PDA

View Full Version : kury dragonwings

jimsol1
05-26-2016, 12:18 AM
Just got em today from Wingstuff. You have to drill through your side trim pieces after removing them. The left one went well, but the right one gave me a problem. My drilled holes lined up with the pre-existing holes below the trim piece, but the right dragonwing holes would not match up. I had to stretch the top and bottom holes of the dragonwing 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch with a drill to get it to fit. I don't see how I did anything wrong, but if it becomes a common issue I would want a replacement right wing. Ya, ya no pics. I am at work. They do make the stereo even louder. Jim

Steve 0080
05-26-2016, 07:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j6FWyfO1ao

Stone Laker
05-26-2016, 10:21 AM
The Show Chrome deflectors have been around for years and you don't have to drill holes in your bike. They are cheaper too.

jimsol1
05-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Different than video, just released, mount differently as well. Wing stuff has them.

Wing'n it
05-26-2016, 11:51 AM
The Show Chrome deflectors have been around for years and you don't have to drill holes in your bike. They are cheaper too.

I put a set of these up for sale in the "for sale" section and they include the Honda trim already notched for fitting.

dnegrich
09-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Just got em today from Wingstuff. You have to drill through your side trim pieces after removing them. The left one went well, but the right one gave me a problem. My drilled holes lined up with the pre-existing holes below the trim piece, but the right dragonwing holes would not match up. I had to stretch the top and bottom holes of the dragonwing 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch with a drill to get it to fit. I don't see how I did anything wrong, but if it becomes a common issue I would want a replacement right wing. Ya, ya no pics. I am at work. They do make the stereo even louder. Jim

Same problem one higher than other even though I went to great lengths to center each hole I drilled had to stretch them now one has screws near top of slot and the other near the bottoms. Really upset me. But it's close that you would not notice unless you take them off and look at the new bigger holes I never wanted. But mine are the New style 2016 version.

speedjunkie
09-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Silly question, what's the function of these deflectors? Bring air into cockpit area, or block it out? It's warm enough on my thighs now when out in the hot sun, I'd love some additional air besides the vent from the accessory screen.

Mike