PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my F6B

Audiochris90
05-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Well after 8 months i sold my VTX 1800. Drove from Oklahoma City to Russelville with family and rode it home on Saturday. We had a storm pending so I didnt get pics @ the dealership, and left in a hurry. Wow what a bike. So plush, smooth, powerful and quite nimble. My vtx was an 1800, the f6b is a hundred pounds heavier, but feels like a sport bike compared to the vtx.
If i have any criticism of my new bike (all of which i knew beforehand) it would be the windshield and lack of a hiway peg for my extra long legs. First the damm little shield is just right for your average North Korean. It buffets the hell out of my neotec helmet. Its actually worse than the vtx was naked. Im 6'1 225 lbs so please if your long legged and about my height let me know what shield you have that works. I'm thinking cee bailey 11 inch dark for around town, or maybee a clearview sport ? I feel it's important to keep the good looks of a short shield. Then tell me about pegs, i guess their is only two choices, the Rivco in the engine covers or the Kury ergos 3 on the drop bars. If your 6'1, what is working for you? Other than that I have the best road bike available now. Thanks to you all and the forum. http://https://imgur.com/gallery/VzHIF

53driver
05-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Outstanding Chris!
Welcome to "the best bike ever" - as Teach would say.

See you at the the Rally?

nvmyf6
05-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Congratulations on your new ride, totally the right color choice. 'all/right'

I recommend the 11 inch dark windscreen. You want to look over it anyway, and the dark color just adds that much more character .

Ride safe

gmorstad
05-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Well after 8 months i sold my VTX 1800. Drove from Oklahoma City to Russelville with family and rode it home on Saturday. We had a storm pending so I didnt get pics @ the dealership, and left in a hurry. Wow what a bike. So plush, smooth, powerful and quite nimble. My vtx was an 1800, the f6b is a hundred pounds heavier, but feels like a sport bike compared to the vtx.
If i have any criticism of my new bike (all of which i knew beforehand) it would be the windshield and lack of a hiway peg for my extra long legs. First the damm little shield is just right for your average North Korean. It buffets the hell out of my neotec helmet. Its actually worse than the vtx was naked. Im 6'1 225 lbs so please if your long legged and about my height let me know what shield you have that works. I'm thinking cee bailey 11 inch dark for around town, or maybee a clearview sport ? I feel it's important to keep the good looks of a short shield. Then tell me about pegs, i guess their is only two choices, the Rivco in the engine covers or the Kury ergos 3 on the drop bars. If your 6'1, what is working for you? Other than that I have the best road bike available now. Thanks to you all and the forum. http://https://imgur.com/gallery/VzHIF

I am the same size as you and I can tell you, the sixteen inch Clearview with the upturn is too short. My helmet shield has to be all the way down or the bugs flow right over the top of the Clearview and under the face shield. It is being replaced by an eighteen inch F4. Hopefully that will work. Good luck

Audiochris90
05-02-2016, 10:35 PM
I am the same size as you and I can tell you, the sixteen inch Clearview with the upturn is too short. My helmet shield has to be all the way down or the bugs flow right over the top of the Clearview and under the face shield. It is being replaced by an eighteen inch F4. Hopefully that will work. Good luck

My thinking may be all wrong then, nothing like the medium clearview would be effective? Something about bugs and this bike too. Got a lot of bugs on the way home. Maybee the two headlamps?

Audiochris90
05-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Outstanding Chris!
Welcome to "the best bike ever" - as Teach would say.

See you at the the Rally?

Yep see you there

adventurous1
05-02-2016, 11:55 PM
If your 6'1, what is working for you? Other than that I have the best road bike available now. Thanks to you all and the forum. http://https://imgur.com/gallery/VzHIF

Took the B out for the first time yesterday w/ the Ergo III's affixed. I'm 6' 2" w/ 36" inseam. For a full day, rode with 'em on the interstate, on 2 lane hwys, thru the mtns, and twisties in the cyns. Yup - makes a friggen world of difference. Also, added the Roadsmith comfort controls.

btw, welcome aboard.

GaTeach
05-03-2016, 07:35 AM
OMG. This is the best bike ever! Welcome. :)

That short windshield gives new meaning to the word "suck." What were the engineers thinking? YUCK!

Fla_rider
05-03-2016, 09:47 AM
'welcome gang' from Tampa, Fl.
I have the tallest Clearview smoked screen they make with vent! I'm only 5'7". (I sit tall in a stock saddle) :yes:

LPMojo
05-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Congrats on the bike! You're just a week behind me.
I'm a bit shorter than you, but basically have the same complaints about the windshield and leg space.
My first mod was the Mustang seat, which dropped me an 1", making me feel more "in" the bike. There is more bend in my knees as a result. Nothing horrible, but I am looking forward to adding some hiway pegs soon.
As far a windshield goes, I was looking at the Klock Werks 14". They make a 16" shield as well, and one fellow your height says it does the trick for him.
I'm sure others have mentioned it, but like 53driver suggested to me, get your seat sorted out before trying windshields. A 1" difference at the seat does change the way the wind hits you quite a bit.
Enjoy that bike!
:beer3:

98valk
05-03-2016, 11:09 AM

Did your Clearview have the recurve? TIA

Az Wingrider
05-03-2016, 11:19 AM
I have a Windbender and I like it very much. I have the low version and it has a lot of adjustability but even in the lowest setting the laminar lip kicks the air up and over my helmet enough that I can ride comfortably with the visor on my helmet up.
The Windbreaker is a two piece windshield so it possible to have two or even all three heights of the top shield which are very easy to change out.

Just my thoughts but very comfortable for me.

