PDA

View Full Version : Owning your Dream Bike.

shooter
06-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Guys let's just say that you hit the lottery and you had the means to buy your dream bike. I mean we already own our dream bike , the F6B , but I mean your all time Fantasy Bike. What would it be? For me it would be a Rune. Black with every piece of chrome I could buy for it. What about you guys?

GaTeach
06-06-2016, 09:08 PM

Sorcerer
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Modded top off the line GL1800 into a F6B. Well let's down size a bit I really don't want the air bag.

shooter
06-06-2016, 09:25 PM
TEACH!!! What's that thing you're on??!!??

thunder217
06-06-2016, 09:33 PM
I would want to find a CBX loved this bike as a kid. LOL 6 cylinders.

53driver
06-06-2016, 09:42 PM
I think I'd take a white 2016 F6B, and trick the crap out of it.
In addition to the usual windscreen, power ports, belly pan, heli-bars....
No chrome, real paint in a patriotic "piss off liberals" scheme, lighting like I'm doing now, Guhl the ECU, leave the engine stock, Traxxion suspension, stereo from hell, custom solo saddle from Russell or Ultimate with a trunk style gizmo like the Smuggler, but a bit taller so the storage space is deeper, completely integrated GPS, BT & WiFi, widen the saddlebags about 2 inches each by making the lids deeper (Phat gurl!), use all the punchouts on the dash, or get rid of them, some sort of custom exhaust system I haven't yet mentally designed, a securable flat paper storage area on top of the non-existent right cubby, maybe 2" deep for the bike's maintenance logbook, registration & insurance info.

I'm sure there is more I have thought of in the past, but this is a good start point.....
Cheers,
Steve

stroguy
06-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Something from OCC or Juniors works. Maybe even a Jesses James one off.

shooter
06-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Steve I'm with ya on the white. But not that matte stuff. Don't you white owners get mad. I've said before that I like those white bikes. I just want real white with a clear coat. And all that stuff 53 said. Hey Stro , I watched all the OCC stuff. I was a fan. Those guys lost their way. The old man don't fabricate anything anymore. Cuts a point in a fender. Welds a hump on a tank. Cuts the pipe on an angle. Its kinda pitiful. Junior since he don't have the old man to hold him back just builds non functional stuff. I mean the guy is too brilliant at his designs. They were at their best together. The fighting and bickering turned out good bikes. Now Jesse , yeah baby , Jesse can build me a bike any day.

53driver
06-06-2016, 09:57 PM
TEACH!!! What's that thing you're on??!!??

Suzi something....

willtill
06-06-2016, 10:03 PM
This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNLMN_RqSI

stroguy
06-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Steve I'm with ya on the white. But not that matte stuff. Don't you white owners get mad. I've said before that I like those white bikes. I just want real white with a clear coat. And all that stuff 53 said. Hey Stro , I watched all the OCC stuff. I was a fan. Those guys lost their way. The old man don't fabricate anything anymore. Cuts a point in a fender. Welds a hump on a tank. Cuts the pipe on an angle. Its kinda pitiful. Junior since he don't have the old man to hold him back just builds non functional stuff. I mean the guy is too brilliant at his designs. They were at their best together. The fighting and bickering turned out good bikes. Now Jesse , yeah baby , Jesse can build me a bike any day.

Yes, you are correct, I would want an early OCC. it would be functional if I was paying.

shooter
06-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Suzi something....

That's good 53. Made me lol.

GaTeach
06-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Now Jesse , yeah baby , Jesse can..... me.......any day.

ME TOO! I didnt' know that was one of the choices!

SoCal Rich
06-06-2016, 10:22 PM

Patch
06-07-2016, 12:26 AM
First ever ride on a motorcycle was my uncles 28 Henderson 4. Have wanted one ever since...low powered, fumes aplenty...but I'll never forget the sound and fun I had sitting behind him riding around the countryside in the morning.

MisterB
06-07-2016, 12:37 AM
I'd get the 2016 Pearl White Deluxe with the same farkles I've added to mine. The F6B is absolutely perfect for me.
I already feel like I've won the lottery by getting my '13 for 2/3 list, but I'd actually have to win the lottery before I'd ever ride a bike worth more than $15k.
If I had some property and a big enough garage I wouldn't mind having some dirt bikes for the kids, and maybe a Honda Big Ruckus for the wife. Just waiting on those winning numbers...

JGF6B
06-07-2016, 03:36 AM
I'm pretty happy with the F6B.
If I had too much money, I'd probably have a dozen or so bikes.
Maybe an F6B, full wing, a softtail, an Indian or two, a couple of rice rockets..... I could get to 6 or 8 without much thought.

taxfree4
06-07-2016, 03:56 AM
because it's just swanky.

