PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Thunder

Airborne06
05-26-2016, 09:06 PM
Heading out early tomorrow morning for Rolling Thunder in DC. Anyone else going from this board?

The actual rally and ride are on Sunday morning, departing from the Pentagon parking lot. On Monday, we (IAVA, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Association) are placing a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at exactly 12:01.

DMAGOLDRDR
05-27-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm riding down with a few friends. We'll get there Sat eve and leave Mon AM.

seadog
05-27-2016, 06:38 AM
Heading out early tomorrow morning for Rolling Thunder in DC. Anyone else going from this board?

The actual rally and ride are on Sunday morning, departing from the Pentagon parking lot. On Monday, we (IAVA, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Association) are placing a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at exactly 12:01.

Don't know if its true, but heard that the money for the vets isn't getting to them like it is suppose too. They are blaming the rolling thunder operations for this. Like I said, just a rumor and not sure it has any validation.

53driver
05-27-2016, 08:46 AM
Don't know if its true, but heard that the money for the vets isn't getting to them like it is suppose too. They are blaming the rolling thunder operations for this. Like I said, just a rumor and not sure it has any validation.

That's kinda out there.....It's not like the traffic jam for Rolling Thunder (on a long weekend when govt schedules itself to work less anyway) is somehow impeding the flow of electrons from govt banks to veterans' bank accounts.....

seadog
05-27-2016, 12:53 PM
That's kinda out there.....It's not like the traffic jam for Rolling Thunder (on a long weekend when govt schedules itself to work less anyway) is somehow impeding the flow of electrons from govt banks to veterans' bank accounts.....

That the moneys earmarked for the vets isn't getting to them, I have no further info on what his source was but he usually knows what he is talking about. I have no further information on it and only this individual story that the Rolling Thunder group isn't transfering the amount of money that should be coming to the vets.