PDA

View Full Version : Any one previously own a 9 and now a B?

ducknder
05-05-2016, 02:25 PM
I am seriously considering an F6B as my next bike.
Currently I ride a M109R.
Would really like to hear from anyone on this forum that previously owned a 9.
Experiences, etc.

Thanks in advance

shooter
05-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Duck I still have my 9. I rarely ride it. The B is so much more comfortable. I bought the B for my wife and I but even when I ride solo I choose the B. You give up a little power , not much , but you get a whole lot more.I wouldn't trade my B for two 9's at my age. Here's a pic of Shameless.4023

bob109
05-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Had a 2006 Silver M-109R. It was a great conversation piece at "Bike Nights", especially with a Fat A$$ Venom 250 on the rear. In all truthfulness, it doesn't come close to my F6B. Yes it had some great 1800cc grunt but it sure wasn't designed for any type of touring IMHO. With the worry of "exactly 3.9 quarts" at oil change time, unless you wanted motor oil streaming from the right air filter and replacing clutch cables as often as under ware:yikes: it was a great bike in its own right. The 6 with its low center of gravity, smooth boxer six engine and a hydraulic clutch surpasses the 109 by leaps and bounds:icon_wink:

Pap
05-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Yep. 2008 orange. B is the ticket for comfort/trips.

seadog
05-05-2016, 05:44 PM
2007 M109R traded for the F6B and have never missed the nine. The F6B does everything 10 times better and is a long winded racal that will put the M109R smile back on your face. If you can swing it go for the Deluxe with all the nice extras.

wjduke
05-05-2016, 05:57 PM
2011 M109 prior. I got hit 2 years ago with over 20,000 miles on it. I loved it, but I looked at several factors since I had a chance to change. I wanted to be more visible, more comfort, more reliability. The B has dual headlights and lights on the side mirrors. I had an HID aftermarket headlamp and still got hit. Comfort isn't even worth comparing, and neither is the reliability. No clutch cable to break ( I used to carry a spare just in case). No match to Honda reliability. ( Read about 200,000 miles and more ). I'm so happy with this bike, I could scream like a girl when I get on it.

Now, with all that being said...if I never had the accident, I might still be on the 9. I had the financial chance to change and will never look back. Look at my previous started thread about oil change and storage. I have 5,000 miles on the B since I got it, and I haven't even begun to ride yet. I know a few guys with the 9 still doing winter mods and haven't ridden a mile this year.

This forum is great too.

tommyb
05-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Duck I still have my 9. I rarely ride it. The B is so much more comfortable. I bought the B for my wife and I but even when I ride solo I choose the B. You give up a little power , not much , but you get a whole lot more.I wouldn't trade my B for two 9's at my age. Here's a pic of Shameless.20622

Wow! That's a gorgeous 9 you got there. I was going to buy a 9 until I saw the Triumph Rocket. Both awesome bikes.

Pap
05-05-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm so happy with this bike, I could scream like a girl when I get on it.

Well, that is something I may not want to see at the get-together. :yikes: :icon_laugh:

shooter
05-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Pap we gotta find a way to keep him from doing shyt like that. I'm responsible for him.:banghead:

shooter
05-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Wow! That's a gorgeous 9 you got there. I was going to buy a 9 until I saw the Triumph Rocket. Both awesome bikes.

Duck that 9 is for sale and its absolutely perfect. Much better than new. It looks great and runs like an ape.

thunder217
05-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Why wouldn't you own two of the most powerful bikes on the planet. I don't think you can mod any bike more the 9 and have it perform to the max. It is the ultimate Muscle Cruiser.

wjduke
05-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Well, that is something I may not want to see at the get-together. :yikes: :icon_laugh:

Pap we gotta find a way to keep him from doing shyt like that. I'm responsible for him.:banghead:

You guys will never hear it, but the smile will be the hint.

ducknder
05-06-2016, 02:28 PM
The GW is more than I'm looking for while the B seems like a nice compromise.
Seems like I'm just approaching the bridge some of you have already crossed.
Nice to hear that it was a good experience.

I recognize some of your names from the m109 forum.

Thanks for the responses/thoughts.