PDA

View Full Version : It is still cool

shortleg0521
05-16-2016, 06:17 AM
Man when will it warm up? It,s not that I mind rideing
in cool weather but the Wife hates to go when it,s cool.
I do have to admit any rides great with or with out her.
Dont let her know I said that4057

Steve 0080
05-16-2016, 06:20 AM
I left NC Sun morning @43* and shook like a rag till the sun came up in middle GA... I will be the first to admit FLA is SUPER hot but at least I am
not shaking when I ride, my body thinking it is on a H.D. !!!

Hornblower
05-16-2016, 06:48 AM
I left NC Sun morning @43* and shook like a rag till the sun came up in middle GA... I will be the first to admit FLA is SUPER hot but at least I am

Well, I didn't leave at 2:00 AM like you did but it was still 43 when I left. Here in my later years, I get cold easily so I did some shaking myself. Should have taken my heated gear but being mid-May I thought that was unnecessary. Glad you made it back to Florida OK.

pilotguy299
05-16-2016, 07:20 AM
Dont let her know I said that20858

I was out and about in FredNeck on Saturday, just before it started getting cloudy and dark. Hit Rita's on W South St.

Fla_rider
05-16-2016, 07:21 AM

pilotguy299
05-16-2016, 07:22 AM

53driver
05-16-2016, 07:23 AM
Got down to 60 here last night....had all the windows open.
Actually wore a long sleeve t-shirt for a bit.....
Nice today - high of 83, then soggy through the weekend.

shooter
05-16-2016, 08:28 AM
Dont let her know I said that20858

I'm tellin.

seadog
05-16-2016, 08:49 AM
You Florida boys just have to spend a year in Michigan and then you would be able to dress appropriately for cold weather. I left the house for my recall at 39 degrees, Heavy Cortech Denim motorcycle jacket, Neck Gator, leather chaps, heavy long cuff glove, Full face helmet and although I could tell it was cold outside I wasn't shaking in my boot. You just have to dress for stuff like that and that big old fairing in front of you will do the rest along with that 19 inch Bagger Shield. When it warms up you just put the heavy stuff in the saddlebags and roll on down the highway.

JGF6B
05-16-2016, 08:58 AM
Riding with all that gear on isn't as fun. Sort of like wearing a condom.
I was shivering yesterday. Bring back the warm weather!

Old Ryder
05-16-2016, 09:07 AM

Rode into work this morning at 47--not too bad with the leather, full face and neck warmer. Love that big ole fairing!

wjduke
05-16-2016, 10:07 AM
I didn't even go out yesterday with that wind. Saturday was great. I did the Boston Wounded Vets run, but it was so tedious, stop and go, that I was wiped out when I got home. I wasn't going to fight that wind yesterday...or today either. It feels like winter again.

3Chief
05-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Left Friday with the GF on the back, 80+ sunny and gorgeous here in the great Pacific Northwest... Returned Sunday in the rain/wet we're famous for here. Glad I had my gear with :icon_biggrin:

seadog
05-16-2016, 03:19 PM

You start to feel like you know what Nanook of the north feels like when dressed up for the cold, it isn't my favorite way to ride a motorcycle for sure. Much rather be in the wind on a warm summer day enjoying the scenery and digging on the warm!

GaTeach
05-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Amazing here. Just perfect. Headed out now to explore some back roads. :)

seadog
05-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Amazing here. Just perfect. Headed out now to explore some back roads. :)

Would send some of that warm weather up north so we could ride too. But glad to hear someone is out enjoying their F6B. I am looking forward to this weekend, the weatherman say there will be warm weather for us semi frozen northerners.

F6Dave
05-16-2016, 08:54 PM
Here in Colorado up to a foot of snow is forecast for some mountain areas tonight. There hasn't been much good riding this spring.

Az Wingrider
05-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Weather is what it is all about. Leaving for Utah and Colorado tomorrow. It was 102 here yesterday and snowing in Silverton, Colorado which is on the itinerary. As they say it is not about waiting for the storm to end, its about learning to dance in the rain!!! With all the different gear now available it is all good except ice.

Paul B Blues
05-17-2016, 07:21 AM
Same here guys. One season just blends into another, cold, wet, and very windy :banghead:'freezing-cold''cold';snowshoveling;

53driver
05-17-2016, 07:25 AM
Same here guys. One season just blends into another, cold, wet, and very windy :banghead:'freezing-cold''cold';snowshoveling;

But Paul, at least you have proper scotch distilleries to make things warmer!

Steve 0080
05-17-2016, 07:26 AM
You Florida boys just have to spend a year in Michigan and then you would be able to dress appropriately for cold weather. I left the house for my recall at 39 degrees, Heavy Cortech Denim motorcycle jacket, Neck Gator, leather chaps, heavy long cuff glove, Full face helmet and although I could tell it was cold outside I wasn't shaking in my boot. You just have to dress for stuff like that and that big old fairing in front of you will do the rest along with that 19 inch Bagger Shield. When it warms up you just put the heavy stuff in the saddlebags and roll on down the highway.

I used to ride like this on my H.D. ....just don't like riding like the Michelin Man...you lose some control of the bike...or at least feel that way because you can't move!

Paul B Blues
05-17-2016, 09:51 AM
But Paul, at least you have proper scotch distilleries to make things warmer!

Indeed we do my friend, and the contents of my drinks cupboard are getting a good basing these days..... :tequila:

53driver
05-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Indeed we do my friend, and the contents of my drinks cupboard are getting a good basing these days..... :tequila:

I'm coming over to visit....I'm having peaty single malt withdrawal symptoms.....

Paul B Blues
05-17-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm coming over to visit....I'm having peaty single malt withdrawal symptoms.....

If you are coming over, give me a shout before hand. I'm sure we can find you plenty of malt to keep you going "KiltSmiley"

53driver
05-17-2016, 01:19 PM
If you are coming over, give me a shout before hand. I'm sure we can find you plenty of malt to keep you going "KiltSmiley"

Yes, when I come over - maybe as early as August, I'll let you know.
I'll bring my kilt as well. We'll rock the county.

Paul B Blues
05-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Yes, when I come over - maybe as early as August, I'll let you know.
I'll bring my kilt as well. We'll rock the county.

Excellent, keep in touch, and you might need some long socks! Going to be a cold summer apparently!! 'windy'

shortleg0521
05-18-2016, 03:52 PM
I was out and about in FredNeck on Saturday, just before it started getting cloudy and dark. Hit Rita's on W South St.
If it's nice one day we should ride my friend.
Would be cool two F6Bs at a time.
I have only seen one other on the road.
Just like when I had my Valkyrie

pilotguy299
05-18-2016, 06:43 PM
If it's nice one day we should ride my friend.
Would be cool two F6Bs at a time.
I have only seen one other on the road.
Just like when I had my Valkyrie

Def!

There are a couple in our area, just don't see them out regularly.

I was out for about four hours this morning, and thought I saw a black F6B heading south on 355 near the battlefield. But I was zoned on music and not really paying attention to traffic heading the other way, so it might have been a full wing...