PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the New F6B, at 300 Miles

LPMojo
05-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Here's my first try at posting pics, the bike after Mustang seat and Clearview Windshield:

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu11/Bobbylane/IMG_1151_zpsmankfsiw.jpg (http://s629.photobucket.com/user/Bobbylane/media/IMG_1151_zpsmankfsiw.jpg.html)

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu11/Bobbylane/IMG_1150_zps5iyervvo.jpg (http://s629.photobucket.com/user/Bobbylane/media/IMG_1150_zps5iyervvo.jpg.html)

A big thanks to member Shooter for the windshield. It works great at taking away the turbulence, moving the wind from hitting at neck level to top of my head. I can hear my radio now! I have it in the lowest position and see over it no prob. I can straighten up to get in the wind, or relax to be out of it. It's a Clearview Sport Touring width, lowest height, if I'm not mistaken. It measures 12.5", from the rubber seal to the top of the screen. I guess it's 14" in it's highest position. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam if that helps anyone looking for a windshield.
I'm wondering if it's worth it to add a vent for some air behind the shield, to possibly cut down on any buffeting or back pressure. Anybody ever do this with their windshield?

Speaking of the radio, just got my usb stick working. Very nice. The layout is nothing near as good as my Mustang's Shaker 500 system, or even my gf's not so great Kia Sorrento SX, but it'll do. The sound is about as good as can be expected on a stock system. Sounds fine with a helmet or earplugs! I can see myself upgrading the sound system once I finish tweaking the ride comfort. Which brings me to my next thought...

The handlebars. I haven't felt uncomfortable with the bars. Last night, I rode for a couple of hours, testing out the new windshield. At the end of my ride, I was tense and uncomfortable at the base of my neck, between my shoulders. I think the handlebars might be too low and/or too close to me? I'm used to leaning forward with straight arms while riding. Stock setup has my arms bent and low, like I am right now, sitting at a desk and typing on my laptop. 3" up and 1" forward seems like a sweet spot for me. I'm going to look into options, other than the Helibars. Any suggestions are welcome.

Now, time to put some more miles on her!

jm21ddd15
05-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Bike looks great, plus you got the fastest color. Seems most riders do some comfort changes, when they get the F6. personal tastes, are "each to his/her own". All I may suggest is, give the bike a good test, say a few thousand miles, or 2-3 weeks of riding. Your body is used to your position from your previous bike, and yes, it will feel different, but just test it before changing. You may decide after a few weeks, that your body can adjust, and you may save $$$.

shooter
05-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Bike looks great Bobby. That shield is used to being on a Fast Black bike the last 2500 miles. It has "fast" expectations. Hope you can keep her happy. Glad it worked out for ya.

LPMojo
05-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys. Been riding since I posted.
Windshield rox. It has seen the upper range of double digits on this bike so far.
Or maybe lower range triple digits, stopped looking at the speedo. 🙂

I'll hang on for a while on the bars. Maybe I'll adapt. Passenger back rest next. And a real license plate, not paper tags.

zzh54
05-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Nice looking, congrats. Hang out and think your options through, whatever you want 3 or more companies make it all a little bit different. Find what makes you happy and go with it.

shooter
05-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys. Been riding since I posted.
Windshield rox. It has seen the upper range of double digits on this bike so far.
Or maybe lower range triple digits, stopped looking at the speedo. 

I'll hang on for a while on the bars. Maybe I'll adapt. Passenger back rest next. And a real license plate, not paper tags.

Don't worry about that shield Bobby. I've had her up to about 175 in third before. :icon_lol:

Pap
05-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Don't worry about that shield Bobby. I've had her up to about 175 in third before. :icon_lol:

Anyone have a spare set of hip boots?? :stirthepot::icon_laugh:

Blk6bgg6
05-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Sweet!

LPMojo
05-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Anyone have a spare set of hip boots?? :stirthepot::icon_laugh:

Right! My Converse high top just got flooded out.

So, I pulled off the Honda emblems with great success. Then I pulled off a side cover "F6B" emblem. Not so great:

Anyone do something cool there?

Pap
05-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Putty the holes and find a textured paint to match bike.

