PDA

View Full Version : MSGroup.org - Anyone been here?

53driver
05-27-2016, 09:12 AM
A long time ago, when I was involved in motorcycle safety at the squadron level, we would have monthly "Motorcycle Safety Club" meetings.
As the senior Marine in the squadron who rode, I was in charge.

I would take some of the articles from the "Safety Tips" portion of this web page:
http://www.msgroup.org/articles.aspx

I was amazed it was still around. I'd print them out and we would discuss them as a group.
Somethings are spot on IMHO, some invoke "spirited discussion."

Just another resource for personal betterment.
277 articles ranging from one paragraph to several pages.
Yeah, you can take the iPad to the "library" for a few minutes...

Y'all ride safely out there.
Cheers,
Steve

Brasco
05-27-2016, 11:20 PM
Have read a few articles already . . . some interesting stuff here. Thanks for sharing!

Chas
05-28-2016, 09:24 AM
A long time ago, when I was involved in motorcycle safety at the squadron level, we would have monthly "Motorcycle Safety Club" meetings.
As the senior Marine in the squadron who rode, I was in charge.

I would take some of the articles from the "Safety Tips" portion of this web page:
http://www.msgroup.org/articles.aspx

I was amazed it was still around. I'd print them out and we would discuss them as a group.
Somethings are spot on IMHO, some invoke "spirited discussion."

Just another resource for personal betterment.
277 articles ranging from one paragraph to several pages.
Yeah, you can take the iPad to the "library" for a few minutes...

Y'all ride safely out there.
Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Marine, I am always looking for things like that!
Semper Fi (I am an ex Swabby)

53driver
05-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks Marine, I am always looking for things like that!
Semper Fi (I am an ex Swabby)

My wife, sister, brother, and other sister's husband are all squids.
That other sister is AF.

Thanks for your service.
Cheers,
Steve

jaygollner
05-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Good info, I just read two and they make perfect sense. I never really thought about riding with trikes before, now I understand a little better to give them plenty of room.

53driver
05-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Good info, I just read two and they make perfect sense. I never really thought about riding with trikes before, now I understand a little better to give them plenty of room.

Cool. Glad they are good for you.
There's a lot of stuff in there that if someone told you, you'd think for a second, nod and say "got it."

Problem is, none of us thinks of these "tips, tricks, and traps" until we've either experienced them, or we held someone else's beer after they said "Watch this!"
Cheers,
Steve

shooter
05-28-2016, 09:57 PM
Good stuff Steve. Definitely some things to practice and think about. Some of my buddies think I'm stupid cause I practice slow speed turns and such. It helps me stay sharp especially riding two up. Which I do alot. That passenger adds a degree of difficulty above and beyond solo riding. Thanks for the link.

53driver
05-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Good stuff Steve. Definitely some things to practice and think about. Some of my buddies think I'm stupid cause I practice slow speed turns and such. It helps me stay sharp especially riding two up. Which I do alot. That passenger adds a degree of difficulty above and beyond solo riding. Thanks for the link.

Precious cargo. No one should question ANYTHING you do to safely protect your passenger.

In the mean time, ask your friends if they practice something until they get it right, and then sometimes thereafter?
Or do they practice a life/death skill until they can't get it wrong? And then polish it for the future?

Glad you are enjoying the link.
Cheers,
Steve