PDA

View Full Version : Having a bit of rain

cosborn
06-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Well at last we are having a bit of rain and enough to fill my water tanks, the down side is that the F6B is sitting in the shed till it stops.
The local authorities have rescued about 60 idiots who have tried to drive through the low level crossings. I would have thought the sign may have given drivers a hint.

Chris

jm21ddd15
06-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Great sign! Wish we had signs like that in the USA. Lots of flooding going on in Texas and some other areas, and each day, the news talks about people ignoring the warnings, and driving thru flooded roads. Yup, then they have to be rescued, or they drown. No pity from me for those. I feel bad for all the people that live in the flooded area, but not those trying to drive thru the water. Water always wins. Hope the rains stop soon.

seadog
06-04-2016, 10:49 PM
The news had a full size Chevy blazer trying to cross a ridiculously fast moving river of water. Most anybody could tell that that would be a no win situation but not that guy as he got washed downstream 3/4 of the way across. I just can't figure what is in there mind to make them think that they should even try to cross such a fast moving river of water. :icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh:

willtill
06-05-2016, 08:47 AM
The news had a full size Chevy blazer trying to cross a ridiculously fast moving river of water. Most anybody could tell that that would be a no win situation but not that guy as he got washed downstream 3/4 of the way across. I just can't figure what is in there mind to make them think that they should even try to cross such a fast moving river of water. :icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh:

It's because most people have a false sense of security while in their vehicles. They believe they've become more invincible; and will take the chance.

Same thing occurs with road rage.

Take the person out of the vehicle and they would not attempt to ford that water, or to behave like an ass to another.

Old Ryder
06-05-2016, 08:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOoy7_l2EbI