Fla_rider
05-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Added clarification - yes I have the re-curve and I have the shield in the up most position. :icon_lol:

I use to have the Baggershield - with both screens in place I was getting wind turbulence at the top of my helmet that would rattle my few brain cells I have left. I switch to the Clearview and bought their widest, tallest shield they had. The wind now goes above my helmet. Don't get me wrong I can stretch up a little and look over the shield with little difficulties and still the wind is satisfactory. :clap2:

opas ride
05-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Added clarification - yes I have the re-curve and I have the shield in the up most position. :icon_lol:

I use to have the Baggershield - with both screens in place I was getting wind turbulence at the top of my helmet that would rattle my few brain cells I have left. I switch to the Clearview and bought their widest, tallest shield they had. The wind now goes above my helmet. Don't get me wrong I can stretch up a little and look over the shield with little difficulties and still the wind is satisfactory. :clap2:
I have the Baggershield extended to the max position and it works great for me..No windnoise/buffeting or other issues some have..I also have the lower Mustang seat which I really like...I am 5'9" with a short 29" inseam about 195lbs and all is well on rides for me....Ride safe and enjoy the bike...

BACA
05-03-2016, 04:45 PM
I've a Windbender too and it's one of the best engineered windshields I have ever owned. I have the windshield in it's lowest position (so I can look over the windshield) with a full face helmet and have no bugs on the helmet, although some have hit the top of my helmet. When I want to use the open face helmet I raise it one notch (I can still look over the windshield) and have yet to get a bug in my face. I'm 5'7" tall, but because of the design the wind goes right over my head taking bugs with it. If you are 6'1", all you would have to do is raise the windshield up a couple of notches or adjust it till you were satisfied.

Ride Safe but Often!!!

seadog
05-03-2016, 07:02 PM
My thinking may be all wrong then, nothing like the medium clearview would be effective? Something about bugs and this bike too. Got a lot of bugs on the way home. Maybee the two headlamps?

The best of both worlds, 19 inch when running into the cold and invert the top piece to bring it down to 11 inches when its warm as heck, I had that bagger shield on before the bike ever left the dealership and have never been sorry it is there. Of course opinions vary and that is what make the world go round.:stirthepot:

tommyb
05-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Hey, the bike and helmet look just like mine! Congrats!

gmorstad
05-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Did your Clearview have the recurve? TIA

Yes it does.

gmorstad
05-03-2016, 09:29 PM

I will say I have a tall torso and 32" inseam so maybe that makes a difference but a guy that was thinking about buying my windshield stands 5'10" and he thought it was perfect. Definitely not for me. I no longer buy the buzz about the upward curve. Still too much wind and way too many bugs.

gmorstad
05-03-2016, 10:54 PM

By the way, get the Kuryakyn ergo pegs as soon as possible. Your knees will be very thankful.

53driver
05-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Something about bugs and this bike too. Got a lot of bugs on the way home. Maybee the two headlamps?

Dollar Store "Pledge-like-product."
All over the leading edges and surfaces.
Bugs smack and slide right off.

CopperMike
05-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Congrats and welcome aboard.

Audiochris90
05-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Thanks all for the shield advise. Okcf6b sold me his Clearview 14 dark w/recuve and he installed it while I checked out his bike. It seems to work great and it looks good.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah85/Chris_Bruner/image_zpsiwy6pwmv.jpeg (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/Chris_Bruner/media/image_zpsiwy6pwmv.jpeg.html)

LPMojo
05-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Thanks all for the shield advise. Okcf6b sold me his Clearview 14 dark w/recuve and he installed it while I checked out his bike. It seems to work great and it looks good.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah85/Chris_Bruner/image_zpsiwy6pwmv.jpeg (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/Chris_Bruner/media/image_zpsiwy6pwmv.jpeg.html)

Nice shield! I got the same thing from Shooter, without the vent. Curious about your thoughts on the vent after you get some time with the shield.

Fla_rider
05-13-2016, 10:04 AM
What I noticed with the vent. Is there is a negative or up flowing current of air when the vent is closed. While this may not be bad. Opening the vent throws a curtain of air which can be directed from about chest high to face area. Helps on those day when temps reach for the upper 80's. "coffee"

Looks good Chris!

LeroyJaxson
05-13-2016, 02:55 PM
I am 6 foot and I just got my F6B a few weeks ago and I installed a 19 inch slipstream with a vent set at its lowest position. I wear a neotech helmet and I get almost no wind noise at all. For some added room I replaced the seat with a Corbin with a matching backrest. I added a set of hand wings to scoop some air to my chest during the hot 90+ degree days here is Central Florida. I just need a set of highway pegs and I am set.

Audiochris90
05-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Nice shield! I got the same thing from Shooter, without the vent. Curious about your thoughts on the vent after you get some time with the shield.

I think it helps with the little buffeting at speed, leave it open most the time.

Audiochris90
05-14-2016, 09:26 AM
On the way the following:

Socal led hi and low
Show chrome fogs
Wing stuff mesh goldwing jacket
Grip puppies
Crampbuster cb2 wide
Motorcycle larry master cyc ram ball mount for gps
Battery tender hook up
Powerlet cubby 12 v socket for goldwing
Kury glovebox cup holder

LPMojo
05-14-2016, 10:25 AM
What I noticed with the vent. Is there is a negative or up flowing current of air when the vent is closed. While this may not be bad. Opening the vent throws a curtain of air which can be directed from about chest high to face area. Helps on those day when temps reach for the upper 80's. "coffee"

Looks good Chris!

I think it helps with the little buffeting at speed, leave it open most the time.

Thanks guys. Sounds like the vent is a worthy investment. I contacted Clearview about adding the vent myself. This is what they said:
"If the screen was the correct thickness then I would say yes anyone handy with power tools could do it. But since our screen is a bit thicker we have to do an inset around the top section of the vent opening to allow clearance for the vent assembly."