PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Zumo 590LM

Loadmaster
05-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Can anyone tell me how to hook up my Garmin Zumo 590 so I hear it va intercom or bike speakers.

Thank you.

unsub
05-04-2016, 08:06 PM
.welcome20.

There is plenty of discussion here on the installation of GPS's. I suggest you use "Garmin Zumo 590" as your search term in this forum and you'll get quite a few results. That's where I'd begin anyway.

Chas
05-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Here is a site that has the wire harness that will do that for you. I used it on my 550 and it works well, put not perfect.

http://goldwingdocs.com/images/Gold_Wing_GPS_Input.png

Steve 0080
05-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Can anyone tell me how to hook up my Garmin Zumo 590 so I hear it va intercom or bike speakers.

Thank you.

My 550 has a 1/8 jack that plugs into the 1/8 cable in the cubby, although I do not bluetooth the GPS only because there are so few turns or inputs normally. I use a SENA20 to pipe music into my helmet, you can also add the GPS.... not a fan of being wired to the bike.

SimonTemplar
05-05-2016, 01:27 AM
GOLD WING GPS AUDIO INPUT INTERFACE (click me) (http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HG-GPSIN-GL)

Works great! Now you have a use for that Intercom circuit.

....sT

Hornblower
05-05-2016, 06:41 AM
ST--The OP also wanted to hear GPS thru the bike's speakers so what about this statement from the link you posted?

This has a 78" long GPS lead so it will reach any location. It will feed the audio to the headsets connected to the intercom cords, it will not feed audio to the speakers.

stepbill
05-05-2016, 07:16 AM
I have my gps plugged into the aux port up front and just switch the stereo to aux and listen to the voice prompts through my speakers, along with any music saved to the storage of the gps.

SimonTemplar
05-05-2016, 07:31 AM
ST--The OP also wanted to hear GPS thru the bike's speakers so what about this statement from the link you posted?

Actually....if you check, the OP asked 'so I hear it va intercom OR bike speakers. '

....sT

Hornblower
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Actually....if you check, the OP asked 'so I hear it va intercom OR bike speakers. '
....sT

OK...so, if the OP wanted to hear his GPS thru the bike's speakers, how would he do that with the device you suggested? (My interpretation of the OP's question was to be able to hear it EITHER way or BOTH ways depending on how you define EITHER. Of course, my interpretation could be incorrect) :icon_rolleyes:.

SimonTemplar
05-06-2016, 12:17 AM
(My interpretation of the OP's question was to be able to hear it EITHER way or BOTH ways depending on how you define EITHER. Of course, my interpretation could be incorrect) :icon_rolleyes:.

My interpretation was, as he did not also ask for the ability to choose, that one OR the other was acceptable.

язык скользко (language is slippery)

....sT

Hornblower
05-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Yes, ST, language is "slippery" and very often subject to interpretation. We may both be wasting our time here since the OP (Loadmaster) made the original post and has never since commented. He could clear this up for both of us if he's still around :popcorn:.

vmaxed
05-06-2016, 08:08 AM
I have Kennedy Technology Group on my Wing and every thing works Great.

(John)Kennedy Technology Group
614 Ridgeway Rd
Rose Hill, Kansas (KS) 67133
T 316-776-1111
kennedy@cellset.com

http://www.cellset.com/Motorcycleitems.html