PDA

View Full Version : Will this fit in our F6B's saddlebag as intended?

willtill
05-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Been tempted to buy one of these... but I am concerned about the actual height of it. From all of my measuring thus far; seems that it may barely fit at all

http://i63.tinypic.com/hx0uwy.jpg

shooter
05-18-2016, 04:37 PM
That's the one specifically made for the Harley with the slant in the back of the bags.

53driver
05-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Get some spare cardboard and mock it up. 6x7x10.25 and see what it does.

GaTeach
05-18-2016, 05:55 PM
I dismantled a vacuum cleaner the other day and fit it in my bags. Just sayin

willtill
05-18-2016, 06:15 PM
I dismantled a vacuum cleaner the other day and fit it in my bags. Just sayin

Can't really take a plastic fuel can apart... but thanks for thinking outside of the envelope here... :icon_mrgreen:

It's not for much for me... but sometimes (infrequently in the past) I have come across a fellow motorcyclist out of gas.

Of course it's insurance for me as well.

Get some spare cardboard and mock it up. 6x7x10.25 and see what it does.

I could mock it up but the clearance is already so tight from my measurements (for the height) that I don't think it will really give me a definite answer.

That's the one specifically made for the Harley with the slant in the back of the bags.

Well, our sponsor's website says it's for a Goldwing.... so was hoping that someone has already tried (and succeeded) with this in the rear of their F6B's saddlebags.

I hate sending stuff back :icon_frown:

53driver
05-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Give Wingstuff a call and see if they can waddle out to a bike, insert the can, and take a picture of it.

willtill
05-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Give Wingstuff a call and see if they can waddle out to a bike, insert the can, and take a picture of it.

I think I will do that. Tomorrow.

Is Wingstuff fat? :icon_mrgreen:

53driver
05-18-2016, 07:05 PM
I think I will do that. Tomorrow.

Is Wingstuff fat? :icon_mrgreen:

HR PufnStuff wasn't small.....

xgringo
05-18-2016, 07:39 PM
I have one and it fits in the left bag almost the way it is supposed to but not in the right bag. I never took it on a trip as I just had reservations about it. Besides, on a trip I always look for gas at half full. Two reasons for this, firstly it avoids running out of gas and secondly if you get a tank of bad gas it's only half a tank of bad gas.

willtill
05-18-2016, 08:41 PM
I have one and it fits in the left bag almost the way it is supposed to but not in the right bag. I never took it on a trip as I just had reservations about it. Besides, on a trip I always look for gas at half full. Two reasons for this, firstly it avoids running out of gas and secondly if you get a tank of bad gas it's only half a tank of bad gas.

Thanks for that. :yes: I never measured my left bag.... only the right bag. :icon_frown:

53driver
05-18-2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks for that. :yes: I never measured my left bag.... only the right bag. :icon_frown:

I think my left one is slightly lower than my right one.....:yikes:

Felloverboard
05-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Why would I want something explosive at the rear end of the bike...... just sayin. Quite a few accidents are people hitting someone in the back.

Vondawg
05-18-2016, 09:45 PM
I think he stated why he wanted it....not if you wanted one. This is the place to get the answer he was seeking.

Dave Ritsema
05-19-2016, 06:24 AM
I carry a gas can on my bike, but it is empty. Just can't see having a gallon of gas sloshing around back there in an unvented space. But I do like the idea of having a can in case someone runs out of gas. I use this one. It is a single use, cardboard with a plastic spout. Kind of reminds me a bit of a milk carton. about an inch thick and maybe 14 inches long.

willtill
05-19-2016, 11:36 AM
Why would I want something explosive at the rear end of the bike...... just sayin. Quite a few accidents are people hitting someone in the back.

If I get rear ended that hard; I think that one gallon gas jug back there would be the least of my worries... and doubtful it'll detonate/explode like munitions would.

I carry a gas can on my bike, but it is empty. Just can't see having a gallon of gas sloshing around back there in an unvented space. But I do like the idea of having a can in case someone runs out of gas. I use this one. It is a single use, cardboard with a plastic spout. Kind of reminds me a bit of a milk carton. about an inch thick and maybe 14 inches long.

I have NEVER seen a disposable gas can/carton/jug such as that before... that is pretty :icon_cool:

Dave Ritsema
05-19-2016, 02:35 PM
If I get rear ended that hard; I think that one gallon gas jug back there would be the least of my worries... and doubtful it'll detonate/explode like munitions would.

I have NEVER seen a disposable gas can/carton/jug such as that before... that is pretty :icon_cool:

http://itzagascan.com/

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0810/1975/t/3/assets/home_ad_1.jpg?8892769980831499696

jaygollner
05-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Why mess with gas cans at all, I keep this in my saddle bag, One siphon and a empty oil quart. If a bike runs out of gas you can always get a little from the next bike. A quart ought to be good for almost ten miles.

Dave Ritsema
05-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Why mess with gas cans at all, I keep this in my saddle bag, One siphon and a empty oil quart. If a bike runs out of gas you can always get a little from the next bike. A quart ought to be good for almost ten miles.

Great idea!

Brasco
05-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Another option I've used for years is to get a simple camping fuel cylinder from an outdoors store. No issues dealing with bulky containers and odd shapes. Then just carry a few disposable fast funnels to avoid spillage and you're good to go.

willtill
05-20-2016, 07:33 AM

Another option I've used for years is to get a simple camping fuel cylinder from an outdoors store. No issues dealing with bulky containers and odd shapes. Then just carry a few disposable fast funnels to avoid spillage and you're good to go.

Both good, alternative options as well :yes:

Call me weird... but I am just fixated on that unorthodox shape of the Reda Gas can and how it's "supposed" to fit into the unusually proportioned rear area of the F6B's saddlebag. I guess it's sort of the "minimalist" coming out of me... I want to use ALL of that abstract rear area of the saddlebag :shock:

zeus661
05-20-2016, 07:55 AM
Yes they do fit. I have two but have not used them with the B

Audiochris90
05-20-2016, 08:12 AM
You guys use gasoline in the bike? Mine uses rocket fuel.:stirthepot:

Wing'n it
05-20-2016, 08:49 AM
You guys use gasoline in the bike? Mine uses rocket fuel.:stirthepot:

Wow that's even harder to come by than gas,... I guess? Around me there is a gas station on every corner but out west maybe not so much.