PDA

View Full Version : Balancing?

Ronald
05-24-2016, 12:58 AM
Just installed my first car tire GMAX 38 psi seems hard to control in gravel, very easy to install tire changer at shop but I cannot find anyone to balance it for me motorcycle shop Will not touch it. car shops will not someone has recommended Dina Beads. What are you guys doing any recommendations I sure am impressed on how easy it is to take this back wheel off and change .the tire. Thanks

shooter
05-24-2016, 01:27 AM
Ronald , 3oz. of balance beads and you're golden.

seadog
05-24-2016, 04:44 AM
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.php this will get you to the dyna beads. You will need to purchase the applicator bottle to put the dyna bead thru the valve stem its at the bottom of the charter of beads. You have to pour them slowly but you will get them in there eventually.

jkelley
05-24-2016, 04:57 AM
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.php this will get you to the dyna beads. You will need to purchase the applicator bottle to put the dyna bead thru the valve stem its at the bottom of the charter of beads. You have to pour them slowly but you will get them in there eventually.

+1 as stated, I also use a small engraver against the valve stem to help vibrate the beads in slowly.

bob109
05-24-2016, 07:02 AM
Just installed my first car tire GMAX 38 psi seems hard to control in gravel, very easy to install tire changer at shop but I cannot find anyone to balance it for me motorcycle shop Will not touch it. car shops will not someone has recommended Dina Beads. What are you guys doing any recommendations I sure am impressed on how easy it is to take this back wheel off and change .the tire. Thanks

Having the G-Max and riding solo, I've found that keeping the tire at 42/43 PSI provides great handling. I'm 255 lbs.

Regarding balancing, I'm "old school" and bought a inexpensive "static balancer" from Harbor Freight. Never had any issues with the tires I've balanced. A little time consuming but the results is worth the effort:icon_wink: Like you said, the ease of the rear tire removal is, IMHO, "priceless":shhh:

willtill
05-24-2016, 07:07 AM
Done right if you do it yourself. :yes:

I'm going to opt for the 3oz of balancing beads in my Michelin C/T when I get it mounted. I haven't had good luck with the beads in a past (front tire) of a motorcycle I used to own... but will give them another try...

pilotguy299
05-25-2016, 04:54 PM
How about "Ride On" ? I haven't used it myself, but have been thinking about it. Quite a few on the VTX sites use it wit their tires.

waynerock66
05-25-2016, 05:48 PM
I've used Ride On with good results for several years now. My first choice when balancing a tire.

SierraKen
05-25-2016, 07:10 PM

First, I have never tried the beads but from what I have read they work. On my previous Wing I installed Centramatics and was very happy with the results. Once installed no balancing is ever needed.

They really smoothed the ride even more and the bike seemed to just settle down on to the road more. I believe they also added 2-3 thousand miles to a set of MC tires. I bought my F6B in September and just put a new tire on the rear at 9600 miles. On my old wing the rear tire was good for 12-15000 miles. I just installed the Centramatics on my 6 so we will see if I get any increase in mileage.

I wear out rear tires at least twice a year (25000 miles plus a year) so the $229 cost is well worth it over life of the bike. Again, I have not tried the beads, they may work as well. Just my experience with the Centramatics .

seadog
05-26-2016, 06:23 AM
+1 as stated, I also use a small engraver against the valve stem to help vibrate the beads in slowly.

The secret to putting the beads in is don't let the air escape by pulling the valve out all the way. Let the air slowly discharge and all that moisture created by the fast escaping air is eliminated. When it finally bleeds down to empty the valve stem is dry and the beads will flow like water pouring them in. It the moisture created by the fast escaping air that hinders the beads flowing in. You still have to pour slowly but moisture won't be a problem added to the installation.

gregj
05-26-2016, 07:57 AM
I've used the Dyna Beads since '04, and never had an issue. Go with the beads.

seadog
05-26-2016, 08:25 AM
First, I have never tried the beads but from what I have read they work. On my previous Wing I installed Centramatics and was very happy with the results. Once installed no balancing is ever needed.

They really smoothed the ride even more and the bike seemed to just settle down on to the road more. I believe they also added 2-3 thousand miles to a set of MC tires. I bought my F6B in September and just put a new tire on the rear at 9600 miles. On my old wing the rear tire was good for 12-15000 miles. I just installed the Centramatics on my 6 so we will see if I get any increase in mileage.

I wear out rear tires at least twice a year (25000 miles plus a year) so the $229 cost is well worth it over life of the bike. Again, I have not tried the beads, they may work as well. Just my experience with the Centramatics .

You can buy an awful lot of beads for the price of those Centramatics. You could do about 25 tires with beads for the price of those and that is buying new beads everytime you change tires. JMHO

waynerock66
05-26-2016, 10:26 AM
You can buy an awful lot of beads for the price of those Centramatics. You could do about 25 tires with beads for the price of those and that is buying new beads everytime you change tires. JMHO

I think the the centermatics are reusable. I may be wrong though.