PDA

View Full Version : The bike finally went over !!!!!!

waynerock66
05-15-2016, 11:23 AM
While backing out of the building yesterday I lost my footing at the bottom of the ramp and it happened! There is a very slight incline into the building and I have almost lost it a couple of times when leaving early in the morning and slipping on the wet grass when transitioning from the ramp. Yesterday was dry and beautiful but when reaching the bottom my left foot bumped into the foot-peg while backing and I wasn't able to get it repositioned and planted before the "Starship" went over on it's left side. Luckily it was in the grass and as designed laid over on the crash bars. No harm, no foul. I did the "Goldwing walk" to right it and brushed off the grass and was on my way. We are in the process of re-designing the entire back yard over the summer so there will some thought put into extending the run off in the area in front of the building so as to ward off any future occurrences of this happening again. If you've haven't picked up your F6B yet, it is not as heavy as one would think but caution and sure footedness are a must.

Az Wingrider
05-15-2016, 12:20 PM
I know how you feel. In March I was at the Indian Lodge in the Davis Mountains of Texas which has a sloping parking lot. I was strapping my bag to the back seat and managed to push the bike over on its side. I felt really bad for my beauty but since I was with friends I just smiled foolishly and picked it back up. I wasn't even sitting on it and I put it down. Talk about dumb

53driver
05-15-2016, 01:09 PM
It happens to all of us at one time or another....some guys actually do it on purpose to change the rear tire!

F6BPDX
05-15-2016, 02:02 PM
I've done it 3 times. Twice in my garage thanks to wet boots and once during a slow uturn (on my test ride no less). Aside from a minor scratch on the bottom of the crash bar that I can't see unless I lie down all is well.

BadDawg
05-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Me, I just forgot to put the kickstand down. Stopped the bike in my driveway, took my phone of the mount, put my gloves in the cubby and started to step off...timber. only damage was to my ego.

pilotguy299
05-15-2016, 02:39 PM
done it twice. once on each side.

Steve 0080
05-15-2016, 03:31 PM
It happens, funny how some will not admit it though. I let mine down slowly Sat turning on a steep drive going back up while turning and tying not to bump a car...oh well...

JGF6B
05-15-2016, 04:43 PM
I put mine down walking it out of my garage. I was on the kick stand side and I let it go too far the other way. The bike leaned into the side of my garage door, pushed the right mirror further forward than it should go, and cracked the front fairing. I haven't replaced it and I'm probably the only one who notices the crack. The mirror is fine.

Old Ryder
05-15-2016, 05:39 PM
I did not fully have the kickstand all the way down and laid mine down while I was jumping off.

Bdog
05-15-2016, 05:58 PM
It's funny how the first thing you do is look around to see if anyone saw you.

waynerock66
05-15-2016, 06:46 PM
It's almost like when you trip and fall. You jump up acting like "I meant to do that" all the while hoping no one saw you fall. Lol

YikesCops
05-16-2016, 06:50 AM
Old riders will tell you: "There are two types of bikes, ones that have been dropped and ones that are about to be dropped." It means your a trying.

Fla_rider
05-16-2016, 07:00 AM
Almost about three times! But not all the way. :nono: One time I had on some new safety boots from work and there must have been some silicone on the soles, as I was pushing and pulling to get her on centerstand my boot slipped off the centerstand and she lunged opposite side! With all I had I pulled her back, Then I noticed my nuts on the ground! :yikes:

Hornblower
05-16-2016, 08:57 AM
Dropped mine once as well following another rider up to a stop on a very steep hill. It appeared he was turning right so I set up for that but suddenly, he turned left instead. Had my weight wrong and couldn't get my foot on the rear brake so had to use the front brake and over to the right she went. No real damage done but believe me, on that steep hill, I made sure it was in first gear before I tried to stand it back up. I would still be chasing that thing if I hadn't done that :yikes:.

YikesCops
05-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Have not dropped my B yet, but I did drop my VTX (sold now). I was moving, and decided to take it up a very steep driveway from the trailer in flip flops. It stalled, rolled back, and I let it fall One of the dumbest things I've done.

It feel on it's bags, so no damage. Good thing I'm a big guy and can pick up 800 pound bikes on an incline.

wjduke
05-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Dropped mine once as well following another rider up to a stop on a very steep hill. It appeared he was turning right so I set up for that but suddenly, he turned left instead. Had my weight wrong and couldn't get my foot on the rear brake so had to use the front brake and over to the right she went. No real damage done but believe me, on that steep hill, I made sure it was in first gear before I tried to stand it back up. I would still be chasing that thing if I hadn't done that :yikes:.

Not this bike, but similar on an uphill turn. Going too slow, tried to downshift (rookie mistake) and over she went. I was too close to the inside and the pavement wasn't there. Try waiting for 6 other guys who were waiting at the top when you didn't show up...I couldn't lift it alone. Lord knows I tried like hell!

choptop
07-19-2016, 11:16 AM
F*** me, tipped over while on side stand !!!!!! what is the paint match, short of ordering from Honda, for the crash bars. Thanks in advance

BIGLRY
07-19-2016, 11:51 AM
F*** me, tipped over while on side stand !!!!!! what is the paint match, short of ordering from Honda, for the crash bars. Thanks in advanceHonda calls it 'Matte Ballistic Black', "Color Rite" has it in a touch up pen.

Code: NHA86M Paint Name: Matte Ballistic Black Metallic, Color Rite Top: 2881
http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

choptop
07-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Honda calls it 'Matte Ballistic Black', "Color Rite" has it in a touch up pen.

Thank you sir !!

opas ride
07-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Honda calls it 'Matte Ballistic Black', "Color Rite" has it in a touch up pen.

