PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good Deal for $205

Fla_rider
05-16-2016, 09:39 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Sena-20S-01-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Communication/dp/B00KJGPN2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463409393&sr=8-1&keywords=sena+20s-01

coffee_weasle
05-16-2016, 12:08 PM
you can buy a dual-pack for just under $380

Fla_rider
05-16-2016, 12:13 PM
My old lady doesn't want to hear me and vis versa! I got the 6 not to listen to her say "You never talk anymore" :shhh:

coffee_weasle
05-16-2016, 12:17 PM
:lolup:

seadog
05-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Where have I heard that before, my little woman won't go near the B all I hear from her is that your toy! Fine by me more room for my luggage, I would rather have Kuryakyn riding bitch, it doesn't say much or interrupt my thoughts.:crackup::crackup:

3Chief
05-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Where have I heard that before, my little woman won't go near the B all I hear from her is that your toy! Fine by me more room for my luggage, I would rather have Kuryakyn riding bitch, it doesn't say much or interrupt my thoughts.:crackup::crackup:

:lolup:

Steve 0080
05-16-2016, 10:25 PM
I paid $205 and that is a great deal...nice unit...I was connected to 3 other units this past weekend and we all talked w/o issue. As normal conversations go there were time when we all spoke at the same time and I could here all voices clearly !!! If you look at the directions you would need some type of Dr's degree to understand the instructions...watch youtube and it is easier!!!

I would buy again !And yes get your wife one!!!!! :icon_frown: You don't have to hook the two together but she can enjoy her music !

MisterB
05-16-2016, 10:48 PM
I paid $205 and that is a great deal...nice unit...I was connected to 3 other units this past weekend and we all talked w/o issue. As normal conversations go there were time when we all spoke at the same time and I could here all voices clearly !!! If you look at the directions you would need some type of Dr's degree to understand the instructions...watch youtube and it is easier!!!

I would buy again !And yes get your wife one!!!!! :icon_frown: You don't have to hook the two together but she can enjoy her music !

I'm pretty sure that book could be condensed to a 3x5 card but damn they make it waaay harder than it needs to be by all of the use scenarios. I've had more luck simply following the voice prompts than reading the manual. Nice tip on the youtube! I am considering just leaving a separate window open at all times for youtube reference. I need to remember to check there first for pretty much everything.

Fla_Rider, It seems like those were a lot more when they came out. It's the latest model and works with the smartphone app. Here's the product page: http://www.sena.com/product/20s/
I could never get my music to sound great*, then I got the B and don't want it anyway cuz I prefer the onboard sound system, but man, for bike to bike or if you need to talk on the phone it is the bomb.
Used the universal connect to a friend's BT helmet system, and we rode most of the day and never had a problem. Amazing range for low-power device. Not like CB, but line-of-sight is probably 1/4 mile.
You can set the VOX control to mute transmit until you talk to save batteries.
Also, if your phone is connected all you have to do is say "hello" and it will answer it.

*didn't like the speakers so close to my ears so I skipped the spacers and have very little bass. My personal helmet comfort preference, YMMV.

Fla_rider
05-17-2016, 06:21 AM

Bullshit she has her Iphone! "coffee" remember she made me un-install $500 of direct connect gear.

Fla_rider
05-17-2016, 06:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that book could be condensed to a 3x5 card but damn they make it waaay harder than it needs to be by all of the use scenarios. I've had more luck simply following the voice prompts than reading the manual. Nice tip on the youtube! I am considering just leaving a separate window open at all times for youtube reference. I need to remember to check there first for pretty much everything.

Fla_Rider, It seems like those were a lot more when they came out. It's the latest model and works with the smartphone app. Here's the product page: http://www.sena.com/product/20s/
I could never get my music to sound great*, then I got the B and don't want it anyway cuz I prefer the onboard sound system, but man, for bike to bike or if you need to talk on the phone it is the bomb.
Used the universal connect to a friend's BT helmet system, and we rode most of the day and never had a problem. Amazing range for low-power device. Not like CB, but line-of-sight is probably 1/4 mile.
You can set the VOX control to mute transmit until you talk to save batteries.
Also, if your phone is connected all you have to do is say "hello" and it will answer it.

*didn't like the speakers so close to my ears so I skipped the spacers and have very little bass. My personal helmet comfort preference, YMMV.

actually for the most part I am looking at it to replace my speakers. In the past these BT systems never had enough battery time if you were playing music all day. But this pair I've heard has good battery time. I want to be able to answer my phone I get calls on my way home alot. So answer phone, listen to Pandora, and scream at Steve when he's driving too fast!