PDA

View Full Version : Kabuto Ibuki Helmet

Necanefan
05-20-2016, 08:31 PM
I've been using a Nolan N90 modular helmet for 4-5 years now and decided to buy a new modular. I never was happy with the fit of my Nolan as it caused a pressure point in the center of my forehead. I ordered a Scorpion EXO 900x on sale at Revzilla for $129. Unfortunately, the helmet didn't fit me very well at all.
I returned it and ordered a Kabuto Ibuki modular in pearl white. Wow! I love this helmet. It is, by far, the most comfortable modular helmet I've ever worn. It is also the lightest modular I've ever worn at 3 lbs 9 oz. it is very noticibly lighter than both the Nolan and the Scorpion. I know everyone's head is shaped differently and each person will have their own preference, but I have finally found my helmet bliss with the Kabuto. It only took me 30 years to find modular or full face helmet that is comfortable.
To make it even better, Revzilla price matched the helmet for me at $248.82. 20926

Hornblower
05-21-2016, 07:39 AM
:agree:, the Kabuto Ibuki is the best helmet I've ever owned and I've had many over the past 45 years or so. It does everything well! I bought mine earlier and paid almost double what you're seeing now. IMHO, that makes it an awesome buy!

willtill
05-21-2016, 08:07 AM
I have one too (recently acquired for $249.00) :yes:

I went back to 2wheels.com to try and buy another... sadly they are all sold out now. :icon_frown:

53driver
05-21-2016, 08:39 AM
I have one too (recently acquired for $249.00) :yes:

I went back to 2wheels.com to try and buy another... sadly they are all sold out now. :icon_frown:

I did too! Tried it on and it fit well. Didn't take it on my recent trip (just in case something was askew) and it is still in the box somewhere.....I need to go find it!

Airborne06
05-21-2016, 10:51 AM
I've been using a Nolan N90 modular helmet for 4-5 years now and decided to buy a new modular. I never was happy with the fit of my Nolan as it caused a pressure point in the center of my forehead. I ordered a Scorpion EXO 900x on sale at Revzilla for $129. Unfortunately, the helmet didn't fit me very well at all.
I returned it and ordered a Kabuto Ibuki modular in pearl white. Wow! I love this helmet. It is, by far, the most comfortable modular helmet I've ever worn. It is also the lightest modular I've ever worn at 3 lbs 9 oz. it is very noticibly lighter than both the Nolan and the Scorpion. I know everyone's head is shaped differently and each person will have their own preference, but I have finally found my helmet bliss with the Kabuto. It only took me 30 years to find modular or full face helmet that is comfortable.
To make it even better, Revzilla price matched the helmet for me at $248.82. 20926

That is fantastic! No matter how great the bike fits you, or how incredible the riding is, if your helmet is uncomfortable it's no good. I haven't been able to find a helmet that is totally comfortable for me since I had my Arai Quantum II. I've tried many....Shoei, HJC, Bell, Scorpion, Nolan, etc. Just can't quite get a perfect fit. I guess I have a round head! I may have to give the Kabuto a try...especially for the price! I must have 12-15 helmets sitting on shelves in my garage...along with all the seats, windshields, exhaust systems and various other parts/accessories. :shock:

Necanefan
05-21-2016, 01:37 PM
I like the Kabuto so much, I just bought a second one in red to match my F6B. I BOUGHT IT NEW ON EBAY FOR $102 !! When I bought it 5 minutes ago, there were 2 left. Both large in shiny red. The next best price I've seen anywhere is $246. Someone should jump on this deal while it is still there. (Seemed to be a reputable seller based on ratings and number of transactions). Free shipping. Seller was motorcyclegear2.

BIGLRY
05-21-2016, 03:41 PM
I like the Kabuto so much, I just bought a second one in red to match my F6B. I BOUGHT IT NEW ON EBAY FOR $102 !! When I bought it 5 minutes ago, there were 2 left. Both large in shiny red. The next best price I've seen anywhere is $246. Someone should jump on this deal while it is still there. (Seemed to be a reputable seller based on ratings and number of transactions). Free shipping. Seller was motorcyclegear2.At that price I took a chance and ordered the 2x. This skid lid might fit my big melon, if not I know it will fit someone. The Scorpion EXO I bought last yr was to tight in the cheeks, but I think the new owner loves it.
As to being red...well red and black do look good together :icon_lol:
http://kabutousa.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/kabuto/files/74-1205.jpg

Necanefan
05-21-2016, 03:55 PM
At that price I took a chance and ordered the 2x. This skid lid might fit my big melon, if not I know it will fit someone. The Scorpion EXO I bought last yr was to tight in the cheeks, but I think the new owner loves it.
As to being red...well red and black do look good together :icon_lol:
http://kabutousa.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/kabuto/files/74-1205.jpg

Did you get it at the $102 price?

willtill
05-21-2016, 03:58 PM
I like the Kabuto so much, I just bought a second one in red to match my F6B. I BOUGHT IT NEW ON EBAY FOR $102 !! When I bought it 5 minutes ago, there were 2 left. Both large in shiny red. The next best price I've seen anywhere is $246. Someone should jump on this deal while it is still there. (Seemed to be a reputable seller based on ratings and number of transactions). Free shipping. Seller was motorcyclegear2.

