PDA

View Full Version : The deed is done!

terryboyle
05-31-2016, 05:09 PM
I have bought a new "in the crate" 2014 F6B. I have the dealer adding the following:
the accessory socket in the front left pocket,
the center stand, and
the passenger back rest.

I picked up some Uclear headsets and plan on getting a GPS (Zumo 390)

While I am in the "spending like it's water" mode what do you good folks suggest. It was so much less expensive than a full boat Goldwing that I feel obliged to spend some of the difference

stroguy
05-31-2016, 05:14 PM
Shorty windscreen, 11" version. Goldwing passenger floorboards.

Congratulations

53driver
05-31-2016, 05:16 PM
First - Congratulations!
You of course got the fastest color - shiny black!

On to your question:
Get the dealer to supply and apply some "Honda-Magic-Make-My-Paint-Stay-Looking-New" special sauce.
Maybe get them to throw in a tool kit since the "B" doesn't come with one - oh wait, the Canadian version does...nevermind.

Other items:
You're not going to like windshield - in all probability.
Many have not liked the seat.
Decide on your seating (stock or aftermarket) BEFORE you invest in a windshield.

Look in these pages (Search bar) for "motor-break-in" techniques.
There's lots of really good information.

But mostly - HAVE FUN!
Cheers,
Steve

GaTeach
05-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Best. Bike. Ever.

seadog
05-31-2016, 06:20 PM
Shorty windscreen, 11" version. Goldwing passenger floorboards.

Congratulations

But not where he is living, I would suggest a taller version for your area.

copper
05-31-2016, 06:20 PM
I picked up some Uclear headsets and plan on getting a GPS (Zumo 390)

Which Uclear, & what do you think of them?

copper
05-31-2016, 06:23 PM
First - Congratulations!
You of course got the fastest color - shiny black!

Decide on your seating (stock or aftermarket) BEFORE you invest in a windshield.
But mostly - HAVE FUN!
Cheers,
Steve

+1...What he said!

on a previous bike, I got the seat re-done, & it bumped me up an inch taller. Threw my shield height out, had to get a taller shield after the seat was completed.

Steve's got good advice!

shooter
05-31-2016, 07:16 PM
...Steve's got good advice!

It's OK. Nothing earth shattering. I've heard better.

terryboyle
05-31-2016, 07:24 PM
Which Uclear, & what do you think of them?

Great value, sound is incredibly clear. Want to see how they are on the highway at speed. My buddy has had them for a couple of years and can't say enough good things about them. One thing to note, the speaker connection has to be pressed waaaay in or it does not make a connection, it seems like it would be very water resistant.

copper
05-31-2016, 11:01 PM
Great value, sound is incredibly clear. Want to see how they are on the highway at speed. My buddy has had them for a couple of years and can't say enough good things about them. One thing to note, the speaker connection has to be pressed waaaay in or it does not make a connection, it seems like it would be very water resistant.

Thanks!

Brasco
05-31-2016, 11:21 PM
Congrats on your new ride. I'm guessing you're going to want to invest in some highway pegs if you're coming off a cruiser with feet forward seating position. I just got some Kury Ergo II's and getting them powder coated flat black to match the bike. The Ergo III model come in black from factory but cost quite a bit more for us in the great white north. If you're height challenged, the Ergo II may be the way to go but if you're a long in-seamed guy then the Ergo III seems like the logical choice as it allows you to really stretch out with a retractable peg. Lots of folks also like the Aero Highway Pegs from RIVCO.