GaTeach
05-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Lol.

Jimmytee
05-22-2016, 03:03 PM
So you got them on and have taken them for a ride? Tells us more.:icon_wink:

Pap
05-22-2016, 05:57 PM
We have to wait 'till later. She must be ridin' now!

Jimmytee
05-22-2016, 06:47 PM
I already know they are going to be a hit. Undeniably the best money I've spent on my F6B hands down.:yes: or where ever you want them because there is just that much adjustment...:icon_wink:

53driver
05-22-2016, 08:29 PM
I got one text today.....it went something like this:
"OMFGIamsoexcitedIcannotstandit-thesehelibarsareamazingandImgoingridingbye."

GaTeach
05-22-2016, 10:06 PM
I don't even know where to start. Yes....I headed straight for the mountains!!!

The positioning is just amazing I feel a million times better already BUT

it's the handling that has blown me away.

My buddy that installed them was very impressed with the manual. He also watched a youtube last night and he had no problems installing them.

Thanks for being on standby Ken. I appreciate that.

Jimmytee
05-23-2016, 05:01 AM
I don't even know where to start. Yes....I headed straight for the mountains!!!

The positioning is just amazing I feel a million times better already BUT

it's the handling that has blown me away.

My buddy that installed them was very impressed with the manual. He also watched a youtube last night and he had no problems installing them.

Thanks for being on standby Ken. I appreciate that.

That cross bar really stiffens up the feel of the front end. Makes it feel solid swishing back and forth in the twisties.

shooter
05-23-2016, 06:42 AM
Glad you like em Teach. Some things make a big difference. Its what makes the ride more pleasurable.

GaTeach
05-23-2016, 11:29 AM
If I hit a speed bump or railroad tracks too fast, SG would wallow all over the road for a couple seconds. With these bars, there is NO wallowing at all.

Not that I would hit a speed bump, railroad tracks, or curbs too fast.....

And these bars have totally taken the venom out of tar snakes. Did anyone else notice that?

Also, it was exceptionally windy here yesterday. She held her line much easier.

I'm impressed. I really wish I could leave her alone for a couple of days and let my shoulder and wrist heal. Wishful thinking.

Hornblower
05-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Good report there, Teach :yes: Lets' see...how can we get you to spend even more money on aftermarket stuff? Oh yeah, and I'm being serious here, your next purchase should be a fork brace. The fork brace, in conjunction with Helibars, will make your front end even more stable. It's not too expensive and very easy to add. Also, on the Helibars, just leave off those little black rubber plugs for now so you can continue to tweak the positions. Ride and adjust, ride and adjust, ride and adjust. Once you're sure the bars are optimal for you, then you can put those plugs back in. Point being, make full use of all the adjustments available to you. IMO, wrist angle is one of the more important adjustments you can make for comfort but that may vary from rider-to-rider. Another adjustment I've heard touted is for height. For that, adjust until your forearms are relatively level when in your normal riding position. Just a couple of things to think about...

maxrider
05-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Oh get LED super bright lights, lose the OEM bulbs, next best thing to Helibars:icon_biggrin:

MotoMike
05-30-2016, 07:49 PM
I have a set but have yet to install them. I see in the instructions that you have to crack open the hydraulics. I'd rather avoid having to undo any fluid lines and bleed anything if it can be avoided. I really look forward to putting them on, Im sure the investment will be well worth it.

Jimmytee
05-30-2016, 08:05 PM
I have a set but have yet to install them. I see in the instructions that you have to crack open the hydraulics. I'd rather avoid having to undo any fluid lines and bleed anything if it can be avoided. I really look forward to putting them on, Im sure the investment will be well worth it.

If you go by the instructions ,which are very thorough and complete, you will find it very easy. Don't worry about those lines. It is easy.

BIGLRY
05-30-2016, 09:52 PM
I have a set but have yet to install them. I see in the instructions that you have to crack open the hydraulics. I'd rather avoid having to undo any fluid lines and bleed anything if it can be avoided. I really look forward to putting them on, Im sure the investment will be well worth it.Like Jimmy says, "If you go by the instructions ,which are very thorough and complete, you will find it very easy."
The bleeding of the system is easy too if you are careful and again follow the great instructions to the T!
I do have one suggestion, lay all the parts out...like on a table and familiarize yourself with what each one is and what order & where it is going. Oh one more, save the congratulatory 'I'm done' beer until after you're really done and have checked everything for fit and that there are no leaks.
You can do it:yes:

MotoMike
05-31-2016, 12:31 AM
Will do. Thx.
I totally get the 'congratulatory beer' reference. I learned that lesson a lonngg time ago.
Fumbled a ratchet while 'hydrating' one sunny project day. Landed right on top of a newly painted gas tank. Grrrr.