PDA

View Full Version : Strange exhaust sound

Jigit
05-27-2016, 09:11 AM
My newly purchased F6B is producing the sound that I never heard before from regular goldwings that I owned previously. This one is making more rumbling sound (somewhere in the front area) as if there's a hole somewhere in the exhaust pipe. Is F6B is supposed to make that extra sound or is there a problem with my motorcycle? The bike is like brand new (only 2k miles), all stock and no mods whatsoever. Please advise, thanks.

53driver
05-27-2016, 09:20 AM
My newly purchased F6B is producing the sound that I never heard before from regular goldwings that I owned previously. This one is making more rumbling sound (somewhere in the front area) as if there's a hole somewhere in the exhaust pipe. Is F6B is supposed to make that extra sound or is there a problem with my motorcycle? The bike is like brand new (only 2k miles), all stock and no mods whatsoever. Please advise, thanks.

Uh...whoa! No. The -15s and -16s have a bit more rumble to them than -13s & -14s, but not in the front.
The front of your bike should be as quiet as a church mouse on Sunday during the sermon....

wjduke
05-27-2016, 09:51 AM
As 53driver said, my 15 has a slight rumble but it's quiet up front. I'd take it in to be checked out, or compare to another one. Maybe you're not used to the newer sound.

Ixol Phaane
05-27-2016, 04:46 PM

I replaced the stock chrome pipes of my '14 with the black pipes of a '15 and immediately noticed more rumble as soon as I fired it up. It's a good sound, especially when engine braking and decelerating. :yes:

cosborn
05-28-2016, 03:03 PM
My F6 has a bit of noise (wine) under acceleration which i think is a combination of the front tyre and maybe the cam chains, accentuated by the big hole where the front end sits. My mechanic tells me to get over it.

Chris

:icon_rolleyes:

rumble-b
05-28-2016, 09:58 PM
My F6 has a bit of noise (wine) under acceleration which i think is a combination of the front tyre and maybe the cam chains, accentuated by the big hole where the front end sits. My mechanic tells me to get over it.

Chris

:icon_rolleyes:

Yup Mine is the same. I think it just echos back behind the fairing sometimes.

nvmyf6
05-28-2016, 11:39 PM
Is your newly purchased F6B a 2015 or 2016?

Does it sound like this? Although, it does sound way better excellerating down the road.

https://youtu.be/rifSWP6WWAQ

wjduke
05-29-2016, 03:55 AM
Is your newly purchased F6B a 2015 or 2016?

Does it sound like this? Although, it does sound way better excellerating down the road.

https://youtu.be/rifSWP6WWAQ

Same sound out of mine.