PDA

View Full Version : Opas ride, your turn!

seadog
05-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Went down this morning and got the recall done on the 2015 deluxe. Took about 2 and a half hours to complete so it was shorter than expected. Left the house at 39 degrees dressed like Nanook of the north, leathers and heavy jacket, heavy gloves, neck gator, full face helmet and I absolutely hate riding trussed up like a turkey on a spit, but the weather improved as I went from Cadillac, to Mt Pleasant. Rode home in a nice 65 degree afternoon 'gw-smiley'

seadog
05-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Central Motorsports in Mt. Pleasant did a very nice job on the brake recall. Brakes came out operating as good as before and was very happy with the job they did on the bike. After dealing with the original dealership it is nice have a Honda dealer with people that care about their customers equipment and do a heads up job for their customers.:yes:

stepbill
05-10-2016, 07:07 AM
Glad yours went well! Just had mine done in Rockingham, NC and they too did a great job. No issues what so ever. Just hope that my luck keeps holding!

seadog
05-10-2016, 07:51 AM
For the next few days double check your brake before you need them as an air pocket can work its way thru the system even a day later. I am sure they did it right but check your brake for a while before you need to use them, maybe make sure they are there 200 feet before you need them. Just a caution as that can happen and you would have very poor brakes if a air pocket showed up. If you have a good dealership your probably safe but I will be checking mine just in case. I did that on the 75 mile ride back home and will continue to do so on the next ride out of my home.

BadDawg
05-10-2016, 07:51 PM
You said it only took a couple hours. When I had mine done they said it had to set overnight. That was because they flushed the brake fluid and it was part of the bleeding procedures.

Was anyone else told that?

seadog
05-10-2016, 08:02 PM
I was there and got it done and he said brakes were fine, as he took it out and tested them and said your good to go and I drove it back the 75 miles to my home. No problems.

hardtail
05-10-2016, 09:59 PM
You said it only took a couple hours. When I had mine done they said it had to set overnight. That was because they flushed the brake fluid and it was part of the bleeding procedures.

Was anyone else told that?

I haven't had mine done yet because the dealer has no one qualified to do that work. Their statement not mine.:yikes: That employee is off on sick leave. Was also told that if I got it done, I would have to leave it for at least 2 days. Haven't talked to Honda rep yet but I'm still ridin it.

okf6b
05-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Man, reading some of these posts really makes me appreciate my dealership. They completed my brake recall in under an hour. I talked with the mechanic afterwards. He said he had already completed 40 of the recalls and had the procedure down to a science.

hardtail
05-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Makes me wonder how you can own a dealer franchise and not be required to keep qualified mechanics. That's crazy!

seadog
05-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Brakes are checking out fine and working like normal but I am still being cautious of an air bubble showing up so I will continue to check the brakes a couple of hundred feet before I need to stop. Air bubbles in the system can show up days after they are worked on.