Jimmytee
06-07-2016, 05:35 AM
I think I'd take a white 2016 F6B, and trick the crap out of it.
In addition to the usual windscreen, power ports, belly pan, heli-bars....
No chrome, real paint in a patriotic "piss off liberals" scheme, lighting like I'm doing now, Guhl the ECU, leave the engine stock, Traxxion suspension, stereo from hell, custom solo saddle from Russell or Ultimate with a trunk style gizmo like the Smuggler, but a bit taller so the storage space is deeper, completely integrated GPS, BT & WiFi, widen the saddlebags about 2 inches each by making the lids deeper (Phat gurl!), use all the punchouts on the dash, or get rid of them, some sort of custom exhaust system I haven't yet mentally designed, a securable flat paper storage area on top of the non-existent right cubby, maybe 2" deep for the bike's maintenance logbook, registration & insurance info.

I'm sure there is more I have thought of in the past, but this is a good start point.....
Cheers,
Steve

Similar but I'm either adding that Turbo or having the engine gone through like this guy in Ft. Wayne,IN. Claim is horsepower in the 160 range. Had a his engine gone through, with new pistons cams everything. Lot of hours and money put into it, but hey, if I won the lottery....:icon_biggrin:

Greg O
06-07-2016, 06:24 AM
First ever ride on a motorcycle was my uncles 28 Henderson 4. Have wanted one ever since...low powered, fumes aplenty...but I'll never forget the sound and fun I had sitting behind him riding around the countryside in the morning.

+1
I was just thinking of the inline Henderson when this thread came up.

choptop
06-07-2016, 07:07 AM
The 2 wheeler for now, good bar hopp'n fun and the trike for when I get older. But I love my 6.

seadog
06-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Guys let's just say that you hit the lottery and you had the means to buy your dream bike. I mean we already own our dream bike , the F6B , but I mean your all time Fantasy Bike. What would it be? For me it would be a Rune. Black with every piece of chrome I could buy for it. What about you guys?

A bike that rides like the wind, smooth, sophisticated, powerful, has cruise control, self cancelling turn signal, heated grips, cleans up easy, small touches of chrome. What more can I ask for?4119

Retired Army
06-07-2016, 08:09 AM

seadog
06-07-2016, 08:39 AM
ME TOO! I didnt' know that was one of the choices!

After riding that girl you have and then climbing on a hard tailed rough riding bike like Jesse builds, hitting a chuck hole that would reduce your spine to tears, I don't think you would be riding one of his very far.

shooter
06-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Dog , Teach is Badazz. She can handle anything Jesse is putting out.

53driver
06-07-2016, 10:03 AM
After riding that girl you have and then climbing on a hard tailed rough riding bike like Jesse builds, hitting a chuck hole that would reduce your spine to tears, I don't think you would be riding one of his very far.

Ya'll need to thoroughly re-read post #13 in its entirety, again.

stroguy
06-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Ya'll need to thoroughly re-read post #13 in its entirety, again.

What are all the dots? They weren't in shooters original quote.

53driver
06-07-2016, 10:09 AM
What are all the dots? They weren't in shooters original quote.

Exactly....that makes the message Teach was conveying....

stroguy
06-07-2016, 10:12 AM
I would have just figured something with girth and length, like exclamation points, not dots.

GaTeach
06-07-2016, 10:20 AM

I just want one chance to try.

stroguy
06-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Here is a JJ custom 1911 my buddy just got.

Old Ryder
06-07-2016, 11:25 AM
I think I would have to keep the B---sell the VRod and add a new Valkyrie and then see what is available for the C model. By that time, if the wife has not left and I have not heard anything from the lawyers, I would start looking for a super low mileage Heritage Springer EVO of course just for riding to the store to pick up a 6 pack (Don't do bars) http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/5523297637.html

shooter
06-07-2016, 11:35 AM

Hey that's a different type ofJJ custom. I bet Teach could handle that too. I would be on that one like hair on a dogs back.

Phaedrus
06-07-2016, 08:12 PM
If I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy one dream bike. I'd buy a dream stable of bikes, to have one for every mood. The F6B would stay, of course. Joined by a Yamaha Super Tenure for when I want to leave the pavement for traveled mountain roads. The new and bigger Triumph Bonneville for when I'm feeling retro. An Indian Chieftain for when I want a big American rumble. And something high tech and sexy, perhaps a Ducats Multistrada.

pilotguy299
06-08-2016, 02:18 PM

Built this one myself:

StealthArms.Net. only way to go!

OH, and as far as the OP's question...

