PDA

View Full Version : Close call at the ATM

valkmc
05-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Old work partner hàd a close call today! Can't even stop at an ATM anymore
http://www.ocala.com/article/20160515/ARTICLES/160519876/1001/NEWS01?Title=Man-shot-during-robbery-attempt-at-Shores-ATM

Steve 0080
05-15-2016, 03:18 PM
WOW!!! To bad your friend did not carry, there would be one less POS!

shooter
05-15-2016, 04:45 PM
My thoughts exactly Steve.

valkmc
05-15-2016, 05:02 PM
WOW!!! To bad your friend did not carry, there would be one less POS!
He carries a lot. Former correctional officer who is very comfortable with a weapon. Asked why he did not have his on him and he said he screwed up and didn't bring it this morning. Said it will never happen again. Just a shame after 15 years of carrying he did not have it and it is a good reminder for me to never leave home with out it!!!

willtill
05-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Cannot wait to be able to move out of this state, and into another that recognizes the right to self defense in public; via CCW.

dickiedeals
05-15-2016, 06:38 PM
I feel naked if I leave home without my Glock and LCP....Just sayin.....Dickie:popcorn:

shooter
05-15-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm like you Dickie. And I don't go anywhere they are gonna scan me. I carry everywhere. Period. Schools , Churches , etc.

stroguy
05-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Especially at the ATM in my car, the pistol is brought out from hiding and placed in my crotch. It's probably the one place I scan twice if not three times everywhere around the lot. We have had thugs play that game here as well. They don't hold up people at the welfare office.

Brewdog
05-16-2016, 05:12 AM
It seems like 80% of crime committed today is tied to drugs or drug use. I carry all the time. Speaking of concealed carry,
the NRA Show is going on in Lexington KY at the end of this week. Over Eight hundred vendors will be there. Anyone going beside me?

2015F6B
05-16-2016, 06:09 AM
the NRA Show is going on in Lexington KY at the end of this week. Over Eight hundred vendors will be there. Anyone going beside me?

I'm a life member but it's just too far this year . . .

Steve 0080
05-16-2016, 06:23 AM
It seems like 80% of crime committed today is tied to drugs or drug use. I carry all the time. Speaking of concealed carry,

This is why I keep sayin all drugs should be legal. If you could buy your _______ at CVS there would be no crime to speak of, and yes 80% of all crime is drug related in one manner or other!

shooter
05-16-2016, 06:31 AM
Especially at the ATM in my car, the pistol is brought out from hiding and placed in my crotch. It's probably the one place I scan twice if not three times everywhere around the lot. We have had thugs play that game here as well. They don't hold up people at the welfare office.

Like you Stro about getting the gun out. Besides my carry gun I keep a S&W revolver in the car between the seats. When in the car it's tucked into my right leg.

shooter
05-16-2016, 06:33 AM
This is why I keep sayin all drugs should be legal. If you could buy your _______ at CVS there would be no crime to speak of, and yes 80% of all crime is drug related in one manner or other!

Steve I'm sorry , that won't work. They aren't ripping you off for drugs. They need money to buy drugs. That's not gonna change unless CVS is gonna give them away.

53driver
05-16-2016, 06:45 AM

Steve I'm sorry , that won't work. They aren't ripping you off for drugs. They need money to buy drugs. That's not gonna change unless CVS is gonna give them away.

Concur. There's "drug deal" crime and "get money to buy drugs" crime. If MaryJane was legal, the price might come down - I'd have to do a study of Philly street prices vs. Denver shop prices. To my knowledge, CVS & Walgreens aren't in the MJ business in Colorado so we're at "boutique shop" pricing.