PDA

View Full Version : Harley Demo truck vs our F6

99m3
05-14-2016, 09:29 PM
Man, I have owned two HD Roadglides. One standard with mods and one 2012 CVO Road Glide and both were nice bikes so when I say this I'm not by any means slamming the brand. I went to the HD demo ride today and rode four bikes and they were all really nice bikes. I rode a CVO Breakout, a Road Glide, a Street Glide and a V-Rod Muscle. Of all four the most fun was the V-Rod. After all of the riding I still came back to what a great bike we own in the F6B. The F6 is almost a combination of everything that I rode today. It is so smooth, fast and it handles great.

Audiochris90
05-14-2016, 11:30 PM
Man, I have owned two HD Roadglides. One standard with mods and one 2012 CVO Road Glide and both were nice bikes so when I say this I'm not by any means slamming the brand. I went to the HD demo ride today and rode four bikes and they were all really nice bikes. I rode a CVO Breakout, a Road Glide, a Street Glide and a V-Rod Muscle. Of all four the most fun was the V-Rod. After all of the riding I still came back to what a great bike we own in the F6B. The F6 is almost a combination of everything that I rode today. It is so smooth, fast and it handles great.

I considered many bikes last few weeks, the F6B is one of if not the finest road bike available today. And makes me look good. Thats a feat in its self.

choptop
05-15-2016, 04:01 AM
I considered many bikes last few weeks, the F6B is one of if not the finest road bike available today. And makes me look good. Thats a feat in its self.

I agree 1000%, it makes me look and be a better rider than what I am.:yes:

Brewdog
05-15-2016, 06:29 AM

I've owned three Ultra Classics never a road glide. The F6B is my first fixed fairing motorcycle and I agree completely with your statement. I've test driven a few HD road glide models and I always felt as if I was getting blown off the bike with so much wind coming from the forks. For me the Ultra CVO was disappointing after a test ride last summer. The F6B is quite the bike, mine has cruise control which I use all the time and I never feel as if I'm getting blown off the bike. Talk about power, the F6B must make twice the power of the HD. My limited gets down the road okay, but that's about it. Two up passing on a flat road works. On steep hills two up, the thing is lame to say the least. The HD 103 is better than the 88 or 96 I've had. Still very weak for heavy road bike. I found this F6B 0-125 mph video on youtube. This tells it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBFE09hDnw

rock lobster
05-15-2016, 08:03 AM
went on two Harley demo rides,tried 8 different models,the best for me was the street glide ,that said my 2016 white f6b should be delivered within the next week .

Darren
05-15-2016, 02:52 PM
I've got an 09 night rod which is fun to ride, but the F6 out accelerates it, handles better, and brakes better.

The only thing I can criticize is that the F6 can be a bit soulless.

I'd definitely buy another.

Steve 0080
05-15-2016, 03:16 PM
I had the chance to ride a 2015 Limited this weekend, actually I was letting the owner ride mine as he was told the GL frame was far superior. All I can say is the guy is looking to sell two H.D.'s to get one GL. As far as the Limited...what a pig! Not enough power to pull a sick whore off a piss pot, no suspension, brakes were better than my O3 Ultra, the radio is best of show but you can put the rest in the recycle box.

BIGLRY
05-15-2016, 03:27 PM
I had the chance to ride a 2015 Limited this weekend, actually I was letting the owner ride mine as he was told the GL frame was far superior. All I can say is the guy is looking to sell two H.D.'s to get one GL. As far as the Limited...what a pig! Not enough power to pull a sick whore off a piss pot, no suspension, brakes were better than my O3 Ultra, the radio is best of show but you can put the rest in the recycle box.:crackup: Blasphemy I tell you...everyone knows sick whores usually fall off piss pots with out any power!

rdeady
05-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Hi Guys Gotta throw in my 2 cents. I do have an 07 Harley fatboy as well as the f6b. (have not road the fatboy yet this spring if that tells you anything)
but as far as power my harley which has had been made into a 103 ,cams,ported heads etc . Oh yea even lowered the gearing a bit by using a sprocket with 2 less teeth i believe. In place of the compensating sprocket. It is a monster! Makes its power from 3500 rpms to redline witch is much different then normal harley engines. Im not 100% sure which is faster as power delivery is so much different in the two bikes but seat of pants tells me the fatboy is faster. BUT I love this honda !!!!!!

