PDA

View Full Version : M109 forum

wjduke
05-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Was just there scoping things out. Two problems guys have and I had all I could do to leave with my mouth shut. First was an oil change. It's a major project if you happen to be familiar with that bike. Second was a guy having a problem storing a spare helmet.

Two problems I no longer have, thank you very much.

Pap
05-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Was just there scoping things out. Two problems guys have and I had all I could do to leave with my mouth shut. First was an oil change. It's a major project if you happen to be familiar with that bike. Second was a guy having a problem storing a spare helmet.

Two problems I no longer have, thank you very much.

:yes:
Storing ANYTHING on that bike was tough.
Don't forget the dreaded clutch shudder. Lol
I was lucky enough not to have that issue even after 36,000 miles.

Still miss the ole girl tho.

shooter
05-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Look at you dissing the 9ers. I gotta learn how to copy and paste.:impatient:

wjduke
05-05-2016, 03:48 PM
:yes:
Storing ANYTHING on that bike was tough.
Don't forget the dreaded clutch shudder. Lol
I was lucky enough not to have that issue even after 36,000 miles.

Still miss the ole girl tho.
I loved my 9 and I say it all the time. Just that this was a much better move for me.

Look at you dissing the 9ers. I gotta learn how to coy and paste.:impatient:

You love to start trouble. A few minutes ago we were friends.:stirthepot:

shooter
05-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Fair weather friends. You know I'm messing with ya. I wouldn't tell it unless I had to.:shhh:

shooter
05-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Hey , Pap and Duke , you gotta say that people don't gather round that B like they did the 9. When I ride my 9 and stop at a busy quick shop I come back I have to move people over in order to get on it. That never gets old. They always have questions about the 9. I would still take the B any day of the week.

Pap
05-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Hey , Pap and Duke , you gotta say that people don't gather round that B like they did the 9. When I ride my 9 and stop at a busy quick shop I come back I have to move people over in order to get on it. That never gets old. They always have questions about the 9. I would still take the B any day of the week.

That is true.
We went on a ride with some Harley friends. One of them had just bought a new full dresser in that hard-to-come-by Harley color,,,what was that,,,Oh, I remember,, BLACK. Lol. We stopped at a gas station/convenience store and was eating a snack, when a group of people started walking toward us and our bikes. The Harley owner said "Look, they're coming to check out my new ride". I about pissed myself laughing when they walked right past his bike and surrounded mine and asked "Is this a new Harley? Man it's nice!" :clap2:

seadog
05-05-2016, 05:38 PM
People would walk by my buddies Harley and look at the Red M109R and ask if that was a Harley. Both the B and the M109R always put a smile on your face but I could have never done 7200 miles in one summer on the nine. Now the B is its big brother and a lot longer winded than the nine. I can ride it all day and when the day is over I could still do a couple of hundred miles more. Love this machine. I liked the nine but have not missed it since I sold it.

wjduke
05-05-2016, 06:03 PM

That's absolutely true. I still ride with my 9er friends and I don't get a look along side them. Although, I was on a ride in CT a few weekends ago with a Vic CC, and two Harley's, and I got all the looks. It depends on the company!

shooter
05-05-2016, 08:07 PM
I got a story for you guys. Year before last I went to Cincy to spend four days riding with my son. Trevor had a 675 Daytona R and his buddy Matt had an older pristine Honda VFR 800. We was riding through Amish Country in KY all day. Some of the most challenging curves you will ride and mile after mile. Now you guys know how the 9 is in the corners. I was dragging pegs and hanging off that thing all day keeping up with the kids. Matt told me that for an old man on a slow cruiser I was surprisingly fast. What a compliment. Later in the day I spanked his azz twice in a quarter mile drag race. Yeah he had excuses the first time so I did it again. He told me he had never seen a bike that big with a guy my size carry the front wheel that far on a 1-2 gear change. Supposedly that's what threw him off. We ended the day at a local gathering place called Rabbit Hash KY. Probably at least a hundred bikes or so. I park the 9 and the boys park on each side of me. Bikes are lined up side by side 300 ft up and down the street. The boys are still giving me trouble about the 9. We sit at a picnic table about 30 ft from the bikes drinking a soda when I look over 6 guys are crowded around the 9 , two squatted down pointing at stuff. I tell the boys , hey , you guys are gonna have to go move your bikes , the guys don't have enough room to look at mine. Didn't hear another sarcastic remark the rest of the day. We know that 9 is a great bike. I've never had issues with mine. Its given me 7500 miles of pleasure. Its just not the bike for me anymore. Its still the sexiest bike I've ever seen.

seadog
05-05-2016, 09:09 PM
The look is what sold me the nine in the first place, I saw a white one and I hate white but that style caught my eye and I looked it over and liked what I saw, and one time later I walked into another Suzuki dealer and right inside the door was that darn red son of a gun and I was hooked, sighed the papers right then and there and they prepped it and I road it home with this big sh*t eaten grin on my face. That bike put a smile on my face every time I twisted the throttle. But boy it wore me out fast, went to a corbin seat and that helped but at 300 miles I was done. 4000 miles a year was all I could do. I had it from 07 til March of 2015 when I bought the Honda.

thunder217
05-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Good to hear the chatter. A lot of us were and still are 9 owners. We just cant get away from all that torque and there is always a bar to role out to but when we really want to stretch out and visit other states you know the deal we ride the F6B for both comfort and ease of riding. I have both in my stall and could not be happier. Rode my nine 800 miles last weekend and had a ball but knew on my 6 I would have been in heaven.