PDA

View Full Version : Bigger BaggerShield

snoobzilla
05-28-2016, 03:25 PM
I like my f6b baggershield... but it doesn't really cut it for the back seat, even adjusted up. We have a long trip coming up so I am considering something like this... I would be looking through this one with top shield up and it would probably be comparable to the standard f6b bagger shield down... Could be a very nice compromise...

http://www.baggershield.com/baggershield-honda-goldwing-gl1800-18-to-29-xl-adjustable-p-42.html

If you look at fitment on baggershield page they say they will throw in hardware for f6b upon request.

Has anyone tried this? Any idea how tall this would be with f6b hardware?

Thanks!

terryboyle
05-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Saw a youtube video yesterday and the guy had one. And when you don't want or need the full height you undo the lock screws and place the upper shield inside the lower shield and still have it with you.
Here is the link, it's covered in the first minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMOh5D2dMs

rdeady
05-29-2016, 09:39 AM
Im interested in this myself, have the honda tall windshield and i still have a vacuum and light buffeting . Would like to completely loose all that. Would be ideal to have 17" on bottom which I easily see over like i do now. And be able to add another 6' or so to look through when i wanted. That extra width may help a bit also? They are on sale this weekend but I dont want to just start throwing money at this thing without some input.

snoobzilla
05-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Saw a youtube video yesterday and the guy had one. And when you don't want or need the full height you undo the lock screws and place the upper shield inside the lower shield and still have it with you.
Here is the link, it's covered in the first minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMOh5D2dMs

Thanks... I have one of these. Wondering about a taller version of same.

snoobzilla
05-31-2016, 06:57 AM
I contacted Baggershield through facebook...

Baggershield: The 17-25 is actually the same height as the 11-19 that you have. It is measured different due to the gl1800 mounting system. The 18-29 would measure 12-23 on your f6b. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Me: Ok... and I have existing one adjusted up so it is already 12-20. So I would be gaining 3 up. No internal adjustment slots then with adapter hardware?
Baggershield: No the adapter does not allow for internal adjustment

So net net looks like you gain 3" up vs std f6b shield, which would be look thru for most, so could be a good option for those wanting to try. Not sure it is worth it for me, I was hoping for a really tall bottom portion, like 17" then like 8" upper.

rdeady
06-01-2016, 05:02 PM
snoob that's just what i want also. 17 for the bottom and 7 or 8 on top would be awsome

terryboyle
06-08-2016, 08:21 AM
lots of videos on Youtube for the full 'wing. Nothing for the F6B that I could find.

many thanks
Terry

Ixol Phaane
06-08-2016, 02:23 PM
lots of videos on Youtube for the full 'wing. Nothing for the F6B that I could find.

many thanks
Terry

Replacing the windshield on the F6B is about identical to the Big Wing. it takes ~10-15 minutes if you've done it a time or two before.
Heed the advice of the YouTubers and stuff that rag into the cavern below the mirrors to catch that bolt if you happen to drop it. Otherwise it may get swallowed up by that fairing, never to be seen again. :icon_frown:

terryboyle
06-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Replacing the windshield on the F6B is about identical to the Big Wing. it takes ~10-15 minutes if you've done it a time or two before.
Heed the advice of the YouTubers and stuff that rag into the cavern below the mirrors to catch that bolt if you happen to drop it. Otherwise it may get swallowed up by that fairing, never to be seen again. :icon_frown:

And if it is your first time? Allow an hour or so?

Pap
06-08-2016, 05:28 PM
And if it is your first time? Allow an hour or so?

I would think within an hour for your first time switching shields.
Use the rags in the mirror pockets.
Pay attention to the rubber spacers at the bottom of the shield where the front bolts are.
Piece of cake once you've done it.

terryboyle
06-08-2016, 05:33 PM
One of my favourites of my mother's sayings.
:cheers: