PDA

View Full Version : iPod charging?

Cobraguy
05-25-2016, 08:56 AM
My wife went to the other coast this past weekend. While there she rented a 2015 Goldwing (Black/Charcoal/Del) from Eagle Rider in Orlando Fl. She had the bike for a day and put almost 300 miles on it. She discovered something odd in the process. If you plug an iPod into the USB in the Wings trunk it charges while playing. Not so on the F6B. It would be nice to not have to take the iPod out for charging. Is this normal F6 behavior or does ours have an issue.

wjduke
05-25-2016, 09:31 AM
I thought that USB charged whatever was plugged in?

DaWadd
05-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Mine charges fine in the saddlebag."coffee"

Patch
05-25-2016, 09:40 AM
My 13 F6B charges my iphone4 (just used as an ipod) like a champ.

Cobraguy
05-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll look into it. It is an older iPod that has lived a tough life.

valkmc
05-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll look into it. It is an older iPod that has lived a tough life.

I have an IPod (older) which went through 2 teenagers. It charges in the saddlebag. Mine has been in there more than a year and it is fully charged.

pilotguy299
05-25-2016, 04:37 PM
I had my iPhone connected to the usb in the saddlebag all day and playing music, and it's still fully charged.

53driver
05-25-2016, 04:58 PM
My iPod Classic stays fully charged as well.

Bad cable?
Bad jack on iPod?

Plug in "something else" like an Android phone and see if it charges....

Best of luck,
Steve

stepbill
05-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Man, you learn something new every day. I always thought that the usb in the saddlebag was only for playing music and not charging and if you hooked up an adapter to the glove box, that one would charge. Glad that I found this out.

SimonTemplar
05-26-2016, 01:27 AM
'15 Matte Silver Deluxe...charges fine!

Problem that I do have:

iPod Touch 4th Gen plays fine......

iPod Touch 6th Gen.....not so much. After about an hour it goes stupid.

Cobraguy
05-26-2016, 08:47 AM
Hers is a gen7 nano that got dropped on the power switch corner so it doesn't shut off. Its funny cause I put an aux plug in the left pocket and it charges fine there. Plug it into the USB in the bag and it'll play a 3-4 hrs. then die. On the rented wing the USB was in the trunk. She plugged in and road all day and it stayed charged the whole time. I'll see if it'll charge a cell phone or something.

lloydmoore1
05-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Hers is a gen7 nano that got dropped on the power switch corner so it doesn't shut off. Its funny cause I put an aux plug in the left pocket and it charges fine there. Plug it into the USB in the bag and it'll play a 3-4 hrs. then die. On the rented wing the USB was in the trunk. She plugged in and road all day and it stayed charged the whole time. I'll see if it'll charge a cell phone or something.

Try resetting the ipod by holding both the play and center menu down until the apple appears that might help. It just resets the power and does not effect anything loaded on the ipod. I have an old one also and that sometimes happens but the reset sorts it out.
If not next time your driving over a bridge give it a fling and then go to Wally mart buy her a new one and put it under her pillow, she will be happy. :icon_lol: there is no cost for happy wife :icon_wink:

Pringle
05-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Had the issue with an older iPod. After troubleshooting, I did not have the latest update installed from Apple for the iPod. Plugged into computer, installed update, worked perfect.

rock lobster
05-31-2016, 06:26 PM
Well I guess I was too dam excited to get the bike {had it 4 days} to look in the saddle bag for a charger,have been using the plug in the leftside pocket,well you learn something new everyday. Now I gotta go look for this elusive saddle bag plug.