PDA

View Full Version : NYPD crushing motorcycles

jm21ddd15
05-17-2016, 08:02 PM
Just happened to check the news, and saw the NYPD crushing about 70 motorcycles with 2 bulldozers. Apparently, some hell raisers riding the city got their bikes confiscated, and the PD had them crushed. They looked like dirt bikes, and crotch rockets, and I saw no big touring bikes, in the crushed pile. These guys/gals, or who ever, give us all a bad name and image, when they do their stupid stunts on the streets of the Big Apple. Hate to see the bikes smashed, but those people shouldn't be on them. Their pranks cause legislatures to pass more restrictions on the rest of us. JMO

stroguy
05-17-2016, 08:08 PM
Anything about 'due process'? Were they proven guilty of a crime? I hate these Knievel types as well.......but......

jm21ddd15
05-17-2016, 08:15 PM
The news story I saw didn't get into much about that. It said the bikes had been rounded up from arrests, etc,, people with no cycle licences, doing "group" rides violating every law they could. I don't know about that stuff, just, that I saw the bulldozers driving over the bikes. Seems like a waste of bikes.

stroguy
05-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Definitely a waste. A city wasting what could have been revenue for the taxpayers or possibly donations to mechanical or trade schools. Wonder how they are doing at rounding up those nasty cigarette sellers? Busting 44 gulpers?

choptop
05-17-2016, 08:41 PM
I read every day about the big cities and the sht that goes on and I thank God I am a small town boy, ok, old guy. Spent my 17 or so years in the Twin Cities, all over the metro and it was so nice to come home to 350 people, most of which I don't know. :icon_lol:

shortleg0521
05-18-2016, 06:42 AM
Just happened to check the news, and saw the NYPD crushing about 70 motorcycles with 2 bulldozers. Apparently, some hell raisers riding the city got their bikes confiscated, and the PD had them crushed. They looked like dirt bikes, and crotch rockets, and I saw no big touring bikes, in the crushed pile. These guys/gals, or who ever, give us all a bad name and image, when they do their stupid stunts on the streets of the Big Apple. Hate to see the bikes smashed, but those people shouldn't be on them. Their pranks cause legislatures to pass more restrictions on the rest of us. JMO
Here in Baltimore there are groups of young guys that tear through the area
doing their stunts in traffic on city streets with no license and no reguard
For others.
This is where most of the bikes come from here.
shortleg

willtill
05-18-2016, 07:01 AM
Here in Baltimore there are groups of young guys that tear through the area
doing their stunts in traffic on city streets with no license and no reguard
For others.
This is where most of the bikes come from here.
shortleg

Yep. The 12 o'clock boys and their wannabie followers. Absolute chaos in Bloodymore... shootings, dirt bike riding through the streets, muggings, drugs, floaters in the harbor, loss of industry... you name it.. Baltimorgue has it.

Why it's called "Charm City" is completely lost on me.

Baltimore is a long administered and liberal democratic city that is following Detroit's demise.

:icon_rolleyes:

Retired Army
05-18-2016, 08:00 AM
The establishment have no problem auctioning off confiscated exotic cars. Dirt bikes, and crotch rockets not so much.

jaygollner
05-18-2016, 11:07 AM
NEW YORK (AP) — Police crushed about 70 motorbikes beneath bulldozers Tuesday to send a signal to thrill-seekers who take dirt bikes and ATVs to city streets: They should be uneasy riders.

The public pulverizing spotlighted a New York Police Department crackdown on renegade riders, often young, unlicensed drivers who zoom and spin through some neighborhoods on bikes that aren't street-legal.

"We want to send out a very strong message to the nitwits and knuckleheads who insist on operating these vehicles on the streets," Police Commissioner William Bratton said Tuesday. They are "creating extraordinary dangers for not only themselves, but for the public."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/8980286a26c2425c9c090731ca551fed/crushin-it-nypd-uses-bulldozers-wreck-renegade-cycles

willtill
05-18-2016, 12:50 PM
#dirtbikelivesmatter

53driver
05-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Actually quite a pity - could have used some of those for MSF training....

unsub
05-18-2016, 05:53 PM
A bit of showmanship on behalf of the NYPD. These bikes were disposable in the first place. That's why most of them lie unclaimed. The nitwits will source out another bike, either stolen and or traded or sold off cheap for drug debts...the only lessons learned here are the NYPD learning that this won't make a difference.