PDA

View Full Version : Centramatic wheel balancers

photodiver
05-28-2016, 01:07 PM
I installed a set of wheel Centramatic wheel balancers on my F6 this morning, removed the wheel weights. Now these tires have right at 11000 miles on them. Took it for a spin and found it reasonably smooth at all speeds for the roads we have here. Now are they worth $304 shipped, guess that depends on the person buying. I ordered them on Monday and received them on Thursday.

Old Ryder
05-29-2016, 06:57 AM
I put on a set with new tires back at the first of the year. Wing stuff had them for $239 at the time. I honestly can't tell that much difference----especially for the difference in price over Dyna Beads or standard weights, but they do work. I am waiting to see if it improves tire life.

Dave Ritsema
05-30-2016, 09:26 AM
I never understood what the value was in these things? Just to eliminate the little wheel weights by using these gynormous discs instead? Must be something more to it I am not understanding.

photodiver
05-30-2016, 10:32 AM
It's that spend money on bike thing! Just thought I would give them a try. Dyna beads would have been a lot cheaper. I bought from the manufacturer, found out afterward Wingstuff was cheaper.

SierraKen
05-30-2016, 02:31 PM
I have used Centramatics on my prior Wing for several years and just last week mounted them on my 6. I found that I got 2-3000 miles more out of my tires on the full Wing. We will see if I get the same on the 6. Ride was smoother and bike seemed to hug road better. JMHO.