PDA

View Full Version : Invite from local Goldwing Riders Chapter

choptop
05-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Saturday I decided to go for a ride, rode to a town about 20 miles away, stopped at a nice bar out of town and ordered an adult beverage and some food. While heading back from the bathroom an older lady stopped me, a little to old for me personally but since I have put a few years on and retired, they are the only ones that will look twice at me and not laugh if they catch me looking.:icon_frown: She asked me if I had the black wing outside, the fast color and I said yes mam, cause my mother raised me right, about now I am figuring she is going to ask me for a ride or tell me she accidentally hit the 6 and wanted to exchange insurance cards, not sure which would be worse.:yikes:
Well it was neither, a couple from the Goldwing Road Riders Association Chapter were having lunch and a meeting and wanted to know if I was interested in joining them. I gracefully declined, used some half assed excuse but told her that I would be interested in some information. Her husband stopped by later and gave me some info and invited me to a meeting in the future, I thanked him and that was that. They had a good 10 years on me and God bless them for still getting on the bike , was really a trike, and still getting out. I still love to ride, stop at the bars, go a little bit faster than I should and put some miles on. if they are any indication of other GW clubs I have known and read about, the ride from the house to the bar to eat would be followed by a ride home and a nap, I put 175 on that day and would have loved to do more but chores at home...:icon_biggrin:

Pap
05-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Choptop, you STUD !! Maybe she was trying to recruit you for some of the "cougars" in their club! :stirthepot:

Az Wingrider
05-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Hey Choptop,

You really out to go to a meeting and find out what GWRRA is all about. I have belonged for about 10 years. I am now 70 years old so I guess they are considered my peer group. GWRRA is a very active organization and has chapters worldwide. They have a lot of activities and not everyone in the club is a geriatric. I am very fortunate in that Stu Oltman who writes the technical articles for WingWorld magazine belongs to the same chapter I do.

You might find something you like in the organization. I enjoy the meetings and have learned a lot about my bikes over the years. By the way some of these guys are serious about there riding. We have three who are certified Iron Butt riders in my chapter alone.

There are quite a few Trikes but at least they are all riders.

Just another province heard from
AzWingrider

shooter
05-11-2016, 09:03 PM
Just remember Chop. Its not long till she's gonna look pretty good. You ain't getting any younger.:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
05-11-2016, 09:23 PM
The famous RTE...Ride To Eat the best excuse to ride I know of !!! P.S. The ole lady may be able to teach you something especially if her teeth come out !!! :stirthepot:

choptop
05-11-2016, 10:07 PM
All good points, the teeth thing creeps me out a little but all in all it was a fun thing, went to Wing Ding in Madison, Wi. a couple of years ago and it was interesting. Still like my woman pre men... and at least a couple of teeth intact. And men to get more distinguished looking as they get older or so I tell myself.:icon_lol:

Cobraguy
05-12-2016, 02:29 PM
As a member of GWRRA I highly recommend checking them out. Your right a lot of riding is point A to point Food but hey its usually good food. At least look at it for the Rescue Plus towing plan. All my bikes and trailers and cages up to 100 miles free. I used the service twice in the last couple months. Once for a separated front tire on my 02 Wing (Don't buy the Shinkos). Once for my Kwik Kamp trailer axle problem.

choptop
05-12-2016, 02:57 PM
As a member of GWRRA I highly recommend checking them out. Your right a lot of riding is point A to point Food but hey its usually good food. At least look at it for the Rescue Plus towing plan. All my bikes and trailers and cages up to 100 miles free. I used the service twice in the last couple months. Once for a separated front tire on my 02 Wing (Don't buy the Shinkos). Once for my Kwik Kamp trailer axle problem.

Was looking at the Rescue plus info this morning, will probable join and get it.