That is a Helluva deal !!!! :yes:

Hornblower
05-21-2016, 04:09 PM
I just bought the remaining one for $102. That's a crazy deal so I'm just hoping the seller is on-the-level. Considering I paid over $400 for my first one from Revzilla, this seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true situations. We'll see!

Necanefan
05-21-2016, 04:44 PM
I just bought the remaining one for $102. That's a crazy deal so I'm just hoping the seller is on-the-level. Considering I paid over $400 for my first one from Revzilla, this seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true situations. We'll see!

I'm glad you got it! That is an awesome price. Mine is scheduled to arrive by the 26th

Jimmytee
05-21-2016, 07:52 PM

So you have had one of these for some time? How is the noise level?

Hornblower
05-21-2016, 08:05 PM
So you have had one of these for some time? How is the noise level?

Quieter than any of my previous Shoei or Arai helmets were. Haven't had a Schuberth so I can't compare to that. Generally speaking though, the better ventilation a helmet has, the noisier it is. Considering the great ventilation of the Ibuki, I think it's pretty exceptional.

zzh54
05-21-2016, 08:26 PM
You guys are bad for my "ccsmiley" . Was looking for a new helmet and at this great price ( and Ken's expertise ) I found the same in xl to fit.

Thanks for the heads up

airfreek
05-21-2016, 08:33 PM
That is fantastic! No matter how great the bike fits you, or how incredible the riding is, if your helmet is uncomfortable it's no good. I haven't been able to find a helmet that is totally comfortable for me since I had my Arai Quantum II. I've tried many....Shoei, HJC, Bell, Scorpion, Nolan, etc. Just can't quite get a perfect fit. I guess I have a round head! I may have to give the Kabuto a try...especially for the price! I must have 12-15 helmets sitting on shelves in my garage...along with all the seats, windshields, exhaust systems and various other parts/accessories. :shock:

You will never go wrong with an Arai helmet

BIGLRY
05-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Did you get it at the $102 price?Nope, mine was $111.16 with free shipping. The one for $102 is a large, I bought it from the same seller as Necanefan did, motorcyclegear2. The one I orderd was the 2x they had every size with a different price for each, but they are all shiny red.
If it is all on the up & up... it is still a hell of a deal IMO. Hummm... I wonder how black Plastic-dip would look?:icon_lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kabuto-Ibuki-Helmet-2XL-Shiny-Red-7875503-/191843522500?hash=item2caac3d7c4:i:191843522500&vxp=mtr

Necanefan
05-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Nope, mine was $111.16 with free shipping. The one for $102 is a large, I bought it from the same seller as Necanefan did, motorcyclegear2. The one I orderd was the 2x they had every size with a different price for each, but they are all shiny red.
If it is all on the up & up... it is still a hell of a deal IMO. Hummm... I wonder how black Plastic-dip would look?:icon_lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kabuto-Ibuki-Helmet-2XL-Shiny-Red-7875503-/191843522500?hash=item2caac3d7c4:i:191843522500&vxp=mtr

Great deal! I hope the 2x is a good fit. It seems to me that they fit a little larger than the Nolan N90 and a lot larger than the Scorpion EXO 900x.

BIGLRY
05-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Great deal! I hope the 2x is a good fit. It seems to me that they fit a little larger than the Nolan N90 and a lot larger than the Scorpion EXO 900x.I sure hope so or someone on the board is going to get a hell of a deal on it. I have never in my life had a cowboy hat, helmet, hard hat, baseball hat, football helmet, baseball helmet ever be to big nor a lot of them ever fit me right. The carbon fiber novelty helmet below is what I've been wearing for the last 16 years it has all the guts stripped out of it so I can wear it. I have a Shoei ZG full face in 3x and it is way to small, it was the biggest helmet you could by in 1979. I have a whole wall full of helmets from over the years that never fit me right.

