PDA

View Full Version : New rider

Eddsi002
06-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Hey guys. Just purchased my f6b today. Planning on doing a trip cross country on my bike in the next couple weeks. Any suggestions about handling the bike or riding secrets you guys like to share. It's my first touring bike as I always had sports bikes. Thanks

stroguy
06-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Welcome. No break in needed, drive her as hard you want. Give us your route and you can hook up with some B'rs for food.

Cobraguy
06-08-2016, 08:35 AM
These are different animals from sport bikes. You can relax, your not required to be aggressive to make it turn. So relax enjoy the ride but don't get lazy your still invisible to cagers. Welcome to the Forum.

terryboyle
06-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Enjoy the ride.
Remember the red line is only 6,000 rpm.
It took some getting used to.

Ixol Phaane
06-08-2016, 02:05 PM
.welcome20.

I think you're gonna like it here. :icon_biggrin:

unsub
06-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Hey guys. Just purchased my f6b today. Planning on doing a trip cross country on my bike in the next couple weeks. Any suggestions about handling the bike or riding secrets you guys like to share. It's my first touring bike as I always had sports bikes. Thanks

.welcome20. to the B hive.

BuzzzPhotos
06-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Welcome to a great ride! Today was the first day this year I felt HOT on my bike and got a little sunburned. Ride safe and don't push yourself on those long riding days. Enjoy this great machine.

lgjhn
06-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Welcome!!
The F6 is a great bike.
For long hauling, I'd suggest getting fitted to the bike before hitting the road....highway pegs, etc.
Also as Terryboyle said, the red line is low compared to a sport bike.
Coming off an FJR, I found it took some gettin' used to myself.
It's a big bike but it's no slouch and handles really well.
You can kick back and relax on this thing and that was something I could never find myself doing on the FJR.

shooter
06-08-2016, 08:54 PM
.welcome20. to the B hive.

Hey , I like that Unsub. The 'B' Hive. That ought to be a category. Maybe a place for tips and tricks. Hey Edd , welcome. Hope you enjoy the place.

nvmyf6
06-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Congratulations on your new ride. 'all/right'

.welcome20. to the forum.

Heres one good tip,

Make sure to check your rear suspension adjustment. On the right side, behind the side panel. If you have a new ride, chances are its at zero.
I weigh a hundred an seventy lbs, and I have mine at 17 clicks.

Enjoy your Ride :icon_cool:

Steve 0080
06-08-2016, 09:33 PM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!! Enjoy the trip !!!

53driver
06-08-2016, 10:12 PM

Check your Final Drive Fluid level!
Please look at the thread Things a New owner needs to consider for a hodgepodge of random tidbits.
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8838-Things-a-new-bike-owner-needs-to-consider

And? Come to our rally in September!

unsub
06-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Hey , I like that Unsub. The 'B' Hive. That ought to be a category. Maybe a place for tips and tricks. Hey Edd , welcome. Hope you enjoy the place.

Good idea..:yes:

53driver
06-09-2016, 04:09 PM

Good idea..:yes:

...working it... :shhh:

Pap
06-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Practice some slow speed turns. Get used to the weight difference.
Good luck and'welcome gang'

Eddsi002
06-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all the info and help from fellow riders. This bike is amazing so far. Will keep you fellows about my trip.