PDA

View Full Version : Healtech speedohealer

woody
09-01-2013, 02:34 PM
I am looking at installing a Healtech Speedohealer on my F6B. The question I have is where is the speedo pickup on the bike?
Not having a workshop manual I would assume that it is the grey wireing that exits the block behind the right side headers and runs up under the right side of the fering.
Thanks in advance for any information.

timjoebob
09-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Is something wrong with yours? For the first time on any bike, my speedometer is correct... i.e. it matches my gps-indicated speed.

woody
09-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Yes it overstates by 7kph. when compared to my GPS at 100kph. A friend of mine has has the same problem with his. Over a period of time it add's up to be a substantial amount of "phantom" kilometers on the bike thus affecting the trade in value.Also it is annoying by not giving a true speedo reading.

I realise most vehicle manufactures overstate when it comes to speedo readings. I have never owned a vehicle that understates so there has to be a reason. It is the only fault I can find with the bike though, as for the rest of it I just love it.

gray rider
09-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Mine exactly matches the GPS reading in MPH.

BubbaJePH
09-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I checked my 1300R speedometer with my GPS. It was slow by six miles an hour. I was only doing sixty miles an hour when the speedometer was reading sixty six. No wonder old people were riding my butt. Programmed the speedohealer and the speed is dead on. The odometer is not clocking miles as fast as it was before. Now the odometer is reading a little closer to accurate. Cars and motorcycles alike can be as much as 15% off and still be legal. May get you a ticket but the vehicle maker can get away with it.

SteveM
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Whenever I look at my speedometer and GPS speed, they match. However, on my recent ss1000 the GPS recorded 3% fewer miles.

You mighy not notice the difference in the speedo / GPS comparison if it is small.

woody
09-02-2013, 12:52 AM
The Blackbird I traded on the F6B was overstating by 5kph and the recorded mileage also didn't match my GPS. I also have a 2011 Suzuki 1250S that is showing 6kph quicker than it's GPS.

There may be a difference between the American and Australian models I know the Oz models have ABS and we don't get the luxury model (heated grips - carrier - and backrest) so the American accessory shops do all right out of us blokes.

Do any of you know weather I am on to the right set of wires with the speedo pickup ( the ones coming from the right side just after the headers and disapearing behind the brake master cylinder?)

Cheers Woody.

Memphian
09-02-2013, 09:24 AM
None of my previous Honda bikes had the correct speed. I haven't checked the F6B yet.:icon_cool:

Tazf6b
09-09-2013, 09:21 PM
I checked with my gps today and at 120 km an hour, the gps showed a speed of only 115

The thing I do not understand is That the odometer seems correct on lengts of 1 km used by the air patrol to verify the speed of traffic. I did checked them at 3 different spots on two different highways today...

MichaelG
09-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Woody, on the USA bikes...our F6B speedometeres are very, very close to be exactly what they are supposed to be reading. Over the past 18,500 (miles)...not kilometers, I have found that my speedometer is within .25 of a mph to being correct, compared to my Garmin 550 GPS. For a Honda product, that is very accurate. That means when I am really doing 100 mph, as per my GPS...the bike may be showing that it is doing 100.25 mph. So close, it is not worth adjusting.

Now...on all three of my previopus Goldwing 1800 bikes, I have in fact installed the SpeedHealer, to correct a speedo that was off between 3.5 % to 6.0 %. I was reall mad that Honda would produce a bike, like a Goldwing 1800, that had a speedo that was off by that much.

Conversly, I was quite surprised when I found this new F6B to be so accurate.

BUT...keep in mind that adjusting the bikes speedo reading by use of the HealTech SpeedHealer will NOT also change the bikes odometer at the rate rate factor. Okay, I know that people would assume that it would change at the same rate factor...but it does not. To me, it was more important to adjust my ODOMETER to be accurate, than it was to have my SPEEDOMETER be accurate. I had the Garmin GPS to show me an accurate Speed reading. But with the Iron Butt rides I was doing, I needed to record an accurate Mileage amount.

By adjusting the speed imput signal with the SpeedHealer, I could make it so the Odometer was right on, but the speedometer would still be off.

On this F6B, if I install a HealTech SpeedHealer, and use it to adjust the imput signal to make the Odometer correct, it will in fact make my Speedometer read incorrect.

Right now...in stock mode...my Speedometer is so darn accurate, I am happy. I am not going to sweat it that the Odometer is reading too fast by 3.3% on my bike. All that does is show more mileage on the bike,. and...when I go to sell it or trade it in, do you think anyone is going to care whether the bike shows it has 300,000 miles on it...or 309,900 miles on it?

If you are worried about showing too many miles on your bike for resale value, then you are not riding it enough :icon_mrgreen:

woody
09-10-2013, 02:44 PM
So am I on to the right set of wires for the speed pickup?

Thanks in advance ... Woody.

MichaelG
09-10-2013, 03:12 PM
So am I on to the right set of wires for the speed pickup?

Thanks in advance ... Woody.

Woody, I have not looked for the correct wiring location on these new 2012-2013 models. On my previous 1800 Wings, the 2001-2010 models had the wiring connector under the left side cover, ,and you mounted this under the seat.

woody
09-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks Miles I will check it out today.

MichaelG
09-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Woody, the installation instructions from the SpeedHealer will have a detailed location of where the connector is at on your bike. They have never failed me. If you have not bought the SpeedHealer yet, just go to HealTech.com, and download the pdf for the instructions, and it will tell you what you need to know.

redinoliver
04-02-2015, 10:01 PM
100 indicated, 94.6 on gps.

bigbird
04-02-2015, 10:43 PM
100 indicated, 94.6 on gps.

Welcome to the world of Honda's idea of metric speedometers.
Yours and mine are identical.
Let me rephrase that, they were identical, until I installed a Speedohealer.
My brain got tired of mentally subtracting 6%, best $117 Cdn I ever spent.

http://www.xtsportbikeaccessories.com/page/page/5698771.htm

srt8-in-largo
04-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Hey Bird... how exactly does that work?

Where do you plug it in... and how do you adjust it?

bigbird
04-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Hey Bird... how exactly does that work?

Where do you plug it in... and how do you adjust it?

The Speedohealer is a solid state tiny box that plugs into the VSS harness.
The Vehicle Speed Sensor's output is then processed by the black box and electronically compensated to provide the correct output to the ECM. The ECM's output to the electronic speedo is then accurate after processing.

There is a single LED numerical readout on the face of the mini black box. On installation and first powerup, there is a programming sequence to run through. The % error is programmed in with 2 small buttons on the box. There is also a wire coming off the box connected to a tiny remote PB switch. If you saw my accessory video, you saw me press a larger button on the right cover above my voltmeter. That larger button replaced the original tiny remote button and allows a visual readout on the speedometer of the highest speed attained on the speedometer. That speed is stored in memory until a higher top speed is achieved. To erase the top speed memory, I hold down the large black button for 2s while the ignition is on and the memory is erased.

If you want to read more, here's the manual:

http://healtech-electronics.com/docs/SHv4_UsersGuide_en.pdf

srt8-in-largo
04-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Beautiful, thanks. Yes I did see you press the button; it's strange seeing the speedo do that while parked.

So if I wanted to dial in 3% or 10% the programming allows it... makes sense.

redinoliver
04-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the world of Honda's idea of metric speedometers.
Yours and mine are identical.
Let me rephrase that, they were identical, until I installed a Speedohealer.
My brain got tired of mentally subtracting 6%, best $117 Cdn I ever spent.

http://www.xtsportbikeaccessories.com/page/page/5698771.htm

I installed one on my fz1, worked great.