Steve 0080
05-15-2016, 07:10 PM
:crackup: Blasphemy I tell you...everyone knows sick whores usually fall off piss pots with out any power!

Love Ya Larry !!!!!

opas ride
05-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi Guys Gotta throw in my 2 cents. I do have an 07 Harley fatboy as well as the f6b. (have not road the fatboy yet this spring if that tells you anything)
but as far as power my harley which has had been made into a 103 ,cams,ported heads etc . Oh yea even lowered the gearing a bit by using a sprocket with 2 less teeth i believe. In place of the compensating sprocket. It is a monster! Makes its power from 3500 rpms to redline witch is much different then normal harley engines. Im not 100% sure which is faster as power delivery is so much different in the two bikes but seat of pants tells me the fatboy is faster. BUT I love this honda !!!!!!
Not to say your HD is not fast as I have no reason to doubt...but last year, at my ripe old age of 75, I ran up against a guy with a FatBoy that he said was built to a 110 with cams, ported, exhaust mods, fuel controller, and lots of bucks, etc. etc. and although it was quick I was at least 2 bike lengths ahead of him when I shut down at about 90/95 mph....My F6B is stock except for Cobra pipes and K&N filter...and I didn't have to spend $1000's of dollars to make it go....Ride safe

BIGLRY
05-15-2016, 08:23 PM
Just like any pumped H-D I have ever heard about, a lot of guys says their H-D is fast and powerful only to follow that up with... it is built with reworked heads, cams, high compression, re-geared.....custom screaming bla bla bla, but I've never heard that said about an OEM stock H-D, I wonder why(rhetorical question)?
Oh and just so ya know I've built a few hot rod H-D including a Turbo Sportster that was bad to the bone it made lots of RWH, but handled like crap as every H-D I have ever ridden into the triple digits does. No OEM stock H-D has ever compared to the total package of reliability with superior handling & OEM stock performance I get from all my Hondas. I have no doubt "it is a monster", but it did not come from the factory that way.

I still think they look good and are miles ahead of Honda in the paint department.
I'm found of the saying "it matters not what you ride, but that you ride" so if an H-D floats your boat then by all means ride & own one proudly.:icon_biggrin:

bob109
05-15-2016, 08:56 PM
There is but one word that separates Honda Cycles from Harley Cycles..........."Refinement". Out of the crate reliable and dependable performance with thoughtful engineering and attention to detail. Sure, Harley's glisten and gleam but that really isn't the essence of cycling. Take the "Image Thing" out of the picture and air cooled V-Twins are rather primitive technology requiring big $$$$ for bragging performance. Never owned one! Had the opportunity to ride my cousins Anniversary Edition Road King and couldn't wait to get back on my bike. My Cub Cadet Kohler V-Twin Garden Tractor was smoother:shhh: Having talked to several F6B owners who previously owned Harley's the opinion of all was "what took me so long". I personally don't care what others ride as personal choice is a grand thing. That said, I'm not paying out good hard earned cash for a "Image". I'm in pursuit of "functional" rather than "fancy":icon_wink:

Penguin
05-15-2016, 10:16 PM

Your Fatboy is close to 200 lbs lighter.

rdeady
05-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Believe me I love this Honda way more then the fatboy . Like I said the fatboys not even being ridden. And yes it is lighter and I did spend stupid (wasted) money on the engine and the tunup etc to make it what it is. I did demo some new 103 ci streetglides and roadglides when i was looking for new bike and I was not impressed. Although faster then the older 88 and 96 ci bikes they were still sluggish. Both my 07 fatboy and this f6b are way peppier. I have experienced peppy as I have owned a honda cbr 600 and a triumph street triple in the last 5 years and both were very fast especially the cbr. Night and day between the f6b and a harley I am extremely happy i bought this instead.

shooter
05-16-2016, 08:43 PM
The Fatboy is 123 pounds lighter. And I would be surprised if that Fatboy dynoed 90hp. Maybe 90ft. lbs. of torque. The B on the other hand makes 118 HP and 123 ft. lbs.TQ. that's pretty big. I'll tell you one thing about a metric bike. It hits the rev limiter a lot faster than a HD. They rev so much quicker. At WOT its hard to grab the gears fast enough on the 1-2 change and the 2-3 change. Its not the V-Twin design that revs slower cause my M109R revs as quick or quicker than the B. The HD just revs slower by design. That Harley makes a lot of noise and a lot of vibration. That has nothing to do with speed. I'm sure its fast for a Harley. It won't run with the B.