Necanefan
05-21-2016, 09:59 PM
I sure hope so or someone on the board is going to get a hell of a deal on it. I have never in my life had a cowboy hat, helmet, hard hat, baseball hat, football helmet, baseball helmet ever be to big nor a lot of them ever fit me right. The carbon fiber novelty helmet below is what I've been wearing for the last 16 years it has all the guts stripped out of it so I can wear it. I have a Shoei ZG full face in 3x and it is way to small, it was the biggest helmet you could by in 1979. I have a whole wall full of helmets from over the years that never fit me right.

I wish I could say that I am optimistic that this one will fit. I will be very surprised if it fits you, but I'm hoping for the best for you!

Airborne06
05-23-2016, 07:32 AM
You will never go wrong with an Arai helmet

Concur. That has been my experience...but this Kabuto sounds promising...especially for the price. I am hesitant to add another helmet to my "garage shelf collection" however.

Necanefan
05-23-2016, 12:54 PM
So, my order got cancelled from the eBay seller and my account credited. I am not buying their explanation. Here is the body of the email I received:
New message: Jeff, While packing another custom...

eBay
New message from: motorcyclegear2 Top Rated Seller(6,111Green Star)
Jeff,

While packing another customer's order for the new Kabuto Ibuki Helmets we received in on Thursday a crew member noticed there were some significant blemishes on the helmet. Since this morning we have been going through the helmets and found that several of the other sizes have blemishes as well.

Due to only selling brand new items we do not feel comfortable shipping these helmets out to you in there current condition. We have had to ship this entire palate back under warranty.

In lieu of these findings we have sent your order down to accounting to be canceled and refunded for you immediately!
Thank You
MotorcycleGear2 Crew

Kabuto Ibuki Helmet Large Shiny Red 7875303
Kabuto Ibuki Helmet Large Shiny Re
Price: $102.11
Buy it now
Watchers: 3
Quantity Remaining: 0
Free Shipping
Buy it now
Get to know the seller motorcyclegear2

• Located: Pflugerville, TX, United States
• Positive Feedback: 99.7%

Only purchases on eBay are covered by the eBay purchase protection programs. Asking your trading partner to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not allowed.

Email reference id: [#a11-ub7wqre3bl#]_[#ca7949846ff44ff3bf770403cee19f4c#]

We don't check this mailbox, so please don't reply to this message. If you have a question, go to Help & Contact.

eBay sent this message to Jeff Ryan (jefrya0). Learn more about account protection. eBay is committed to your privacy. Learn more about our privacy notice and user agreement.

©2016 eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

willtill
05-23-2016, 01:12 PM
Interesting.

Hornblower
05-23-2016, 01:24 PM
My order cancelled as well! At least they're being consistent!

Necanefan
05-23-2016, 02:11 PM

I've sent them two messages now letting them know that this solution is unacceptable to me. I stated that I fully expect them to hold up their end of the purchase contract and to ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and thought that a 10 day window would suffice. They responded that it would be a month or so before they received more. I replied that I can wait a month and to ship me the helmet upon arrival and charge me the $102.11. If they cannot do so, I will be open to substituting another modular with a similar msrp for the same $102.11. I aske them to please advise. I am now awaiting their response.

53driver
05-23-2016, 02:22 PM

Ken - you get the same story as Jeff?

BIGLRY
05-23-2016, 02:27 PM
I knew I smelled something fishy with a price that was way to low, $111 for a $300+ helmet. I to got the same message from them, here is the same e-mail I just received.
"New message from: motorcyclegear2 Top Rated Seller(6,111Green Star)
Larry,

While packing another customer's order for the new Kabuto Ibuki Helmets we received in on Thursday a crew member noticed there were some significant blemishes on the helmet. Since this morning we have been going through the helmets and found that several of the other sizes have blemishes as well.

Due to only selling brand new items we do not feel comfortable shipping these helmets out to you in there current condition. We have had to ship this entire palate back under warranty.

In lieu of these findings we have sent your order down to accounting to be canceled and refunded for you immediately!
Thank You
MotorcycleGear2 Crew"

I have also received an e-mail from PayPal stating the funds have been put back in my PayPal account. Like the old adage, "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is" and here was a perfect example.
What do you want to bet someone at MotorcycleGear2 put them on Ebay with the wrong price on Friday and when the boss came in on Monday blew a gasket when they saw the orders and realized it was going to cost them a butt load of money and canceled everything?:shrug:

Hornblower
05-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Ken - you get the same story as Jeff?

Yep, that's what I meant when I said they were being consistent. I probably won't hold their feet to the fire for it though since I already have one. Compared to other premium helmets, this is a $400 to $500 value IMHO. I believe Revzilla is now selling those helmets for $315.