Great timing for me my friend, I was looking this morning at a couple auto shops for a paint to match some small scratches on the rear and front wheels of my F6B..I think the engine guards are about the same color so I ordered a touch up pen..A little costly with shipping, but if it works I am happy.....Thanks

choptop
07-19-2016, 01:04 PM
Great timing for me my friend, I was looking this morning at a couple auto shops for a paint to match some small scratches on the rear and front wheels of my F6B..I think the engine guards are about the same color so I ordered a touch up pen..A little costly with shipping, but if it works I am happy.....Thanks

$50.00 for an aerosol can to my door, expensive, they get the contracts and sell the paint to them cheap and charge the hell out of the little guy, everybody screws us.:icon_frown: But I will have the paint, I am lucky, other than a small scratch on the right bag, maybe buffed out, cause it fell against the concrete curb, I consider myself lucky.:yikes:

RWS0292
07-19-2016, 01:55 PM
I really appreciate this thread as I now know I'm not the only one that has done this. I stopped at the end of a parking lot to transition to the street. I planted my right foot directly into a pothole and fell over like a falling tree. I was so embarrassed, but it does happen to everyone at least once (or, so I'm told!!). The crash bars did their thing and some black paint corrected most of the damage. She's as stealth as ever!

choptop
07-19-2016, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=RWS0292;127819]I really appreciate this thread as I now know I'm not the only one that has done this. I stopped at the end of a parking lot to transition to the street. I planted my right foot directly into a pothole and fell over like a falling tree. I was so embarrassed, but it does happen to everyone at least once (or, so I'm told!!). The crash bars did their thing and some black paint corrected most of the damage. She's as stealth as ever![/QUOTE

Iwish I could say it happened just once, each time it was on the side stand, I was never on the bike .:shhh:

YikesCops
07-19-2016, 02:41 PM
I was riding my VTX from the trailer to the garage, moving to a new place. Step driveway, and halfway up I stalled the bike, missed the brake and dumped it over. I was wearing shorts and flip flops. :nono:

The leather bags caught the bike, and it was easy to up-right holding the brake. My neighbors all watched with concern.

BIGLRY
07-19-2016, 07:19 PM
Great timing for me my friend, I was looking this morning at a couple auto shops for a paint to match some small scratches on the rear and front wheels of my F6B..I think the engine guards are about the same color so I ordered a touch up pen..A little costly with shipping, but if it works I am happy.....Thanks Yep
Here is what I do when ever I buy a new scoot, I insist the dealer throw in touch up pens of all the paint colors on the bike if they want to sell to me, I've never had them turn me down. I received two pens the matt black and the shiny black when I took position of my F6B. Same thing when I bought two VTX1800c a black & an illusion blue at the same time.

RWS0292
07-20-2016, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=RWS0292;127819]I really appreciate this thread as I now know I'm not the only one that has done this. I stopped at the end of a parking lot to transition to the street. I planted my right foot directly into a pothole and fell over like a falling tree. I was so embarrassed, but it does happen to everyone at least once (or, so I'm told!!). The crash bars did their thing and some black paint corrected most of the damage. She's as stealth as ever![/QUOTE

Iwish I could say it happened just once, each time it was on the side stand, I was never on the bike .:shhh:

Well, my dumb@$$ was firmly planted in the seat. I ended up on my back looking up! I haven't had a side stand incident and I'm knocking on wood as we speak...

RWS0292
07-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Yep
Here is what I do when ever I buy a new scoot, I insist the dealer throw in touch up pens of all the paint colors on the bike if they want to sell to me, I've never had them turn me down. I received two pens the matt black and the shiny black when I took position of my F6B. Same thing when I bought two VTX1800c a black & an illusion blue at the same time.

That's a great idea. You don't think about scratches and mishaps until it actually happens. That's forward thinking for sure.

Pap
07-20-2016, 02:00 PM
A few weeks ago I parked my bike in the garage when I got home from work.
When I entered the next day, it was on its side. Looked like the kickstand wasn't extended all the way forward.
It hit my son's pedal bike. put a couple little scratches around the mirror, nothing else.

JohnnyB
07-21-2016, 05:45 PM
While backing out of the building yesterday I lost my footing at the bottom of the ramp and it happened! There is a very slight incline into the building and I have almost lost it a couple of times when leaving early in the morning and slipping on the wet grass when transitioning from the ramp. Yesterday was dry and beautiful but when reaching the bottom my left foot bumped into the foot-peg while backing and I wasn't able to get it repositioned and planted before the "Starship" went over on it's left side. Luckily it was in the grass and as designed laid over on the crash bars. No harm, no foul. I did the "Goldwing walk" to right it and brushed off the grass and was on my way. We are in the process of re-designing the entire back yard over the summer so there will some thought put into extending the run off in the area in front of the building so as to ward off any future occurrences of this happening again. If you've haven't picked up your F6B yet, it is not as heavy as one would think but caution and sure footedness are a must.

I try to avoid any gravel where I stop to park. Many times while having to back out of a gravel parking space my boots have slipped many many times and I scramble to get traction before going over. I don't care if your boots have tractor tire tread, you slip because you are really pushing back. Nerve wracking! Now if "available" parking spot is gravel, I will not stop. Another thing that I think is funny, before the B, I went down a steep paved road to the bottom of a dam in North Carolina on my Road King. I stopped at the end of the pavement into some large gravel about the size of eggs. When ready to leave I was "stuck". Seriously it took me about an hour to turn the front wheel about a quarter of an inch at a time until I could finally get out. No way could I back up that super heavy bike in that gravel. Can you tell that I don't like gravel?