Any bike that would get someone in particular to sit behind me.

unsub
06-10-2016, 05:01 PM
For me the ultimate bike would be one that I want to ride all day every day, and not just for show. Using that metric there's nothing out there at this moment that will get me off the B.

lurking luddite
06-11-2016, 08:58 AM

I would have to get a Crocker.
Hendersons are great bikes though, supposed to ride a 1914 cross country this fall.

six2go
06-11-2016, 09:41 AM
For me, my "Dream Bike" is whatever I'm riding at the moment. That's why I bought it. There are a few out there that are beckoning, but I haven't gotten serious about making a change yet. :shhh:

SoCal Rich
06-11-2016, 11:28 AM
In all honesty, my dream bike would be another F6B specced as follows:

Yellow
Cruise control
Reverse
Auto cancelling turn signals
All LED lights
Good sound system

That's all I would need. Would buy in a heartbeat! Probably even with some of those items absent.

motozeke
06-15-2016, 08:25 PM
I can afford any bike I want to ride, but I wouldn't give up my F6B. I would just buy more bikes. Which I don't because I don't have time to ride them and I've grown to hate seeing unused motorcycles sitting in my garage. I'm going down to just the F6B. If and when I move to the mountains, I might get a smaller bike for day rides.

Greg O
06-15-2016, 08:49 PM
I can afford any bike I want to ride, but I wouldn't give up my F6B. I would just buy more bikes. Which I don't because I don't have time to ride them and I've grown to hate seeing unused motorcycles sitting in my garage. I'm going down to just the F6B. If and when I move to the mountains, I might get a smaller bike for day rides.

I to can afford any stock bike on the market today, now custom bikes are a different story. I chose the F6B for its reliability and smoothness of ride. If I had unlimited funds I would have multiple bikes from different manufactures and some custom baggers.

53driver
06-15-2016, 09:29 PM

I too can afford any stock bike on the market today, now custom bikes are a different story. I chose the F6B for its reliability and smoothness of ride. If I had unlimited funds I would have multiple bikes from different manufactures and some custom baggers.

I, also, may afford anything on two wheels.
Unfortunately, my wife has grown accustomed to this thing called a house and that other thing known as food.
So, I may NOT afford any bike....:icon_mrgreen:

GaTeach
07-03-2016, 01:12 PM
If I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy one dream bike. I'd buy a dream stable of bikes, to have one for every mood. The F6B would stay, of course. Joined by a Yamaha Super Tenure for when I want to leave the pavement for traveled mountain roads. The new and bigger Triumph Bonneville for when I'm feeling retro. An Indian Chieftain for when I want a big American rumble. And something high tech and sexy, perhaps a Ducats Multistrada.

Sweet Georgia has no problem leaving the pavement. My buddy in Monument told me he had a scenic route but it involved three miles of dirt road over a mountain. I looked at his Road King and thought "If that can make it, SG and I can make it" HMMOG! Straight up. Narrow. Horrible ruts. Loose gravel and a cliff on the right side that dropped off into a rushing river. Left side was the most beautiful scenery. Boulders. Just gorgeous. I was scared to death. Georgia plowed through with no problem. But my elbows wouldn't flap. That was the first time they wouldn't do what I told them. Two more times before I left Colorado. Pikes Peak and Million Dollar Highway. Goodness.

stevenolts
07-03-2016, 02:03 PM
I love the F6B (ride it and you will believe) but I would like something to flip around on with my changing mood now and again.

I like the sound of the herd with a different bike to meet my moods.
I would not use them all to their full potential but I would like to try.

Naked Super Sport Standard: (Comfortable sports bike)
FZ-10 or the Ducati Diavel

Alternative Sport Tourer: (Short trips under 6 hours with lots of curves)
BMW K1600 or Yamaha FJR1300

On/ Off road Adventure: (Off road camping trips)
BMW R1200GS adventure bike of Yamaha Super Tenre

I saw a bike you could ride right into the water (for trips to the lake / like a jet ski)

I am dreaming right!!!

But as always on my 50 mile each way commute to work or any long trip over 6 hours I want my highway star the F6B!!!
Steve

YikesCops
07-05-2016, 09:20 AM

I agree with you, and got the black Rune, all chrome. Now that I own that, would love to get a Indian Chieftain. Why? Why not? :icon_razz:

JBnAZ
07-07-2016, 10:59 PM
1973 Kawasaki KZ 900 restomod style with new tech - modern brakes, suspension, wheels. Stock motor, Kerker 4 into 1, oil cooler, dark brown custom paint. Would be an awesome addition to the stable.

shooter
07-08-2016, 04:41 AM
I agree with you, and got the black Rune, all chrome. Now that I own that, would love to get a Indian Chieftain. Why? Why not? :icon_razz:

Why not as you said. But let me warn you , everything after that Rune is downhill.

F6B1911
07-08-2016, 07:41 AM
My F6B is my dream bike, but if I won the lottery, I could afford the trip down to Sanford and pick up the one last accessory on my list ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112010861310?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT