PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a 2014 f6b. Have the paint problems been fixed?

mikefromohio
06-03-2016, 12:13 PM
I am seriously thinking about buying a yellow 2014 F6B and wanted to know if the problems with the paint on the 2013's was remedied on the 2014 model? Would appreciate any input on this year and 2015.
Thanks,
Mike

Felloverboard
06-03-2016, 12:31 PM
I am seriously thinking about buying a yellow 2014 F6B and wanted to know if the problems with the paint on the 2013's was remedied on the 2014 model? Would appreciate any input on this year and 2015.
Thanks,
Mike

I have not heard of the Yellow bikes having any real issues. The Black 2013-2014 is another long story of excuses and doubletalk. Good luck finding a happy customer with the Black finish, tho some may exist.

Bunny
06-03-2016, 02:11 PM
I have not heard of the Yellow bikes having any real issues. The Black 2013-2014 is another long story of excuses and doubletalk. Good luck finding a happy customer with the Black finish, tho some may exist.

i have never had a problem with the black paint - must be sporadic.

opas ride
06-03-2016, 02:39 PM
I would not let any paint issues, realistic or otherwise, influence my choice of the bike your looking at...Great ride for the price and one of, if not the best bikes, for the money on the market in this segment....Ride safe and enjoy...

2015F6B
06-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Very durable finish on my 2015 blue.

Ixol Phaane
06-03-2016, 04:21 PM
I have no issue w the paint on mine. The yellow is bright enough that it hides well any minor imperfections. Having said that, it's pretty easy to spot the bug guts and any road tar that kicks up onto it.

pilotguy299
06-03-2016, 04:25 PM
I have a 2016 in matte white, so it may have a differing version of the same problem. But it does have softer paint than really should be on the bike.

Teach
06-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Don't let paint scare you off. There are some old posts referencing the use of Liquid Glass. You can pick it up at your local auto parts store. Three coats and after that whenever you want more shine. It puts a HARD clear coat over the paint.
Lots of bike manufacturers using the softer liquid paints. LG is the cure.

rock lobster
06-04-2016, 04:27 AM
Don't let paint scare you off. There are some old posts referencing the use of Liquid Glass. You can pick it up at your local auto parts store. Three coats and after that whenever you want more shine. It puts a HARD clear coat over the paint.
Lots of bike manufacturers using the softer liquid paints. LG is the cure.

Is the Liquid Glass ok for the matte finish? Live up here in the "Great White North" so not sure where to get it

willtill
06-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Is the Liquid Glass ok for the matte finish? Live up here in the "Great White North" so not sure where to get it

No. :nono:

Do not apply it to a matte finish. It will change the texture and the hue of the matte.

Use any matter cleaner, such as Ducky Matte Finish Detailer-Sealant https://www.duckyproducts.com/mattefinish.html

The pirates use Windex on their matte finished Harleys as well.

pilotguy299
06-04-2016, 08:15 AM
No. :nono:

Do not apply it to a matte finish. It will change the texture and the hue of the matte.

Use any matter cleaner, such as Ducky Matte Finish Detailer-Sealant https://www.duckyproducts.com/mattefinish.html

The pirates use Windex on their matte finished Harleys as well.

I've put liquid glass on my 16 matte white F6B, and like it a lot.

It gives the paint a soft shiny look. very much like the pearl white on the 2007 Aero 750s. I've seen none of the splotchy wavy stuff that people have said will happen.

It does change the texture, and the bike does look different than when i bought her. but I'm ok with it.

Teach
06-04-2016, 09:13 AM
I probably would not use LG on matte finish. Because it creates a hard coating like a clear coat, it will change the finish appearance.
Matte paint has it's own specific care requirements. I would stick with those provisions.