PDA

View Full Version : AMA Superbike Race

jm21ddd15
05-25-2016, 06:25 AM
The AMA Superbike series comes to Road America, near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, June 3-5. It's the longest track on the AMA circuit, at 4.05 miles. Speeds close to 200mph on the long straight away. Good to watch the worlds top pro racers, maybe I can learn something. No, I'm to old to be a racer, but any riding tips are always good. Should be a good time. If your in the area, check it out.

shooter
05-25-2016, 06:38 AM
I love watching Moto GP. The new official top speed under race conditions is a little over 220 mph. That's about what my B will do in fourth.:crackup: Like you I watch technique to see if I can apply any of that at a much slower speed. Marc Marquez is without a doubt the best the sport has seen. Youthful enthusiasm holds him back. Seeing it live would be a real treat. If you go give us a report.

JackB
05-25-2016, 06:42 AM
Always a good time at Road America. But I like the following weekend's event it's the rocker box cycle show and vintage cycle races. And a lot cheaper to get it. Plus the roads around Elkhart Lake are great. I will not be able to make those races this year but I will be at the Vintage car races in July.

Dave Ritsema
05-25-2016, 07:25 AM
Always a good time at Road America. But I like the following weekend's event it's the rocker box cycle show and vintage cycle races. And a lot cheaper to get it. Plus the roads around Elkhart Lake are great. I will not be able to make those races this year but I will be at the Vintage car races in July.

Thats a great venue with a lot of history. I ran SCCA there in the late 70's, early 80's and took a Bob Bondurant racing class there as well. Those superbike guys are amazing.

shooter
05-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Amazing is putting it lightly Dave. If I had one tenth of the talent that Marquez had I would be dangerous. Those guys are so amazing that my wife , who deplores auto racing of any type , is an avid fan. She is amazed at the lean angle in the corners.

decubitus
05-25-2016, 09:22 AM
MotoAmerica is coming to Road America next month. MotoGP has come and gone from their US event at Circuit Of The Americas this year. I got to see that. The guys and girls of MotoAmerica are fast, but the MotoGP guys are scary fast. The MotoGP guys are so fast their 600cc class (Moto 2, powered exclusively by Honda), post faster lap times than the MotoAmerica 1000cc classes (Super Bike and Super Stock 1000). Looking forward to seeing both MotoAmerica and MotoGP next year at COTA.

grendl
05-25-2016, 06:22 PM
I used to watch ,fascinated ,all the Moto races on the Speed Channel. Now that Speed Channel is (at least from Comcast) gone where can you see them?

bertrider
05-25-2016, 06:58 PM
I used to watch ,fascinated ,all the Moto races on the Speed Channel. Now that Speed Channel is (at least from Comcast) gone where can you see them?

Bein sports channel. 392 on my DISH

jm21ddd15
05-25-2016, 07:14 PM

Hop on the F-6, and ride to Utah. Watch the races in person! Just 35 miles from Salt Lake City. June 23-25. Make it a weekend ride! Have fun! 'gw-smiley'

Horseman
05-25-2016, 07:57 PM
I watched the MotoAmerica races from VIR last week on TV and have to say that it's a much better product this year. A bigger field of riders(including an ex-MotoGP man) and some close, fast racing. I've spent the Spring wondering what happened to MotoGP, World SuperBike(good to see Nicky Hayden still in Europe) and MotoAmerica. Really happy to have discovered all 3 on Bein Sports channel. And the Giro de Italia for all of us roadies. Better late than never!