PDA

View Full Version : Florida Storms

jm21ddd15
06-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Hoping all you Riders down in Florida, stayed safe and hopefully dry during the recent wild weather. Pics of your flooding are on the news up north here. Was Texas, now Florida. Bad water in both States. Watch those roads when the water recedes. Gonna be lots of crap on the pavement. Ride safe!

Steve 0080
06-07-2016, 09:22 PM
The problem as I see it is the boy who cried wolf. Every time a storm is coming they cry wolf. Now no one or at least very few do anything to prepare as there is usually nothing to prepare for! Here in FLA we have thunder storms all the time with high winds and lighting. Seeing how we live on a sand pit the water is gone within minutes or hours of a downpour. IMO just another way to sell air time!

bob109
06-08-2016, 12:23 AM
The problem as I see it is the boy who cried wolf. Every time a storm is coming they cry wolf. Now no one or at least very few do anything to prepare as there is usually nothing to prepare for! Here in FLA we have thunder storms all the time with high winds and lighting. Seeing how we live on a sand pit the water is gone within minutes or hours of a downpour. IMO just another way to sell air time!

In the North, during winter, the stores sell a lot of "snow bread" and "snow milk":shock: The Weather Men and Women turn into drama kings and queens whenever as much as a flurry falls. Just the nature of the News Business. Rumor and drama sells like "hot cakes":icon_lol:

Brasco
06-08-2016, 12:29 AM
The news ... educate and inform the general public with the facts? Nope. Fear monger and terrify. Sad but true. Respect for the journalism "business" declines as a result. Well deserved IMHO.

53driver
06-08-2016, 06:14 AM
In the North, during winter, the stores sell a lot of "snow bread" and "snow milk":shock: The Weather Men and Women turn into drama kings and queens whenever as much as a flurry falls. Just the nature of the News Business. Rumor and drama sells like "hot cakes":icon_lol:

I recall I ate a lot of "French toast" after shoveling the 2" of snow.........

choptop
06-08-2016, 06:20 AM
That "pussification" of America thing, goes right along w/the dumbing down, political correctness and a multitude of "secret" government programs we are on, not so good for us but...

2015F6B
06-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Hoping all you Riders down in Florida, stayed safe and hopefully dry during the recent wild weather. Pics of your flooding are on the news up north here.

Once again the media blew it way out of proportion. Here, just north of the Tampa Bay area, it rained for the better part of a day and that was about it . . and most of that was drizzle. Those reporters find one intersection in town with a few inches of standing water, go stand in it with waders on and make it look like the storm of the century. Go figure . . .

jm21ddd15
06-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Once again the media blew it way out of proportion. Here, just north of the Tampa Bay area, it rained for the better part of a day and that was about it . . and most of that was drizzle. Those reporters find one intersection in town with a few inches of standing water, go stand in it with waders on and make it look like the storm of the century. Go figure . . .

Ya, that probably was the picture they showed up north, here. Glad to hear all is OK down south. The media does suck!

shooter
06-08-2016, 09:00 PM

Dang Bob , that is so true. We never believe the forecast. Just get up in the morning and look outside. Man when they're calling for 3 to 5 people are buyin milk and bread even though they are on a low carb diet. I bet there is a lot of milk and bread thrown away.3 weeks after a snow.

Steve 0080
06-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that, " everything is a lie " it has been proven to me too many times !!!

Penguin
06-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Its just amazing. No other job lets you completely screw up day after day, not get fired, and make stupid money. :banghead:

3Chief
06-08-2016, 11:49 PM
Its just amazing. No other job lets you completely screw up day after day, not get fired, and make stupid money. :banghead:

Never worked for the government have you? :icon_rolleyes:

shooter
06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that, " everything is a lie " it has been proven to me too many times !!!

So True!!!!

shooter
06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
That's funny Chief. I almost spit my Cheerios out.

53driver
06-09-2016, 08:11 AM

Yes, and I quit after 4 years of gov't service due to the raging ineptness masked through the bureaucracy and the "re-structuring" that always took place while little kingdoms were being built.

Penguin
06-09-2016, 08:34 AM

No but you have a point.:cheers:

3Chief
06-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Yes, and I quit after 4 years of gov't service due to the raging ineptness masked through the bureaucracy and the "re-structuring" that always took place while little kingdoms were being built.

Welcome to my everyday, I'm 12 years in at least 17 to go...I finally shaved my head so I wouldn't pull anymore hair out...:banghead: