PDA

View Full Version : What my co- worker said to me today

Greg O
06-02-2016, 08:04 PM
I was getting ready to leave work today. So I'm getting on my jacket waiting for my bike to ideling down. When he said I can't even hear that giant scooter running. Mind you this guy rides a Harley Road King he is 42 and it is his first bike. I replied politely by saying, you will hear the woosh of wind when I'm blowing right past you.

CopperMike
06-02-2016, 09:24 PM
:yes::clap2:
I was getting ready to leave work today. So I'm getting on my jacket waiting for my bike to ideling down. When he said I can't even hear that giant scooter running. Mind you this guy rides a Harley Road King he is 42 and it is his first bike. I replied politely by saying, you will hear the woosh of wind when I'm blowing right past you.

.notworthy.

shooter
06-02-2016, 09:33 PM

That boy needs a Honda Spankin in the worst way. Offer to give it to him Greg.

Steve 0080
06-02-2016, 10:10 PM
"woosh of wind " thats a new one...true though !!!!!

GaTeach
06-02-2016, 10:19 PM
I had to deal with an old HD fart the other day at Cycle World when SG was getting her oil changed. First he had to tell me all the reasons why a woman shouldn't be traveling alone and then he had to tell me all the reasons why he hated my bike. I just walked away.

Penguin
06-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Tell him to meet you in the parking lot at 6 am Saturday morning to go for a little ride. Plan a 500 mile ride for lunch and watch him cry like a little girl at around the 150 mile mark. Then ask him why he can't hang with you and your quiet motorcycle. :nutkick:

wjduke
06-03-2016, 04:21 AM
Tell him to meet you in the parking lot at 6 am Saturday morning to go for a little ride. Plan a 500 mile ride for lunch and watch him cry like a little girl at around the 150 mile mark. Then ask him why he can't hang with you and your quiet motorcycle. :nutkick:

Exactly....I told a Harley friend I did 747 miles last Sunday and I thought his jaw was going to hit the ground. He said no way in hell could he do that. There are some good guys with Harley's, then you get what Teach ran into...the ones that equate loud with speed. She did the right thing.

taxfree4
06-03-2016, 04:31 AM
Those weekend diner pirates get pissy when you ride a bike that they know is faster than theirs, and didn't have to spend another $2000 + to squeak out 3hp. More importantly, they are intimidated by strong women and you're probably a better shot, it's like kryptonite. :071:

pilotguy299
06-03-2016, 06:30 AM

you should have asked him how fast his bike is when it's on the trailer...

lloydmoore1
06-03-2016, 07:04 AM
I pulled into a local coffee shop that happened to be full of HD's got off my bike walked by the crew and one guy said "oh there you are I didn't hear you drive in on your grandpa bike" I got my coffee walked out tapped him on the shoulder as I walked by,,,he was in full story mode with full attention of all his cool buddies and I said " You want to come and try to keep up with the grandpa bike?" He didn't follow end of story.... My old self wanted to kick him in the nuts and drag him to his bike and make him ride but hey we are older and wiser..that's why we ride the B.

Hornblower
06-03-2016, 07:28 AM
I had to deal with an old HD fart the other day at Cycle World when SG was getting her oil changed. First he had to tell me all the reasons why a woman shouldn't be traveling alone and then he had to tell me all the reasons why he hated my bike. I just walked away.

Well, obviously, that idiot had NO idea of who he was talking to, did he :nono:

fast eddie
06-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Being in a club where most of the members ride HD i tell them do you want to hear my bike ? Wait a few seconds the sound will catch up.

stevenolts
06-03-2016, 07:42 AM
In the USA loving a Honda motorcycle is like is loving football / soccer. No one in the USA gets it!!!

I feel like I have to defend myself for being who I am and loving the motorcycle for performance not looks and being part of the in crowd.

My entire life I have had to listen to the bullshit about how soccer is a gay sport etc... (even though the rest of the world loves soccer)
Now I have to listen to the same kind of bullshit about my motorcycle even though it is far superior to a Harley Davidson. I like Harley's, I had a Fatboy for 5 years and I loved it but now I have a much better bike and will never will go back for my main bike.

Go USA soccer!!!