BIGLRY
05-23-2016, 02:41 PM
I've sent them two messages now letting them know that this solution is unacceptable to me. I stated that I fully expect them to hold up their end of the purchase contract and to ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and thought that a 10 day window would suffice. They responded that it would be a month or so before they received more. I replied that I can wait a month and to ship me the helmet upon arrival and charge me the $102.11. If they cannot do so, I will be open to substituting another modular with a similar msrp for the same $102.11. I aske them to please advise. I am now awaiting their response.I just sent my first message to them just like yours. We'll see what happens, if I don't get satisfaction I am going to dog them incessantly if nessacery.
"This solution is completely unacceptable to me. I fully expect you to hold up your end of the purchase contract and ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and that a 15 day delivery window would rectify this situation.
Respectfully,
Larry Royal"

Necanefan
05-23-2016, 02:54 PM
I just sent my first message to them just like yours. We'll see what happens, if I don't get satisfaction I am going to dog them incessantly if nessacery.
"This solution is completely unacceptable to me. I fully expect you to hold up your end of the purchase contract and ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and that a 15 day delivery window would rectify this situation.
Respectfully,
Larry Royal"

It will be interesting to see where this goes...

zzh54
05-23-2016, 03:43 PM
Yup, mine got cut also, where did you guys send your complaint to, His Yahoo e-mail???????

zzh54
05-23-2016, 03:49 PM
I replied to his yahoo e-mail and on his fleabay account

BIGLRY
05-23-2016, 04:25 PM
I just got a response to my first e-mail. I've posted their response in red, then below that is what I just now sent back in response. The Kabuto Ibuki Helmet saga goes on.'popcorn and coke'

'Larry,

There is only one supplier in the USA and that is it. We will not send out a helmet with blemishes, it is Great that we caught the helmets. We already made arrangements for them to be picked up. When we get in a new supply we will see what they look like but it will take much longer than 15 days, could be over a month.

If these have to be brought in from overseas by the supplier, than no telling, if we hear something within a deceit length of time we will get you a helmet at that price.

Dear motorcyclegear2,

Thank you for the response and I will wait as long as it takes to receive one of the Kabuto Ibuki Helmet in 2XL at the agreed upon price of $111.16 I don't care about the color as I had planned on painting the one I ordered from you.

Respectfully,
Larry Royal"

Necanefan
05-23-2016, 04:33 PM
I just got a response to my first e-mail. I've posted their response in red, then below that is what I just now sent back in response. The Kabuto Ibuki Helmet saga goes on.'popcorn and coke'

'Larry,

There is only one supplier in the USA and that is it. We will not send out a helmet with blemishes, it is Great that we caught the helmets. We already made arrangements for them to be picked up. When we get in a new supply we will see what they look like but it will take much longer than 15 days, could be over a month.

If these have to be brought in from overseas by the supplier, than no telling, if we hear something within a deceit length of time we will get you a helmet at that price.

Dear motorcyclegear2,

Thank you for the response and I will wait as long as it takes to receive one of the Kabuto Ibuki Helmet in 2XL at the agreed upon price of $111.16 I don't care about the color as I had planned on painting the one I ordered from you.

Respectfully,
Larry Royal"

That's the same exact response I got, nearly word-for-word.

98valk
05-23-2016, 04:38 PM
'Larry,

if we hear something within a deceit length of time we will get you a helmet at that price.

Looks like a freudian slip there. You ain't gettin' no helmet. :icon_evil:

Necanefan
05-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Looks like a freudian slip there. You ain't gettin' no helmet. :icon_evil:

Haha. Good catch.

BIGLRY
05-23-2016, 05:28 PM
I doubt very seriously any of us will see a Kabuto Ibuki Helmet from motorcyclegear2 and if we do it won't be at that ridiculously low price. To confirm my doubt here is what I have found out through a little investigation of motorcyclegear2, first they have NO Kabuto Ibuki helmets nor Kabuto helmets of any model for sale in their EBay store. Checking their sales history I could not find if they have ever sold any Kabuto helmets. Looking at the complaints filled against them I did see a complaint for selling something(buy now) they did not have in stock which tends to lead me to believe that with a total listing of 47,305 items in their EBay store and no Kabuto products...they are nothing more than a drop shipper and their source for the Kabuto Ibuki helmets could not or would not supply motorcyclegear2 at their advertised EBay price.

I will continue to bug them until I get tired of their BS and chock it up to another EBay seller who sells what they don't have, just being a middle man trying to do high volume with small profits and no inventory, they got caught short this time IMHO.:shrug:

zzh54
05-23-2016, 05:59 PM
I received same letter back, and still replied to them telling them I will wait the month or two to hear from them so that they can make good on the promise of the helmet.