JBnAZ
05-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Cost V performance:

Rode yesterday with 3 very nice Harley's. One an electraglide set up factory as a 110. We did a little head to head acceleration, the Honda is faster. All 3 Harley's were super nice, no argument.

However, all three spent multiple thousands more than I did for my B. Not a few grand more, like 6 - 10 grand more with all their farkles added.

I have a hard time shelling out that much cash for something that doesn't perform as well as the Honda. Just my two cents.

And I owned a 2008 Street Glide.... Spent that cash, was fine selling it for something different.

53driver
05-17-2016, 06:58 AM
Since my Harley is so old (21 years) I guess I just don't expect her to compete with my 6 - and she can't, even though she makes 80hp with 80cu in.
However, she is carbureted and when the global EMP hits, she might still work.

It's like lettuce and cabbage. They kinda look the same, kinda feel the same, but they are two completely different entities.

BIGLRY
05-17-2016, 03:16 PM
Since my Harley is so old (21 years) I guess I just don't expect her to compete with my 6 - and she can't, even though she makes 80hp with 80cu in.

It's like lettuce and cabbage. They kinda look the same, kinda feel the same, but they are two completely different entities.
I love that analogy :yes: I'm going to use that one.:clap2:

53driver
05-17-2016, 03:21 PM
I love that analogy :yes: I'm going to use that one.:clap2:

Rock it! I'm still using your "high side" quote and getting lots of chuckles.

BIGLRY
05-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Rock it! I'm still using your "high side" quote and getting lots of chuckles.:cheers::shake2:

cruzdog954
05-17-2016, 03:43 PM
The Fatboy is 123 pounds lighter. And I would be surprised if that Fatboy dynoed 90hp. Maybe 90ft. lbs. of torque. The B on the other hand makes 118 HP and 123 ft. lbs.TQ. that's pretty big. I'll tell you one thing about a metric bike. It hits the rev limiter a lot faster than a HD. They rev so much quicker. At WOT its hard to grab the gears fast enough on the 1-2 change and the 2-3 change. Its not the V-Twin design that revs slower cause my M109R revs as quick or quicker than the B. The HD just revs slower by design. That Harley makes a lot of noise and a lot of vibration. That has nothing to do with speed. I'm sure its fast for a Harley. It won't run with the B.

Lets not forget that Honda did a proper V Twin - the 2005 Honda RC51 is a proper VTwin making about 133Hp and 72? torque.
I had that bike for 11 years and 62,000 miles and always gave me a smile. The only thing I replaced was oil, gas, tires and a couple of chains.

That bike really revved really fast until 9500 rpm and the bike saw many times 170 mph.

unsub
05-17-2016, 04:11 PM

:lolup:........and that'll knock you right back to the stone age. AKA the AMF years.

53driver
05-17-2016, 05:24 PM
:lolup:........and that'll knock you right back to the stone age. AKA the AMF years.

I did have a '73 Ironhead Sportster.....AMF.
Right foot shift.
Cranky lil' bitch.

Battoo
05-17-2016, 06:29 PM
I was at the demo ride in southhaven , and i left on a Great Bike , My 2012 Gl1800 , rode a ultra low and a vrod neither would hold a candle to my wing let alone the F6B i also have at the house

pilotguy299
05-17-2016, 07:50 PM
I've never ridden a harley, but have sat on quite a few. They just never felt comfortable even sitting still with the engine off. I guess being a part of the club is wonderful for those who bought into the "harley experience".

I love my F6B, and don't need the $45 harley t-shirt to have a great time riding.