us.

Scotrod
11-24-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't believe ANY aftermarket manufacturer provides or offers black forward shields with their black F6B slip-on pipes.

This will sound harsh, but why would anyone who's researched something fully before they bought it and understands what they are getting expect them to be included?

The clamp,,, I can see where they should be black. But, $5 for a can of high temp will fix that. (Or p-coat 'em,,,)

What to do now with your forward shields? Powder coat 'em like everyone else has had to do who's purchased black F6B slip-ons.

In the long run, it will be far less $$$ for you to p-coat 'em yourself than to pay for a 2nd set of shields in black from Cobra.

Maybe some day Cobra will offer the shields as a 'kit' option with the slip ons,,, I reckon the MSRP for that combined kit will be just shy of 1 large,,, And,,, with such a high MSRP, most will opt to either go chrome or p-coat their existing shields instead of buying the full kit,,, which in turn leaves Cobra with a low-demand item, the black forward shields,,,

Its all about the $$$. Always has been, always will be.

Batwing
11-24-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't believe ANY aftermarket manufacturer provides or offers black forward shields with their black F6B slip-on pipes.

This will sound harsh, but why would anyone who's researched something fully before they bought it and understands what they are getting expect them to be included?

The clamp,,, I can see where they should be black. But, $5 for a can of high temp will fix that. (Or p-coat 'em,,,)

What to do now with your forward shields? Powder coat 'em like everyone else has had to do who's purchased black F6B slip-ons.

In the long run, it will be far less $$$ for you to p-coat 'em yourself than to pay for a 2nd set of shields in black from Cobra.

Maybe some day Cobra will offer the shields as a 'kit' option with the slip ons,,, I reckon the MSRP for that combined kit will be just shy of 1 large,,, And,,, with such a high MSRP, most will opt to either go chrome or p-coat their existing shields instead of buying the full kit,,, which in turn leaves Cobra with a low-demand item, the black forward shields,,,

Its all about the $$$. Always has been, always will be.

I knew what i was getting into with the shield but i thought the clamps would be covered like it's advertised on their site.

CobraUSA
12-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Cobra, I liked the sound, and while I did NOT take the bike out onto the highway and run it at highway speeds for a long period of time, I think that Kevins' bike has little to no drone to it. On my own F6B, as a temporary solution...while I wait for this Winter to come...and by then most aftermarket manufacturers will have their final products for the F6B available with no wait-list...I went ahead and drilled my OEM exhaust, and after some fine tuning, I have little to no drone, and my pipes sound as good as any Cobra, Rush, or Torqmaster pipes I have heard.

But...before all the wise-crackers on here pipe up (pun intended), my hearing has been seriously affected by being hit with a lightning strike on the helmet, on 9-5-13. So with blown out ear drums, I don't hear as well as most people do. However, I can still hear THE drone...at highway speeds, for longer distances, if I intentionaly make my exhaust drone. I don't want to do that...intentionally...that is why I have it fine tuned (again, pun inteded)

To be honest with you, I know how to fix the drone problem on the new 6-2-6 pipes, but...I contacted Cobra in a PM, and the response was to blow me off, so I am keeping my secret fix close to the vest, and sharing it only with :cheers: :beer3: :alc: :biker: :motorcycle2:

And I don't even drink !

Hey Miles,

I didn't intentionally "blow you off". It is just a little difficult to be on multiple forums at all times and remember to check PM's. Anyways, I get tons of PM's regarding free exhaust systems and if I were to give everyone who asked what they wanted, we wouldn't sell anything. I myself am an enthusiast, just like you so I know where you were coming from, but I can't just give stuff away.

Thanks,
Dustin

Kawi69
12-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Hey Dustin,
I'm thinking of getting 6-2-6 in Black. Can I get
Black clamps & Heat Shields with it. What are the $$$$$
for whole setup. :041: :clap2: :banana: :banana:

Thanks

Kawi69

opas ride
12-03-2013, 04:35 PM
C'mon Miles...Share your fix for the dreaded drone that comes with the Cobra 6-2-6 pipes......I might even buy you lunch one day if I ever get out your way....Regards, and I promise to keep it a secret!!!

MichaelG
12-03-2013, 05:03 PM
C'mon Miles...Share your fix for the dreaded drone that comes with the Cobra 6-2-6 pipes......I might even buy you lunch one day if I ever get out your way....Regards, and I promise to keep it a secret!!!

Opas, I will send you a PM with the info, and...there is no need to wait until you come out this way...as I have three (3) trips already planned for next year...out your way. One of us has to ride :yikes:

Mustangjake
12-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Drone I still have no idea what that is !
My cobra 6 by 6 are awesome an are quieter than my drilled out pipes !
But I bought them for only 1 thing 6 pipes out the back !

Scotrod
12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Well,,, some things never will change,,,

No worries,,, the rest of us dumb bastards still know how to have fun! :icon_biggrin: :motorcycle2:

GONRDN
12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Well,,, some things never will change,,,

No worries,,, the rest of us dumb bastards still know how to have fun! :icon_biggrin: :motorcycle2:

:lolup:

F6B-RICH
12-04-2013, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Scotrod;15801]I don't believe ANY aftermarket manufacturer provides or offers black forward shields with their black F6B slip-on pipes.