The USA plays its opening match in the Copa America against Columbia tonight. I am headed to Chicago for Tuesdays match against Chili. I get to combine to of my greatest loves motorcycle trips and soccer. Is anyone going to the game in Chicago? I saw that one of the guys on the forum has the USA soccer icon as his picture.
Steve

Brewdog
06-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Harley will put a bigger faster engine in their touring bikes someday. Then the hype will be an $ 8k screaming eagle suspension and tranny upgrade. Its turning into a joke with HD.

stevenolts
06-03-2016, 08:23 AM
I test road the new CVO at Panama City Beach bike week and it ran pretty strong. I don't know how fast we would be pulling away from it. We would have a bunch of cash in our pocket and much better handling and be a lot cooler (TemP)
Steve

shooter
06-03-2016, 08:32 AM
I rode with a guy that had a 2015 CVO Ultra Classic with the 110 motor a couple months ago. About 150 miles into the ride I was in the lead when he took a run at me. We were just going out of the city limits of a small town. I saw him coming and downshifted to second. He pulled one bike length in me before I started reeling him in. Time I hit fourth it was over. I wasn't impressed by the 110 at all.

shooter
06-03-2016, 08:34 AM
Those weekend diner pirates get pissy when you ride a bike that they know is faster than theirs, and didn't have to spend another $2000 + to squeak out 3hp. More importantly, they are intimidated by strong women and you're probably a better shot, it's like kryptonite. :071:

Boy Teach. Tax has you pegged. LMAO

Blk6bgg6
06-03-2016, 07:03 PM
I call em bikers.they ride in sat poker runs an the local bar an grill.Course they all dressed in their black look a like t shirts...At the end of the season which for them runs June 1 thru August 15 when NFL season starts..This is way to fun guys, I love this shit! AND in that 2 month period ahh maybe 500 miles..Know of couple Harley guys with bike in the garage that haven't rolled out for a couple years,yet they have the tshirts from every dealer they see in their cages..I believe most other riders like f6bers are motorcyclists,cause it's true passion an the joy actually riding and appreciating motorcycles..be safe all

wiggy
06-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Wife and I were out of state once when we parked near a Harley at a restaurant. We went in and sat down and we're minding our business when the Harley's owner made the usual rice pile comment that he said was under my bike. I just looked at him and said, "I have nothing against your Harley.....It's a cute little "starter" bike! He didn't say another word!

tinknocker
06-03-2016, 09:33 PM
I sold my ultra to buy my F6...I ride with bunches of Harleys even guys that ride other and just bought a Harley..when asked how they like the ultra "i love it, but DAMN is it too heavy..." I say grab a seat on that and feel what my 840lb. Feels like...then I get " damn you Greg" I just laugh and leave them sucking exhaust

powercruzer13
06-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Had one of those HD riders at an event actually compliment our F6Bs. He was looking them over as he got off his Harley parked next to us & said "that is some bike, what do you have in it?" I told him $29,500. He said "Jeez, I've only got $27K in my new Harley" I then informed him that the $29.5k was for both of them, brand new. :crackup:

lgjhn
06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
There are people that ride motorcycles....and then there are "bikers". It's not hard to tell the difference.
Most of those weekend warriors are people that just ride motorcycles and want to "look/sound bad".
In contrast, you'll find most of the Iron Butt boys are "bikers" as are some of the true 1% outlaws.
Here's what I like to tell the Saturday morning HD lawyer/doctor bunch when they give me crap about my bike:
"Without a doubt, the Harley Davidson motorcycle has no equal as it is the most efficient machine on the face of the planet for converting liquid gasoline into pure noise, and does it extremely well with the least amount of horsepower." That usually shuts em up.
When I had the FJR, I'd actually go "Harley huntin'" on Saturdays. I'd try to find a pack of em tooling down the road and just ease on up and get right in among em, wave at em, smile at em and slowly ease on by. Most of the time, they'd never acknowledged me. I guess they didn't think it was funny, but I was having a hoot taking sadistic pleasure in it. Once I cleared the "leader of the pack", I'd drop down a gear or two, and roll it on. I'd be in the next parish (county) before they'd ever think about getting up to speed.
I've had several HDs over the years. I always liked my Road King for a long haul highway bike, but once I got on a GW, I never looked back.
And now, this F6 is fast becoming the best motorcycle I've ever owned. Fits me like a glove. I love it.

MisterB
06-04-2016, 12:50 AM
I'm 5 days without cigarettes so I'll try to keep it clean.

While it's dramatic to hear about someone's dad who shot down Zeroes in WW2 and now I'm riding through the military cemetery on a Jap bike it's not out of disrespect.
Additionally, how am I putting an American worker out of a job if I wouldn't have bought a HD if there were no other choices? I'd just as soon drive a car or ride a bicycle.
I'm happy to be on my Honda because most of the "wannabe" bikers won't even look at me. The only people who talk to me about biking are usually quite cool, HD and import.
(full disclosure, I'm a waver and have noticed that the HD crowd, which is huge around here, is more inclined to wave at an F6B than an ST1300. just an observation)

Greg, your restrained response to the big boy on his first bike is inspirational. I'm sure the soles of his boots are wore out from walking it around slow speed turns or dragging them when traffic is moving slow. He'll be the d-bag who gets in an accident and talks like the old, wizened biker telling people to be careful.
Reminds me of this video (excuse the laughter, don't know where they got an entire audience of psychopaths. Sad, not funny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erSrEIuOwX4

willtill
06-04-2016, 07:16 AM
When I had my Rocket III, I used to (almost every weekend) make a trip to the local Harley Dealer and park it right out front; and then pretend to not notice as the pirates would saunter over to it and speechlessly stare at it :icon_mrgreen:

Been doing the same thing with my F6B lately... don't get quite the crowd but it definitely gets noticed.

