PDA

View Full Version : Madstad questions

zeus661
05-12-2016, 05:56 AM
I have a few questions about the Madstad windshield.

If riding in rain does water come through under the shield and get you wet?
What has worked best for cleaning bugs off?
Does it help to wax it?

Thanks

ReserveBum
05-12-2016, 06:44 AM
No wetness at all.
I just use warm water/soap or S100.
I have not waxed it so cant answer that one

gregj
05-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Yes, slightly. The rain tends to get atomized somewhat by the laminar air flow, but moving the angle so the shield is more upright seems to help.

I clean it like any other w/s. Then I use Mguire's Scratch X on it, as well as the headlight lens.

stevenolts
05-12-2016, 07:19 AM
I have no problem with water coming through. Actually if riding in a mild rain with the Madstad and the F6B fairing I don't even get wet. I just use water and my hand to wiper the bugs off / then I wipe with a towel. I don't like using chemical on the plastic windshield or monitors etc...

I bought the Madstad 11" extra dark and it looks great on the bike. I was concerned that the extra dark would be a problem at night and the nice lady on the phone from Madstad told me that if I was not happy they would take the extra dark back and send me a lighter replacement. I had no problems at night with the extra dark windshield. I love this windshield and have never looked back. I usually keep it at the original lowest and full back no tilt position but occasionally raise it an inch or two in the rain or when I use my 3/4 helmet with full face shield. This shield works great at the lowest setting for my 1/2 helmet or a full modular helmet. I can't say enough about how much I love this windshield.

Steve

mike2000t
05-19-2016, 07:18 PM
minor issues with medium to heavy rain (I got the 13" and I am 6'-3")

Novus #1 plastic cleaner. I spray it right on the bugs and no issues.

I have not waxed it. The Novus is a plastic polish.

Steve 0080
05-19-2016, 10:12 PM
If the bugs are bad I let the shield sit with a wet towel on it and soak the bugs off...wax is a plus, helps clean and bead water...As far as rain goes, push the shield far forward and up as far as possible....keep moving !!!