After all that I will e-mail them once a week to see how they are doing on getting my helmet to me.

zzh54
09-14-2016, 08:05 PM
These Helmets are back on his shelf, in ebay. I just sent motorcyclegear2 a message explaining that I am still waiting for them to honor our deal. Doubt it will mount to anything but if it does I will have a backup helmet in shinny red.

53driver
09-14-2016, 08:15 PM
I just got an email Friday from 2Wheel that had a really stupid low price on these.

https://www.2wheel.com/kabuto-ibuki-modular-helmet.html

Best of luck.
Steve

Old Ryder
09-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Every time I try to order a large, it tells me they are out of stock.

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 09:20 PM
I couldn't find matching XL and XXl in any of the Ibuki colors. Maybe the wifey and I won't match or I'll get the Aeroblade III. Both are sick deals. I read that the Kamui is most like the old Arai round fits.

willtill
09-18-2016, 06:09 AM
I couldn't find matching XL and XXl in any of the Ibuki colors. Maybe the wifey and I won't match or I'll get the Aeroblade III. Both are sick deals. I read that the Kamui is most like the old Arai round fits.

You will be hard pressed to find a Ibuki in those sizes now. The Ibuki is a discontinued item from the manufacturer.

willtill
03-16-2017, 10:51 AM
Well hell... my Kabuto Ibuki Helmet was short lived. I inadvertently dropped it and now the shield won't stay locked down. :-( Me thinks that possibly the hinges and the front locking portion has been compromised as a result of the impact.

Gawd I hate it when I drop a helmet. Try to be SO CAREFUL with them... treat them like eggs... but every once in awhile a helmet can get away from you.

Ordered a white Bell Qualifier DLX helmet to replace it. This one has a transitional face shield (which I'm looking forward to) and although I can't use the cut out for my Sena 20S, I hope I can still utilize it with the clamp mount that it uses to fasten to my now Kauput Ibuki...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-qualifier-dlx-helmet?gclid=CM7h7O2v29ICFZtWDQod_OUCig

F6B1911
03-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Well hell... my Kabuto Ibuki Helmet was short lived. I inadvertently dropped it and now the shield won't stay locked down. :-( Me thinks that possibly the hinges and the front locking portion has been compromised as a result of the impact. Gawd I hate it when I drop a helmet. Try to be SO CAREFUL with them... treat them like eggs... but every once in awhile a helmet can get away from you. Ordered a white Bell Qualifier DLX helmet to replace it. This one has a transitional face shield (which I'm looking forward to) and although I can't use the cut out for my Sena 20S, I hope I can still utilize it with the clamp mount that it uses to fasten to my now Kauput Ibuki... https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-qualifier-dlx-helmet?gclid=CM7h7O2v29ICFZtWDQod_OUCig Saw a guy at the BMW dealership get off his R1200GS and watched his Schuberth C3 Pro fall from the seat, could of sworn I saw a few tears running down his cheek.

SimonTemplar
03-16-2017, 01:29 PM
A buddy of mine went down on a curve during a recent ride. I stopped to help him and without thinking just put my Nolan 104EVO on my seat. HAD I been thinking....since the wind was howling...I'd have secured it a bit better, but I was obviously in a hurry.

While I was helping him up and we got his bike back upright and checked over....the wind blew my Nolan not only off the bike but also across the road (and not very slowly at that).

Damage: Scraped up visor that didn't HAVE to be replaced (but I did anyway) and a few minor scrapes on the side...otherwise, you couldn't even tell that it had ever been hurt.

It may not be the absolute top-of-the-line brain-bucket, but it's still one of the best helmets I've ever owned.

.....sT

Redlinez
03-16-2017, 04:27 PM
That Bell is the exact helmet I'm planning on getting. They feel absolutely great on my noggin. Can't beat the prices at Motorcyclecloseouts either. I love the idea of the transition shield and spot for my Sena.

willtill
03-16-2017, 05:21 PM
That Bell is the exact helmet I'm planning on getting. They feel absolutely great on my noggin. Can't beat the prices at Motorcyclecloseouts either. I love the idea of the transition shield and spot for my Sena.

Yes, I just received it this afternoon and found a surprise in it. There was hair.

I was pretty disgusted. Emailed them back and ranted and raved. They emailed back and said I could return it and they would send out another; or they would issue a partial refund of $30.00

I already had it apart when they responded; it's not dirty but you could tell that someone else had tried it on previously, and probably returned it to them.

I elected to keep it... but am wary of Revzilla after this. At least the damned thing fits.

Redlinez
03-22-2017, 04:06 PM
It wasn't me. I'm bald! :)