PDA

View Full Version : A Fond Farewell

Stick
05-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Dropping in to say so long. That thread of "What are the ages of F6B riders" sez it all. I'm now in that 2% catagory of 71+. I was seeing the signs of potential age related problems so made the change to 3 wheels. (Am I going backwards?!!). 3 wheels are not the fun of two (in my opinion) but they keep me on the road! My beautiful orange and black Deluxe, lookin and running like new, is now resting at IMotorsports in Elmhurst, Illinois. 8500 miles. $13999. She's a gem.
Best wishes to all. Ride safe, have fun and we'll see ya down the road - -Stick
:039:

Pap
05-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Good luck on your new ride! Glad you still are riding! Be safe

53driver
05-20-2016, 06:34 PM
Everyone should be as "self-assessing" as you are Stick.
Good on you for taking measures before an "incident" generated pesky paperwork - or worse.

We all know that there are a lot of people driving cars that shouldn't be.

My daughters have strict orders to let me know if I become an unsafe driver - assuming I don't see it first and do something about it.
Because I know I'm not going to listen to my wife if she says it.....

Anyway - keep the faith and enjoy the wind in your hair - whatever is left of it!
Cheers,
Steve

grendl
05-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Best Wishes ,Stick. Three may not be the same fun but you are still out there riding. No need to stay away holler every now and then. I'm sure a lot of us would like a pic or two of your trike...

seadog
05-20-2016, 06:43 PM
3 wheels is still better than no wheels and they are making some pretty nice 3 wheelers this days.

nvmyf6
05-20-2016, 07:04 PM
:cheers: here's to Stick, and 3 wheels is just fine.
When I get lucky enough to get 71+, that may be my decision as well, because I too am a rider 'riding'

Be safe Stick, and ride on ;roughrider;

ShanghaiDan
05-20-2016, 07:47 PM
It's better to die in your sleep, peacefully. Like my grandfather.

Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

opas ride
05-20-2016, 08:25 PM
So far the good Lord has watched over my health and I count my blessings everyday...Although I just finished a 9 week Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer, I feel pretty good and the Dr. feels confident I will do okay...At 76 I still ride, with good confidence, my F6B and hope to for a few more years...My best riding buddy went to a 3-wheeler a few years ago but now, due to lung problems, he has given up riding altogether at almost 80...I am not sure what the future holds for me as it relates to riding motorcycles, but I am glad for those that make the decision to continue to ride using 3 wheels.....Enjoy it while you can as life goes by very, very fast as one ages....Ride safe

Stick
05-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Thank you, guys, for dropping in. If I go buy that thing back, I'll let y'all know!!

My new plate reads: 2 B4

lgjhn
05-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Thank you, guys, for dropping in. If I go buy that thing back, I'll let y'all know!!

Hennigan makes a petty sweet trike conversion for the F6....just sayin'.

maxrider
05-20-2016, 10:13 PM
Yup started out with a 3 wheeler :), good for you on your decision, hope to get there as well.

Be safe.

CopperMike
05-21-2016, 12:17 AM
Passion for riding is a passion that does not dwindle. 2 wheels or 3 wheels or sometimes 4 with the right attitude is still a passion that can only be fulfilled by wind flowing past you feeling connected with the world at speed.

SimonTemplar
05-21-2016, 01:14 AM
Stick around.....we won't hold the trike against you!

....sT

choptop
05-21-2016, 04:16 AM
:yes:
So far the good Lord has watched over my health and I count my blessings everyday...Although I just finished a 9 week Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer, I feel pretty good and the Dr. feels confident I will do okay...At 76 I still ride, with good confidence, my F6B and hope to for a few more years...My best riding buddy went to a 3-wheeler a few years ago but now, due to lung problems, he has given up riding altogether at almost 80...I am not sure what the future holds for me as it relates to riding motorcycles, but I am glad for those that make the decision to continue to ride using 3 wheels.....Enjoy it while you can as life goes by very, very fast as one ages....Ride safe

choptop
05-21-2016, 04:17 AM

:yes::yes:

Hornblower
05-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Hey, Stick, I may have missed it but did you mention which 3-wheeler you went with? I do hope you will find enjoyment with whatever you got. I imagine there are 3-wheelers in many of our futures.

MotoMike
05-22-2016, 01:23 PM
I wish you wind in the face and good horizons whatever you choose to motate on. Cheers.

wiggy
05-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Best of luck to you, Stick. Nothing at all wrong with your decision to add a wheel! Be safe!

Stick
05-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Hey, Stick, I may have missed it but did you mention which 3-wheeler you went with? I do hope you will find enjoyment with whatever you got. I imagine there are 3-wheelers in many of our futures.
Hey Hornblower - since you asked, I went with a Spyder. The RT model, touring model. I had triked a Valkyrie before the B, and didn't love it. Not as cool lookin, but ground up design for the Spyder sounded good. It sure is a different animal, but I'm in the process of adjusting. Thanks for your interest and thanks to all for a mighty nice send off!!!
Stick

Hornblower
05-24-2016, 06:13 PM
Hey Hornblower - since you asked, I went with a Spyder. The RT model, touring model. I had triked a Valkyrie before the B, and didn't love it. Not as cool lookin, but ground up design for the Spyder sounded good. It sure is a different animal, but I'm in the process of adjusting. Thanks for your interest and thanks to all for a mighty nice send off!!!
Stick

Good to hear! One of my riding buddies and previous "B" owner is Deerslayer and his transition to the Spyder has gone well. He went through quite a learning curve but has worked on it and is riding pretty fast. I don't usually have to wait much at all for him. Hope you enjoy yours just as much!

unsub
05-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Dropping in to say so long. That thread of "What are the ages of F6B riders" sez it all. I'm now in that 2% catagory of 71+. I was seeing the signs of potential age related problems so made the change to 3 wheels. (Am I going backwards?!!). 3 wheels are not the fun of two (in my opinion) but they keep me on the road! My beautiful orange and black Deluxe, lookin and running like new, is now resting at IMotorsports in Elmhurst, Illinois. 8500 miles. $13999. She's a gem.
Best wishes to all. Ride safe, have fun and we'll see ya down the road - -Stick
:039:

All the best Stick. Only you can determine what's best for you, BUT stay busy. Two positive aspects of riding is the camaraderie for the soul and mind, and the energy required to ride does wonders for the body. Even if you feel tight and stiff and the end of the day your body and mind thank you for it.

Take care.