PDA

View Full Version : Jacket needed

zeus661
05-15-2016, 11:22 AM
I am looking for a new jacket that is wind proof padded and lightweight. Don't really want one with a liner because I will layer underneath. Most important I want it to be compact so I can stuff it into a saddlebag easily. Size 2XL. Can anyone recommend one?

Az Wingrider
05-15-2016, 12:54 PM
I wear a First Gear Kilamanjaro most of the time. It does come with a liner but the liner is removable. I like it because it has plenty of vents and it is waterproof so I don't need a rain jacket. I have one in high viz yellow. I like the yellow because of visibility but it is fading

taxfree4
05-15-2016, 01:24 PM
I also highly recommend the Kilimanjaro, I've had one since it first came out. I evaluated many jackets before finally deciding on it. I have ridden it through torrential downpours, 16 degree weather and very hot and humid climate and it has kept me dry, warm and cool without fail. The key feature is the vents on the shoulder since many of us use a tall shield so the air sometimes doesn't get to the lower front vents. The air flows in through those vents, on hot days, and out the the huge back vents and completely cools down the shoulders and back. The built in hood, in the collar, prevents rain from going down your back off the helmet. The D-30 armor is flexible and top of the line protection.

F6BPDX
05-15-2016, 01:58 PM
I've got a Firstgear jaunt T2 in red that is in great shape. Find myself always reaching for my old faithful so this one sits. I'd let it go for $125 shipped (cont us). Let me know if you're interested and I will dig it out and email some photos. Stock picture attached.20849

Delta
05-15-2016, 03:18 PM
I got a Kilimanjaro a few months ago. Nice jacket with plenty of vents, adjustment, and state of the art armor. I have been thinking about removing the back armor to attempt to make it more compact to store in the saddlebag. I got the 2X tall in black which fits snug when the liner is in. I wear mine without the liner as I prefer to dress in layers as needed.

1951vbs
05-17-2016, 08:07 PM
I am looking for a new jacket that is wind proof padded and lightweight. Don't really want one with a liner because I will layer underneath. Most important I want it to be compact so I can stuff it into a saddlebag easily. Size 2XL. Can anyone recommend one?

I have had a collection of jackets but the do-all jacket for me is an Aerostich Roadcrafter City. Lightweight, armored, good from zero to 88 F, windproof, waterproof and breathable GORTEX. Not cheap but the best!