PDA

View Full Version : Dainese Air Frame Jacket

stevenolts
06-05-2016, 12:51 PM
I have been attempting to ride only with my gear on to be as safe as possible. In this quest I have found this jacket for summer hot weather riding.

Dainese Air Frame Jacket
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-air-frame-textile-jacket

Does anyone have this jacket?

I am going to be in Chicago and Dainese has a store there so I can try it on before I buy.

I have their Drake Super Air Tex Pants and they are very comfortable and flow a lot of air.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-drake-super-air-tex-pants

Does anyone have a suggestion for top quality jacket that is safe,comfortable, and flows air almost more than a t-shirt.
Steve

copper
06-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Look for one that isn't black.

Was out for a cruise yesterday, running down the highway. After a stop, I took off the leather sleeves off my Joe Rocket jacket. The jacket is black leather, with removable sleeves, but the mesh underneath was black.

While it was a bit better, it wasn't as good as I had hoped....the black mesh also attracts heat, in spite of the mesh.

I may start looking for a lighter mesh coloured jacket...it's only May here, & its going to get warmer, I think.

Good luck in your search!

C

JGF6B
06-06-2016, 05:40 AM
Ditto to what Copper said: Avoid black.
I have a black mesh jacket that I used for 4 or 5 years. It was always too hot when the sun was shining. Not a jacket with vent ports, a true see-through mesh jacket but still too hot in the sun.
I now have a light grey mesh jacket - what a difference.

wjduke
06-06-2016, 07:22 AM
I purchased a Klim Hi-Viz gray summer mesh from a member here and it's working out great so far. I hit some 90's already too.

Patch
06-06-2016, 11:12 AM
If you are looking for a nice jacket, good airflow and has ultimate protection, check out the Alpinestars Valparaiso with the Air-tech option. Nothing like a 4 season jacket with built in airbag...
The number of openings, along with the back breather section is nice for summer. The Air-tech option gives that extra protection in case of separation from the bike. It's also weatherproof and they have matching pants for the color chosen....attachment is the white/grey/black but they also have blue/red/white/grey/black as well as all black.

stevenolts
06-09-2016, 08:54 AM
I did end up buying the Dainese Air Frame jacket while in Chicago. I rode into work with it this morning and was almost cold at 70 degrees with the liner. I will test further tonight at 90+ degrees on the way home from work.

1.This is the most comfortable jacket I own. (I have 2 leather perf Scorpions, 1 Alpine Stars leather perf, and a Scorpion Mesh)
2. The airflow is unbeatable.
3. The looks are understated / all black. (I know the lighter colors are better for heat / All my clothes are black)
4. Most important protection (CE rated armor)
5. I will actually wear it because of all of the above.

I highly recommend these jacket and pants for summer riding in extreme heat.