PDA

View Full Version : Hate your F6B color?

Jigit
05-26-2016, 04:08 PM
So I bought this 2013 red, hated the color but the price was so good I could not refuse the deal. Now I got this idea of switching plastics with someone who has same problem. The bike I bought is in perfect shape with only 2k miles on it and the paint is in excellent condition.

opas ride
05-26-2016, 04:11 PM
So I bought this 2013 red, hated the color but the price was so good I could not refuse the deal. Now I got this idea of switching plastics with someone who has same problem. The bike I bought is in perfect shape with only 2k miles on it and the paint is in excellent condition.

Why don't you just have the 2013 custom painted by someone who does this kind of work...Had mine done back in the late fall of 2013 and it looks great...House of Kolors, Brandywine Candy Red with a couple coats of clearcoat...Expensive, but worth it if you plan to keep your bike for a while...JMHO.....Ride safe

Felloverboard
05-26-2016, 04:31 PM

Switch Plastocs... I just tore down my front section to repaint. 8 hrs. Finished the rear section today teardown.... 5 hrs. To painter tomorrow, then re-assemble.
Just switch..... LOL. Why would someone want the red or black that scratches because of no clearcoat ? That is what people on here are trying to get rid of.

Jigit
05-26-2016, 05:02 PM
I highly doubt average shop could produce quality close to OEM, thou I'm pretty sure there are some real good once.

Felloverboard
05-26-2016, 05:07 PM
You have permission to live in your dream world a few weeks....

Slammd
05-26-2016, 08:26 PM
I highly doubt average shop could produce quality close to OEM, thou I'm pretty sure there are some real good once.

You might wanna check out the first sticky on "The Garage" page. :icon_wink:

zeus661
05-27-2016, 06:31 AM
So what have people paid for a paint job? Did you have to tear down and reassemble? Curious on what the deal is.

Steve 0080
05-27-2016, 07:01 AM

I for one am a little confused...the OEM paint SUCKS!!!! I five year old in kindergarten class could paint better that the OEM...ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY could paint better than HONDA !!!!

JMHO

pilotguy299
05-27-2016, 08:53 AM
I like the white. I just wish it were a bit more deep, and had a lot of clear coat on it.

53driver
05-27-2016, 08:59 AM
I like the white. I just wish it were a bit more deep, and had a lot of clear coat on it.

I like the white as well. When I am tired of the black paint, I am going to have something done by somebody else using white - as you mentioned a bit deeper, a crap ton of clear and possibly one of those "if the sun strikes it a certain way you see different hues" kinda thing just to differentiate it from the Honda paint scheme - but then again, maybe not. That's down the road aways.....

MarkF
05-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Is the matte silver better than the black? I mean does the paint hold up better to scratches and such?

nvmyf6
05-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Is the matte silver better than the black? I mean does the paint hold up better to scratches and such?

Well, there is no clear coat, so it does not show any scratches. But, without the clear coat, there is no paint protection.

I love the look of this matte finish, but I discovered just how fragile this paint is.

A few days after I got this bike, I had made a couple of the key mods, using the radio knob idea. Anyways, upon inserting one in the keys into the fuel door lock, my thumb nail stabbed the paint and put a little tiny cut into the paint, weird right.

So ya just have to be a little careful. It's not a big issue at all.

For having this bike for 14 months now , that little tiny thumb nail cut is the only paint damage that has occurred.

The paint seems durable. I do wash it all the time, using a soft cloth and water. Cleans up real easy. I haven't tried the windex yet.

I ride it all the time and gotta keep er clean.

:icon_mrgreen:

Jimmytee
05-30-2016, 03:19 AM
I think I'm planning to paint mine next winter. Not so much to change colors, but just to get a more custom and durable paint job.

114th COBRA
05-30-2016, 05:39 AM

I have a 2015 with the Matte Silver finish with a little over 3000 miles, and while cleaning I noticed a couple of small nicks in the finish but no fading of rubbing off of the paint as I'm cleaning. I use Ducky's Matte Finish Cleaner and it seem to be protecting the paint pretty good, so I'll keep using it,. Hope this helps. :039:

nascar4401
06-01-2016, 06:33 AM

I'm a shade tree painter and I could do 10 times better than OEM