Its not black but black chrome/nickel.Torq Masters gives you forward shields in black chrome/nickel.

CobraUSA
12-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Dustin,
I'm thinking of getting 6-2-6 in Black. Can I get
Black clamps & Heat Shields with it. What are the $$$$$
for whole setup. :041: :clap2: :banana: :banana:

Thanks

Kawi69

Hey Kawi,

I told the engineering guys that we need to do something about the clamps, so hopefully at some point in the near future we will have black clamps. In the mean time, a quick shot with some black spray paint will do the trick to hide the clamps a little better. And as for shields, I don't know when that will happen to be honest. I will definitely let everyone know if/when we start producing black shields.

Thanks!
Dustin

alscott42
12-17-2013, 10:11 PM

And I don't even drink !

CAN YOU SHARE WITH ME HOW TO FIX THE DROME PROBLEM ON THE COBRA 626 I AM EXPERIENCING A DRONE SOUND ON MY PIPES.

THANKS

Scotrod
12-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Eh,,, Looks like quite a few posts were deleted here. Probably best to let this one die,,,

alscott,, the info/opinions you seek are listed in another thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1396-Torq-Loopz&highlight=torque+loops

(I can not personally confirm or deny the effectiveness of the 2 different fixes mentioned.)

opas ride
12-18-2013, 05:08 PM
After a few months watching the posts on this issue, I have determined that the only way for me to stop the drone with my Cobra pipes is to live with it and ignore, or sell the things and go back to stocks......I will wait until Spring to decided after I ride for a few more weeks..Due to the lousy weather in MI. the bike is put away in the garage until next year...(Damn)....

HaloJumper
12-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Opas, I will send you a PM with the info, and...there is no need to wait until you come out this way...as I have three (3) trips already planned for next year...out your way. One of us has to ride :yikes:

Miles

Can you PM me the info please?

HaloJumper
12-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Does anybody have any idea how the disk or Torq Loopz options would affect ones warranty?

Batwing
03-28-2014, 04:53 PM
So here are the elusive black pipes. Not exactly what i was hoping for especially with the silver clamps and having to reuse the chrome heat shield. Hopefully Cobra will QUICKLY create and sell a matching heat shield. On a positive note i like the sound and finish. :icon_wink:

Had to get rid of the chrome cover and clamps .batman-smilie.

Hornblower
03-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Lookin' good there, Batwing :headbang:

Batwing
03-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Lookin' good there, Batwing :headbang:

Thanks Bro!

billphoenix
03-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Tried to get some sounds for ya guys on a holeshot. approx. 10mph to about 100mph when I let out. You get the idea.

http://youtu.be/oK-qpNFC9ss

Yeah Buddy, that's what I've been trying to describe on the other Cobra 6 posts.

You either like these bad ass sounding and looking pipes or you don't.

They are well made, great fit, and people compliment me on the non-VTwin offensive sound.

I had one guy say at a gas station "that is what a bike should sound like".

P.S. The "whisper quite" stocks are good too, too each his own.

CobraUSA
04-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah Buddy, that's what I've been trying to describe on the other Cobra 6 posts.

You either like these bad ass sounding and looking pipes or you don't.

They are well made, great fit, and people compliment me on the non-VTwin offensive sound.

I had one guy say at a gas station "that is what a bike should sound like".

P.S. The "whisper quite" stocks are good too, too each his own.

:039: Thanks~!

CobraUSA
04-03-2014, 11:28 AM

This looks awesome!

opas ride
04-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Finally had a chance to ride a little here in Michigan the other day...Just a few miles but it was great....The "drone" sound of the Cobra pipes did not seem to bother me as much as it did last fall...I think I can live with them as I get use to the different pitch over time...As said above, they are well built, look awesome, and complement the bike, in my opinion, and I will keep them on for now.....Can't wait for some more better weather......

ReserveBum
04-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Just picked up my new Black Deluxe (151 miles) w/ the Cobras. Guess I am one of the haters.....The dealer gave me the stockers and they are going on asap. Look in classifieds soon if interested.

badpapi
06-16-2014, 09:55 PM

if you can gime info how you did this I will appreciated , I don't really know how to remove the heat shied and don't have the tools so im goin to try to paint then while still on .
Anny advice before I do something stupid.

smokinjoe187
06-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Now, don't forget to put those stock F6B exhaust tips up for sale over on the GL1800 forum. You will certainly be able to offset some of the cost of the new Cobras. Going rate is $200-$250 per pair depending on the buyer! Those '12-'13 Wing owners really want our discarded tips.

say what????

Joflewbyu2
12-06-2017, 06:45 PM
I have the Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust pipes with all the baffles in. No drone but it is loud. Similar to the sound level my old HD 103 was with V&H 2 into 1 exhaust. Love the looks and get compliments everywhere I travel.

Joflewbyu2
12-06-2017, 08:08 PM
CobraUSA, do you have a picture of the Cobra Six-2-Six baffle? What are the dimensions? Are all the baffles in the system 6 pipes the same size? If anyone else has the info, much appreciated.

This looks awesome!