PDA

View Full Version : Being assimilated to the Darkside

willtill
05-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Well... this is a momentous step in my life; as far as motorcycling is concerned

http://i63.tinypic.com/mtb1bo.jpg

It just arrived; finally... from Canada. Easier getting weed from Mexico; as compared to getting a tire from Canda these days... :icon_lol:

Hope I don't burst into a ball of flame and fiery brimstone; while on my first ride with it.

Now... just got to find someone whom will mount it on the wheel for me. :shock:

DMAGOLDRDR
05-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Take it anywhere, IF they ask just tell them it is for a trike.
Too many guys give out too much info and start with the question,, will you mount a car tire on my motorcycle rim. That usually raises issues.

53driver
05-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Being assimilated to the Darkside

Okay - just stop! There's no reason to confuse the Borg Assimilation doctrine with the Dark Side of the Force.

You may now proceed with mounting your tire...

Vondawg
05-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Ooooooo all that rubber and tread,

shooter
05-19-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure what Will's ass simulated but that's a good looking tire.

nvmyf6
05-20-2016, 04:10 AM
That is AWESOME !! 'all/right'

I can't wait to read your ride report.

pilotguy299
05-20-2016, 06:28 AM
Which one did you get?

I think that you will like it once it is on, and you have ridden it for a couple of hundred miles.

I haven't gone dark side on my F6B yet, but did on the VTX. It was a little weird at first, but I had been warned to not form an opinion on it until I had some miles on the tire.

After about 500 miles I really got used to how it handled with the GYTT on the back. Ruts in the road were a pain, but boy did the tire add stopping power to the bike. A couple of times I had to lock it up because of cagers doing stupid things without warning, and not once did the rear end let loose on me. I put on over 13,000 miles on that tire before I traded the VTX in on the F6B, and it still looked like new.

Are you planning on going double dark?

willtill
05-20-2016, 06:43 AM
Which one did you get?

I think that you will like it once it is on, and you have ridden it for a couple of hundred miles.

I haven't gone dark side on my F6B yet, but did on the VTX. It was a little weird at first, but I had been warned to not form an opinion on it until I had some miles on the tire.

After about 500 miles I really got used to how it handled with the GYTT on the back. Ruts in the road were a pain, but boy did the tire add stopping power to the bike. A couple of times I had to lock it up because of cagers doing stupid things without warning, and not once did the rear end let loose on me. I put on over 13,000 miles on that tire before I traded the VTX in on the F6B, and it still looked like new.

Are you planning on going double dark?

I bought a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3... after much internal debate concerning what tire to try.

1010tires.com is where I purchased it from... pulled from their website: Increased traction at low temperatures for improved braking and handling in the wet and better overall performance in the snow, all the result of the revolutionary Helio CompoundTM, with sunflower oil.

I am aware of the sensation of ruts pulling the rear of the bike; felt that sensation a bit while running that big 240 tire on my Rocket III. And am sure as you said above; it will be more pronounced with a car tire so I am prepared/expecting/resigning myself to that. Not a show stopper for me though....

One thing that I noticed with the Michelin tire... is how HEAVY it is... I am going to weigh it with my game scale... I think it's about 25 pounds... :shock:

Only "double darkside" that I would consider... if I was going to trike this thing :icon_lol:

willtill
05-20-2016, 07:06 AM
Yup!

http://i64.tinypic.com/ekhjmg.jpg

Steve 0080
05-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Your going to love it !!!!! Run 34*... you will be fine...no "fireybat"

willtill
05-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Your going to love it !!!!! Run 34*... you will be fine...no "fireybat"

Yep... plan to experiment with pressure in about that range... was going to start at 32psi

nvmyf6
05-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Yep... plan to experiment with pressure in about that range... was going to start at 32psi

Yep, that's what I run.
You are going to really like this tire. :biggthumpup:

pilotguy299
05-23-2016, 04:50 PM

Only "double darkside" that I would consider... if I was going to trike this thing :icon_lol:

Why so? I did that on my VTX and it works well. Probably going to do the same on the F6B.

willtill
05-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Why so? I did that on my VTX and it works well. Probably going to do the same on the F6B.

Baby steps. For me. My personal universe is currently experiencing a tear; with my intentions of mounting a car tire on the rear.... :shhh:

pilotguy299
05-24-2016, 12:01 PM
Well this morning I put on the Bridgestone tire & wheel I bought from Madmax, and I found a huge disadvantage to going darkside. Not that I didn't know it before, because I had the same experience on my VTX.

I ride a hell of a lot more aggressively!

Running it at 40psi to start, and we'll see how it goes.

seadog
05-24-2016, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure what Will's ass simulated but that's a good looking tire.

If you're mounting it on a Buick. JMHO The Borg is coming to get you darksiders.

bob109
05-24-2016, 08:24 PM
If you're mounting it on a Buick. JMHO The Borg is coming to get you darksiders.

:shhh: All of the other "Nay Sayers" of the "Dark Side" have gone the way of the Dinosaurs:icon_wink: Just turned 48K miles on my 6 and all of those miles except for 1190 are on a General G-Max Car Tire:icon_biggrin: Currently on my second one and have two spares remaining. I anticipate hitting the 100K mile mark with the G-Max's and be in flames the entire time:yikes:

shooter
05-24-2016, 08:24 PM
BRING IT!!!!!! The Borg don't scare me. They don't call me SHOOTER for nothing!!!

willtill
05-24-2016, 08:27 PM
BRING IT!!!!!! The Borg don't scare me. They don't call me SHOOTER for nothing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FGvMdhG80

:shhh:

shooter
05-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Dog , remember this , they told Columbus he would fall off the edge. They told the Wright Brothers they couldn't fly. They said man would never walk on the moon. They said Obama would never win a second term. And someone told Bruce Jenner he would never find a pair of black pumps in size 13. We all know that "They" were wrong on all counts. The Darkside naysayers are wrong also. I bet I could put that Alpin on your bike and if you.didn't look under there you would never know.

Davidk
05-24-2016, 08:44 PM
And someone told Bruce Jenner he would never find a pair of black pumps in size 13.

HAHAHAHA... I don't care who you are, that right there is funny. I hear he, she, it is looking at men's shoes again. LOL

shooter
05-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Will I thought I was done buying handguns. I've sold some and I've given my son a dozen or so. Then Sig came out with a P220 in 10mm. Then they offered in a Stainless Elite with Rosewood grips. Since I have the 45acp version of that I had to have the 10. It delivers a 220 grain flat nose bullet at 1200 fps. That's 703 ft lbs of knockdown power for The Borg. I like that 10.

nvmyf6
05-24-2016, 08:51 PM
I bet I could put that Alpin on your bike and if you.didn't look under there you would never know.

Exactly right :biggthumpup:

shooter
05-24-2016, 08:53 PM
HAHAHAHA... I don't care who you are, that right there is funny. I hear he, she, it is looking at men's shoes again. LOL

No shyt?? He's gonna have a hard time finding a girlfriend now.

Steve 0080
05-25-2016, 06:50 AM
Exactly right :biggthumpup:

+2 !!!

seadog
05-25-2016, 07:06 AM
No shyt?? He's gonna have a hard time finding a girlfriend now.

Some girls like combat boots!