PDA

View Full Version : GTR LED headlight ISSUE

Craig_328
05-24-2016, 01:21 PM
I purchased these LED's for my car, but they required an adaptor to get them to fit. Instead of waiting I used HID's for my car and put these on a shelf. Ironically, they are the same bulb for the F6b.

http://www.headlightrevolution.com/GTR_Lighting_LED_Conversion_Kit_p/7010271.htm

I put them in clipped them in place and was pretty happy they fit and were secured. Connected them to give her a test, turned the key and nothing!?

Took the lights back out, hooked them up to a 2am battery tender and WALA! They lit up!!!

They connect, plug in....am I missing something?
I flipped them in the plug as well.
Stock headlights work with halogen bulbs
The only thing I noticed is the stock bulb prongs are slightly bigger and than the connection of the led light...maybe they aren't connecting all the way? I tried to slide them in the plug, minimal movement and no light still....

I'm stumped...why wont they work with the F6b?

Hornblower
05-24-2016, 01:59 PM
I purchased these LED's for my car, but they required an adaptor to get them to fit. Instead of waiting I used HID's for my car and put these on a shelf. Ironically, they are the same bulb for the F6b.

http://www.headlightrevolution.com/GTR_Lighting_LED_Conversion_Kit_p/7010271.htm

I put them in clipped them in place and was pretty happy they fit and were secured. Connected them to give her a test, turned the key and nothing!?

Took the lights back out, hooked them up to a 2am battery tender and WALA! They lit up!!!

They connect, plug in....am I missing something?
I flipped them in the plug as well.
Stock headlights work with halogen bulbs
The only thing I noticed is the stock bulb prongs are slightly bigger and than the connection of the led light...maybe they aren't connecting all the way? I tried to slide them in the plug, minimal movement and no light still....

I'm stumped...why wont they work with the F6b?

Craig--No reason I know of those lights shouldn't work. My first thought would be to check and recheck all your connections.

pilotguy299
05-24-2016, 05:02 PM
polarity reversed?

Craig_328
05-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Craig--No reason I know of those lights shouldn't work. My first thought would be to check and recheck all your connections.

I checked everything twice. Then went and hooked it up to a 2am charger...they went on

polarity reversed?

flipped the connectors....to the f6b wires...then flipped the connectors to the actual drivers as well.

pilotguy299
05-24-2016, 08:07 PM
time to break out a DVM and see what you have for voltage at the headlight connector on the source side, and which tab is + and -.

Craig_328
05-24-2016, 08:28 PM
time to break out a DVM and see what you have for voltage at the headlight connector on the source side, and which tab is + and -.

Sounds like a good project. I sure hope they push out more than 2amps.