Lot's of good "come backs" in this thread. I must mentally file them for future use. :icon_wink:

Retired Army
06-04-2016, 07:49 AM
I purchased my ride at Scooters on Steroids located on Main Street. It takes 1800 steroids to keep up with it.

Penguin
06-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Had one of those HD riders at an event actually compliment our F6Bs. He was looking them over as he got off his Harley parked next to us & said "that is some bike, what do you have in it?" I told him $29,500. He said "Jeez, I've only got $27K in my new Harley" I then informed him that the $29.5k was for both of them, brand new. :crackup:

PERFECT !!:headbang:

Greg O
06-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I rode Harleys for nearly 20 years before I bought the F6B. I was a pirate for several years, but I was never a Harley snob, I would ride with anyone who wanted to ride. The Honda Goldwing is by far the most superior street /touring bike I have ever owned. Unless some other bike company comes out with something better than a Goldwing I'm a Goldwing owner for life.

Brewdog
06-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Wife and I were out of state once when we parked near a Harley at a restaurant. We went in and sat down and we're minding our business when the Harley's owner made the usual rice pile comment that he said was under my bike. I just looked at him and said, "I have nothing against your Harley.....It's a cute little "starter" bike! He didn't say another word!

This reply is fantastic! Great starter bike. Lol. Maybe that's a reason HD hasn't done more with Horsepower. Their loyal customers might not be able to handle quickness and speed. As long as the HD riders are willing to sign up for a second mortgage to get the Screaming Eagle high performance kits, they will keep fooling their customers.

powercruzer13
06-05-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm sure willtill will remember on the Rocket III forums someone there renamed Harley Davidsons as "Shirley Davidsons" in honor of their small stature as compared to our "fullsize" Rocket III's. Same ratio applies with our F6Bs.
Also said they make nice little girlfriend or wife bikes. :clap2:

The Shirley Davidson name has stuck in my head. :icon_lol:

My R3 in front of Mel Fishers in Key West. :yes:

willtill
06-05-2016, 10:08 AM
I'm sure willtill will remember on the Rocket III forums someone there renamed Harley Davidsons as "Shirley Davidsons" in honor of their small stature as compared to our "fullsize" Rocket III's. Same ratio applies with our F6Bs.
Also said they make nice little girlfriend or wife bikes. :clap2:

The Shirley Davidson name has stuck in my head. :icon_lol:

My R3 in front of Mel Fishers in Key West. :yes:

:icon_lol: For sure...

Miss my Rocket III. What a beast that bike was... :icon_cool:

tpsterns
06-05-2016, 02:20 PM
I loved my Heritage, but didn't want the upkeep of 2 bikes. I wanted fast, quiet, and long distance. Also, I got tired of the HD religion. . with all the clothes and paraphernalia, it's turned into true idolatry. Glad to be on the B.

lgjhn
06-05-2016, 02:56 PM
"..I wanted fast, quiet, and long distance. Also, I got tired of the HD religion...." per tpsterns

+1 Amen. I liked the Harleys I had, especially the Road King, but I wanted "fast, quiet and long distance" as well. I saw "the light" on the first trip on a GW.
I think the actual breaking point for me regarding the HD religion was during our 2007 tour out west. 2 Gold Wings pulling trailers and my friend's wife lost her gloves. We pulled into Hays, KS for fuel and noticed a Harley dealership just off the interstate not far from where we were fueling. We decided to go there so she could buy a new pair of gloves. We parked our rigs away from the front and out of the way.
We weren't in there maybe 30 minutes. When we came out, someone had spit all over our windshields and seats, put chewing gum in our helmets and on our seats. It pretty much summed up the HD religion for me...never again.

willtill
06-05-2016, 04:40 PM
"..I wanted fast, quiet, and long distance. Also, I got tired of the HD religion...." per tpsterns

+1 Amen. I liked the Harleys I had, especially the Road King, but I wanted "fast, quiet and long distance" as well. I saw "the light" on the first trip on a GW.
I think the actual breaking point for me regarding the HD religion was during our 2007 tour out west. 2 Gold Wings pulling trailers and my friend's wife lost her gloves. We pulled into Hays, KS for fuel and noticed a Harley dealership just off the interstate not far from where we were fueling. We decided to go there so she could buy a new pair of gloves. We parked our rigs away from the front and out of the way.
We weren't in there maybe 30 minutes. When we came out, someone had spit all over our windshields and seats, put chewing gum in our helmets and on our seats. It pretty much summed up the HD religion for me...never again.

This is why I always take my helmet with me if I am unsure of the area I am in. Someone once dumped a soda in my helmet (long ago).