Brewdog
05-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Nice looking ride! Enjoy slicing the air.

Steve 0080
05-11-2016, 06:39 AM
These should fix your neck and back problem.

http://wingstuff.com/products/3780-3-position-handlebar-risers-for-gl1800?context=f6b

shooter
05-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Right! My Converse high top just got flooded out.

So, I pulled off the Honda emblems with great success. Then I pulled off a side cover "F6B" emblem. Not so great:

Anyone do something cool there?

You guys with the non-black ones just don't know. You can only dream

LPMojo
05-11-2016, 09:33 AM
You guys with the non-black ones just don't know. You can only dream

Guess we'll find out at the rally. Hopefully my grey can keep up.

WingStuff
05-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Lookin' good!

wjduke
05-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Guess we'll find out at the rally. Hopefully my grey can keep up.

Don't let shooter get away with that. He thinks because his bike is shiny, it means it's fast! He has no clue what Honda did with Stealth Matte Silver.

shooter
05-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Don't let shooter get away with that. He thinks because his bike is shiny, it means it's fast! He has no clue what Honda did with Stealth Matte Silver.

That matte is so ..............dull. Its bound to be slow. Ask yourself , have you ever seen a fast ship?? I mean , its ship grey.:stirthepot: I hate cause Duke is jacking this thread.:crackup:

wjduke
05-11-2016, 02:48 PM
That matte is so ..............dull. Its bound to be slow. Ask yourself , have you ever seen a fast ship?? I mean , its ship grey.:stirthepot: I hate cause Duke is jacking this thread.:crackup:
Ever see a stealth Fighter jet....that's the comparison!

shooter
05-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Bobby I apologize for Duke. I think Bobby's B looks great with my shield on it. I charged him quite a bit for it cause it was already battle tested on Shay-Shay. Me and that shield saw some great roads. Now Bobby can show her some new stuff , albeit at a lot slower pace.

LPMojo
05-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Bobby I apologize for Duke. I think Bobby's B looks great with my shield on it. I charged him quite a bit for it cause it was already battle tested on Shay-Shay. Me and that shield saw some great roads. Now Bobby can show her some new stuff , albeit at a lot slower pace.

He did. He freakin ripped me off. The shield is slowing my bike down, used to being on an older, slower black model.

zzh54
05-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Geeze, this is turning into a Nascar race. While the Black and Matte fight over 2nd place the Red one just keep pulling away in 1st

wjduke
05-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Geeze, this is turning into a Nascar race. While the Black and Matte fight over 2nd place the Red one just keep pulling away in 1st

Jeff, my Matte Silver is so badazz, that I don't even get waves back from other wings! I know I'm a scary looking dude, but I'm pretty sure it's the bike. Seriously though, and to the OP so this isn't a total thread jack, see if you or others with silver get that treatment. I don't know what it is actually, but I haven't gotten a wave back yet, and I've passed several now.

LPMojo
05-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Jeff, my Matte Silver is so badazz, that I don't even get waves back from other wings! I know I'm a scary looking dude, but I'm pretty sure it's the bike. Seriously though, and to the OP so this isn't a total thread jack, see if you or others with silver get that treatment. I don't know what it is actually, but I haven't gotten a wave back yet, and I've passed several now.

I don't know you, but it's you. 😄

Pap
05-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Maybe no one can see you. Take it out of stealth mode.

shooter
05-11-2016, 07:02 PM
He did. He freakin ripped me off. The shield is slowing my bike down, used to being on an older, slower black model.

I'm old and slow but my B is Ultra Fast Black. When I go around people Bobby I don't just turn heads like Duke. No , when I go around you I Inflict Whiplash!!!!

shooter
05-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Maybe no one can see you. Take it out of stealth mode.

Pap you think maybe Duke hasn't found the stealth button yet?? As slow as he is I don't think.he's tried out second gear either.

LPMojo
05-12-2016, 08:59 AM
I'm old and slow but my B is Ultra Fast Black. When I go around people Bobby I don't just turn heads like Duke. No , when I go around you I Inflict Whiplash!!!!

Ha! I believe that...if this is playing on your radio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJv8sY2CxZA