PDA

View Full Version : Home

3Chief
05-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Finally got to return home after 8 months of a 4 1/2 month trip...Drove back to the Pacific North West in my truck with my cabover camper and bike trailer hauling the B and my VTX. Took three days...WTH?...6+ hours driving my truck and I can barely walk or sit...I can ride the B all day...Anyone else have that issue? :icon_wink:

seadog
05-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Only attacks old guys driving a cabover camper across country hauling two bike that he should be riding. LOL

Willl
05-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Usually only afflicts snowbirds on their routes north :cheers:

Pap
05-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Maybe your body doesn't like the Pacific North Wet.:shrug:

shooter
05-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Only attacks old guys driving a cabover camper across country hauling two bike that he should be riding. LOL

:nutkick:

seadog
05-05-2016, 04:14 PM
:nutkick:

Dam my butt getting sore from all this dog kickin'

willtill
05-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Finally got to return home after 8 months of a 4 1/2 month trip...Drove back to the Pacific North West in my truck with my cabover camper and bike trailer hauling the B and my VTX. Took three days...WTH?...6+ hours driving my truck and I can barely walk or sit...I can ride the B all day...Anyone else have that issue? :icon_wink:

Am puzzled about your statement of the duration of your trip

And as far as your last question... I myself find it to be much more comfortable on a motorcycle, rather than be seated in a car or truck.

3Chief
05-05-2016, 10:19 PM
My trip was slightly longer than planned...I was living in my camper to save money....I'm practicing so that if I ever meet Teach she'll think I'm a southerner :icon_razz:

shooter
05-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Smart Man. I am a southerner and she still scares me.

3Chief
05-05-2016, 11:40 PM

In the wizened company of this board I do believe I'm one of the youngsters...:icon_razz:

3Chief
06-08-2016, 01:33 AM
It was a brief stop at home...back in SoCal till Halloween...

Came down almost the entire length of highway one. That will make an awesome ride, unfortunately I drove my camper back and took all those wonderful twisties dragging the B around in a trailer :icon_frown:

Steve 0080
06-08-2016, 06:31 AM
You just need to get out and move every hour or so... normal for most folks ! This is also one of the changes in offices today, standing up all day with a desk that raises and lowers so you can be more rested than just sitting all day! Sitting for 8 hours is bad not matter office or truck!

3Chief
06-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Breaks help, new seat cushions would probably help...

unsub
06-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Here's the secret.

As long as your knees are below your waistline while in the seated position your muscles won't fatigue as quickly. In your truck I'm guessing your knees are resting higher than your waist. Depending on the age and feature model of your truck you may be able to tilt the seat forward and down just enough to achieve that configuration. And keep things like a wallet out of your back pocket.

Hydrate and walk around/stretch every hour or two [max] is a must no matter what you drive over long distances.