PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION ABOUT MUSTANG SEATS

Bdog
05-26-2016, 03:42 PM
I like the way mustang seats look and sets you lower on the bike but they don't offer a drivers back rest. The seat itself does give some back support but I can't tell how much. I have back problems and require the support. Can you guys,(or gals), that have or have tried a mustang seat give your thoughts on the amount of support they give.

98valk
05-26-2016, 03:52 PM
I like the way mustang seats look and sets you lower on the bike but they don't offer a drivers back rest. The seat itself does give some back support but I can't tell how much. I have back problems and require the support. Can you guys,(or gals), that have or have tried a mustang seat give your thoughts on the amount of support they give.

Maybe a big guy can make use of it. At 5'10" and 170lbs, I would have to lean back like I am in a lawn chair to make use of the "backrest" portion of the Mustang seat.

With my helibars, I can sit back far enough that I do get a bit of butt support when accelerating - no back support.

Looks cool though!

opas ride
05-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Maybe a big guy can make use of it. At 5'10" and 170lbs, I would have to lean back like I am in a lawn chair to make use of the "backrest" portion of the Mustang seat.

With my helibars, I can sit back far enough that I do get a bit of butt support when accelerating - no back support.

Looks cool though!
Same thoughts...Love the looks and lower seating position of the Mustang..5'8 1/2" and 195 lbs. (too fat) it works fairly well for me also...Good butt support but not so much back support.....Ride safe

Brasco
05-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Put my Mustang seat on this spring simply because I wanted to be an inch closer to the ground. Your lower back won't get direct support from the seat; more at the top of your tailbone. It's a comfortable seat overall and haven't missed my old Corbin with backrest (but then again, it hasn't been tested on a multi-day trip yet).

DMAGOLDRDR
05-26-2016, 05:00 PM

My Mustang Seat is in the Classifieds because I needed more support. I really like the seating position of the Mustang but was not willing to drop another $800 on HeliBars to lean me back far enough to be able to use the Mustang back support. IF you have long arms you may be fine.

SierraKen
05-26-2016, 06:20 PM

I put the Mustang seat on so I would not need a backrest. I'm 5'10" tall with a 30" inseam. I love that it sets me alittle lower and gives me adequate lower back support. On my old Wing I had a Utopia back rest and it worked well for me. When I bought my F6B in September I tried Smart Mount backrest on the OEM seat and hated it. Just couldn't get comfy.

Put the Mustang on in November and love it. Have ridden many 500 plus days and both butt and back do fine.

TailGunner
05-26-2016, 08:49 PM
I put the Mustang seat on so I would not need a backrest. I'm 5'10" tall with a 30" inseam. I love that it sets me alittle lower and gives me adequate lower back support. On my old Wing I had a Utopia back rest and it worked well for me. When I bought my F6B in September I tried Smart Mount backrest on the OEM seat and hated it. Just couldn't get comfy.

Put the Mustang on in November and love it. Have ridden many 500 plus days and both butt and back do fine.

+1 I have had back problems but this seat supports me fine. Been on a few long rides with no problems

Airborne06
05-26-2016, 09:13 PM
My Mustang Seat is in the Classifieds because I needed more support. I really like the seating position of the Mustang but was not willing to drop another $800 on HeliBars to lean me back far enough to be able to use the Mustang back support. IF you have long arms you may be fine.
Are you back to the stock seat?

BadDawg
05-26-2016, 09:54 PM
So my thoughts. I bought it just for the lower profile. I'm 5'6" 30" inseam 180lbs. I get no benifits from the back rest. I do like the seat but wish it was an inch lower. I don't have back problems or care about the support. So that isn't a deal breaker for me.

TailGunner
05-26-2016, 10:25 PM
So my thoughts. I bought it just for the lower profile. I'm 5'6" 30" inseam 180lbs. I get no benifits from the back rest. I do like the seat but wish it was an inch lower. I don't have back problems or care about the support. So that isn't a deal breaker for me.
If it is new give it a chance to settle. If it has settled already you can take it to a seat upholsterer and have them trim the seat

cueman
05-27-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm 5'9" with many health issues and the Mustang seat works for me. I must tell you when I was a young lad, that I would make a game out of who could hang the longest from the clothes line pole. I was good at that. You might say I have monkey arms. :icon_lol: cueman

DMAGOLDRDR
05-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Are you back to the stock seat?

I went with a Corbin Dual Tour with Backrest. I wanted the lower seat position and a firmer seat than the stock seat.

cosborn
05-28-2016, 03:11 PM
I love my Mustang seat.....except not being able to get to the side covers. I've just done a trip to Western Australia, about 10 - 11000 km and the seat was great. I had a small airline bag behind my back which was just the shot.

Chris